• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
A woman stabbed a suspected paedophile to death in east London before handing herself into police, a court has heard.

Sarah Sands, 32, killed her 77-year-old neighbour Michael Pleasted weeks after finding out he allegedly abused three boys, the Old Bailey was told.

She told police that Mr Pleasted, who had been charged with sexual assaults on two children aged under 13, had been "asking for trouble".

He was killed in his Canning Town flat on 28 November. Ms Sands denies murder.

Mr Pleasted, who was stabbed eight times, had been on bail awaiting trial. Police were also investigating an allegation he had abused a third boy.

Ms Sands had befriended the pensioner who was a familiar local figure and ran a bric-a-brac shop from a Mace convenience store, the court heard.

She used to visit him at his flat and bring him meals before she became aware of the abuse allegations.

She later said in a statement that she denied intending to kill Mr Pleasted or cause him serious bodily harm, claiming she went to confront him and took a knife for protection as she was scared.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-33258866

IF, big IF here, the allegations are correct then I'm pretty much a-ok with what she did.

Again, IF.

She later said in a statement that she denied intending to kill Mr Pleasted or cause him serious bodily harm, claiming she went to confront him and took a knife for protection as she was scared.

If you're not intending to use it then don't bring it, and if you're so scared to confront him you need to bring a knife, you should stay at home where you're safe. I'm okay with what she did too if he's a pedophile, but it was still unnecessary and I really think she went over to kill because she thought he tricked her into thinking he was such a good guy, the reason why she was being nice to him to start with.

She should shut the fuck up....His actions, her actions....all speak to what happened here. no need to say a word. She said in her statement....she's screwed now.

Mum who stabbed alleged paedophile to death 'told police "I took care of it

PAY-Police-carry-out-door-to-door-inquiries-near-where-Mike-Pleasted-was-stabbed.jpg

Crime scene: Police carry out door to door inquiries near where Mike Pleasted was stabbed to death in London
A woman told police she “took care” of an alleged paedophile pensioner on her estate after knifing him to death, a court heard today.

Mum of five Sarah Sands, 32, confronted Michael Pleasted, 77, in his home after downing two bottles of wine and a bottle of brandy, stabbing him eight times.

Mr Pleasted, who was accused of sexually assaulting two boys, bled to death and officers found him in his hallway with the front door open.

One wound had severed the main vessels in his arm.

Jonathan Rees QC, prosecuting, said Sands “took the law into her own hands” and carried out a “determined and sustained attack” last November.

He said CCTV from the estate, by London City Airport, East London, showed Sands go into Mr Pleasted’s block and into his flat.

She left 20 minutes later with a knife in her hand, Mr Rees said, and reportedly told a neighbour: “Pretend you never saw me.”

Mr Rees said Sands was at her stepson’s after the attack, at 10pm, when she revealed what she had done.

The court heard she was convinced to hand herself in and at 4am told officers: “I took care of it. I stabbed him.”

Referring to Mr Pleasted as “the devil”, she said in an interview, “Who houses a paedophile on an estate? He was asking for trouble,” the jury was told.

The court heard she said Mr Pleasted had seemed harmless at first, then added: “He’s f****** harmless now, ain’t he?”

Mr Pleasted had been due to stand trial on the sexual assault charges this month.

Sands, of Silvertown, admits killing him but denies murder.

The case at the Old Bailey continues.

Personally I think they should throw the book at her.

Not only did she jump the gun and assume he was guilty, he hadn't even been to trial yet, she took any chance the alleged victims had at holding anyone accountable away. You can't try a dead person. They will never have anyone acknowledge they were the victim of a crime, never mind having someone brought to justice. She also callously threw away her own 5 children's chances at ever having a normal life (I doubt life with her was normal by any means anyways). They will forever be known as the children of a murderer. That is not an easy stigmatism to over come.

Murder Charges Dropped for Woman Who Stabbed Serial Pedophile to Death

sarah-sands-591x400.jpg

Sarah Sands, 32 - Source
A woman from the United Kingdom has been cleared of murdering a convicted pedophile after she told the court that “somebody had to protect people.”

A jury found Sarah Sands, 32, not guilty of murder, but guilty of manslaughter due to loss of control. Sands stabbed and killed pedophile Michael Pleasted during a drunken confrontation at his home last year, according to Mirror.

Pleasted, 77, had a sexual abuse record dating back to the 1970s. By 1991, the pedophile had been convicted of 24 sexual offenses, all involving children. The longest sentence he received in that time span was six years.

Pleasted was recently charged with two more sexual abuse charges before he died. After being granted bail, he returned home as he awaited his hearing.

Sands, who felt authorities were inadequately protecting the public from Pleasted, decided to act. On November 28, Sands drunkenly confronted Pleasted. Following an argument, Sands stabbed the man and then ran.

Authorities say Pleasted bled to death in the hallway after suffering eight knife wounds. Sands turned herself in the following day and confessed to the crime.

“Who houses a f** pedophile on an estate, like seriously? He was asking for trouble,” she told police.

“I did it all by myself… somebody had to protect people, somebody had to do something.”

