• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Nell

Unending melancholy
Bold Member!
Jacqueline Hunt, the baby's mother, told WPXI-TV that a pediatrician said the nurse was feeding and burping her 1-day-old son, Eli, at Uniontown Hospital when the nurse became "drowsy and fell asleep and dropped him."

The hospital and Uniontown police confirmed that a 30-year veteran nurse accidentally dropped the infant at about 6 a.m. Tuesday.

Uniontown Hospital spokesman Josh Krysak said the baby is expected to recover. He is being treated at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC.

"We are aware that testing revealed a minimally displaced skull fracture, but we also know that all indications given to us point to a full recovery," Krysak said.

The nurse remains employed and has not been suspended or placed on leave, Krysak said. The hospital is conducting an internal review of what happened.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nurse-drops-newborn-hospital-fracturing-skull-132952238.html

So far I feel really sorry for this woman, and of course the infant too. If it turns out later she was on Valium or something I'm going to be PISSED!
Yeah, a quarter of the broads I work with are on xanax or Ativan or both, along with various anti-depressants, and a smattering of them and others are alcoholics, so who knows what happened here :shrug:

Yeah, a quarter of the broads I work with are on xanax or Ativan or both, along with various anti-depressants, and a smattering of them and others are alcoholics, so who knows what happened here :shrug:

I wish I could say in a serious tone.. Where do you work so I can never go there BUT unfortunately I have a gut feeling that what your saying is the NORM at a lot of hospitals..<3

I wish I could say in a serious tone.. Where do you work so I can never go there BUT unfortunately I have a gut feeling that what your saying is the NORM at a lot of hospitals..<3
I would imagine they are representative of middle-aged nurses as a whole, but these people still do their job very well;)

Yup. I know the score. My SIL was a nurse. WAS because she was caught stealing meds. Went on probation for a year, got her license back; two years later she's losing it again due to a domestic violence situation. So now she drinks to excess. At least she's not nursing anybody anymore. Funny, now I'm the one nursing her, helping her thru a divorce and all her other attendant problems. Meh.

Damn those 24 hour shifts..... I live in a small town area. The nurses took both my babies so I could sleep...it was sweet because they would come in and call them by name, hold them and cuddle them while sitting on the bed with me. I can't imagine how terrible it would have been if they had dropped one of my boys. This is so sad. I feel bad for all of them. One nurse even came in just to kiss my Miles good bye. Labor and delivery nurses are amazing.

Nurses are fucking batshit, no doubt about it.

The doc dropped me right out of the gate. I just came out too damn fast. One and only time i didn't last too long inside some poon.

I'm telling ya, that nurse had to jump through hoops of fire and have a squeaky clean file, personal life, and reputation for the hospital to back her. When shit like this happens, Joint Commission and DHH get involved. That hospital and that nurse have been thoroughly investigated under a microscope since this went down.

She deserves to keep her job. Accidents happen. Did you know that statistically they say one in every five patients in a hospital will die or be significantly affected by a medication error?

Latest posts

Back