Sands will be sentenced in September.

leasted, 77, had a sexual abuse record dating back to the 1970s. By 1991, the pedophile had been convicted of 24 sexual offenses, all involving children.
Well then, I consider what she did to be a public service and she should be let go with a stern warning that she shouldn't kill anymore.

That seems like a fitting punishment for her and death was obviously perfect for him since he wouldn't stop molesting children any other way.

Well then, I consider what she did to be a public service and she should be let go with a stern warning that she shouldn't kill anymore.

That seems like a fitting punishment for her and death was obviously perfect for him since he wouldn't stop molesting children any other way.

I'd be on board except that she did not know his history, she only knew of his recent troubles. She acted rashly and on drunken impulse. I wouldn't want her being around my kids anymore then I'd want him being around my kids. It's one thing to act on impulse in the midst of catching someone molesting a child, it's another to go into someones house with the intent to kill them weeks after you hear of what they have allegedly done. That's murder..not vigilantism and makes her just as low on the rung of society.

Still ain't right. She needs to let the police deal with it.

There have been situations where people were accused of being pedophiles and were killed because of it--and turned out to be innocent. If you want such a story, read up on Bijan Ebrahimi, who was burned to death because his neighbors thought he was a pedophile. Turns out he was taking pictures of teenage vandals destroying his flower garden.

Situations like that are why we arrest and try people instead of resorting to vigilanteism.

Well I have mixed feeling its only like 2015 and the police haven't done much since the 70's. Guess I should feel bad about wanting to provide her a standing ovation and maybe send her some wine infused cookies.

A woman has been sentenced to three-and-a-half years in prison for killing a man charged with sexually assaulting young boys on the east London estate where they lived.

Sarah Sands, 32, was found guilty of the manslaughter of Michael Pleasted, 77, by reason of loss of control.

Judge Nicholas Cooke QC said it was a "truly exceptional case" as he reduced her sentence from seven years to three-and-a-half, taking into consideration her position as a single mother.

Sands, who was cleared of murder, had armed herself with a knife and carried out a "determined and sustained attack" on Pleasted at his flat in Canning Town, the court heard.

Pleasted, who also went by the name of Robin Moult, had 24 previous convictions for sexual offences spanning three decades.

He served sentences of between nine months and six years for sex crimes that included indecent assaults on a boys aged under 16 and under 14.

However, he was not on the sex offenders register as he committed his offences before it was introduced in 1997.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-34390935

I am confused. Did he molest one of her own children? If he molested one of my kids I would kill him on the spot.

I am confused. Did he molest one of her own children? If he molested one of my kids I would kill him on the spot.

No, they were not her own children.

The article goes into some detail about why what she did was not vigilantism. I didn't want to copy it all, because it might get the site into trouble, but it was hard to quote any part of the explanation without the context without giving the wrong impression...... (in other words, go read at the link!)

Pleasted, who also went by the name of Robin Moult, had 24 previous convictions for sexual offences spanning three decades

Judge Nicholas Cooke QC said it was a "truly exceptional case" as he reduced her sentence from seven years to three-and-a-half

She is a walking talking martyr in my book. So much dirty work to do and this girl rolls up her sleeves and does it. Good for her!!

Seems to me the only people who would be in danger if she is released is pedophiles. I'm okay with that.

Private justice is one step from mob rule. We have a system to deal with perps; it works, and we have to abide by the laws, no matter how horrified, angry and disgusted we are. Taking the law into our hands is dangerous for all of us.
Not a popular position, I know.

We have a system to deal with perps; it works

Not always... (first thing... this is in the UK, not the US)

I have a real moral dilema with this issue. I am happy this bastard will not be able to harm another child, but I agree that it is a slippery slope to "mob rule", as you said.

Pleasted, 77, had a sexual abuse record dating back to the 1970s. By 1991, the pedophile had been convicted of 24 sexual offenses, all involving children. The longest sentence he received in that time span was six years.
Pleasted was recently charged with two more sexual abuse charges before he died. After being granted bail, he returned home as he awaited his hearing.

If it "works", this fucker would never have seen the light of day. Their system FAILED at least 25 times in this instance.

erac, I understand; I'd like to beat them with a nail-studded baseball bat! But I think our justice system works more often than not; however, we should lobby for stricter sentences. I think LWOP should be the sentence for anyone convicted of child sexual abuse.

I don't think pedos can be "cured", I don't think they should be allowed to walk free after a few years in prison. Yes, yes, the cost of incarceration would be prohibitive, but they wouldn't be out and about to continue their nastiness.

I love my country, I respect her laws and I abide by them. Even the stupid laws.

Seems to me the only people who would be in danger if she is released is pedophiles. I'm okay with that.

From the description it would also only be paedophiles who smirk when she goes to talk to them about doing the right thing and sparing the latest victims the having to talk about their abuse in court.......

Private justice is one step from mob rule. We have a system to deal with perps; it works, and we have to abide by the laws, no matter how horrified, angry and disgusted we are. Taking the law into our hands is dangerous for all of us.
Not a popular position, I know.

With 24 prior convictions the only thing this system is protecting is the peadophile. And lots of people are fed up.

Back