• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://news.yahoo.com/colorado-couple-charged-starving-six-old-daughter-213656763.html

Jason Barton, 40, and Katherine Barton, 36, were arrested by sheriff's deputies after taking the girl to a local hospital, the district attorney's office for Jefferson and Gilpin Counties said in a statement.

"On admission, her weight was 25 pounds, which would be appropriate for a normal two-year-old," the statement said. "Medical experts reportedly believed that her low weight was consistent with an insufficient diet despite plentiful food in the family home."

According to an affidavit from an investigator, the couple told staff at the Children's Hospital Colorado in Aurora, a Denver suburb, that their daughter was "out of control," and that they had to keep locks on the pantry and refrigerator doors because she would not stop eating.

The affidavit said Jason Barton later told police that the couple punished their daughter when she misbehaved by making her walk "laps" of their driveway in Evergreen, about 20 miles southwest of Denver.

A witness, whose name was redacted in the investigator's report, told police he had seen the girl crying as she ran up and down outside the home, and that he heard her father tell the child: "This is because you are stealing food."

Hospital staff likened the girl's appearance on admission to that of a concentration camp victim, the affidavit said.

She was taken into the custody of Jefferson County Human Services.

The Bartons have posted bail bonds of $25,000 each, prosecutors said in their statement, and are due back in court for a preliminary hearing on July 21.

It was not immediately clear if they have an attorney.

Last edited:
From your link:
A 6-year-old weighing 25lbs? What a crock of shit.
Jason Barton, 40, and Katherine Barton, 36, were arrested by sheriff's deputies after taking the girl to a local hospital, the district attorney's office for Jefferson and Gilpin Counties said in a statement.

"On admission, her weight was 25 pounds, which would be appropriate for a normal two-year-old," the statement said. "Medical experts reportedly believed that her low weight was consistent with an insufficient diet despite plentiful food in the family home."

According to an affidavit from an investigator, the couple told staff at the Children's Hospital Colorado in Aurora, a Denver suburb, that their daughter was "out of control," and that they had to keep locks on the pantry and refrigerator doors because she would not stop eating.

There was also something about the kid getting yelled at for stealing food. Awesome parents here.

I agree my oldest was 19 lbs at 12 months!

But all of us agree that all our babies were bigger than this poor child at 6. Even my little one was bigger at 6 than she is. These parents weren't punishing her for being out of control, they are just assholes!

My youngest was 68 pounds at age 6! Thats more then twice this poor girls weight! And stealing food? Come on! What was she some bum you were lettin surf your couch? No she was your DAUGHTER you fuckin asses! God i hate humanity!

I just saw this air on my local news... yep this one is in my neck of the woods again. What utter dicks. I don't want to even picture that girl sobbing as she did laps. :sorry:

Evergreen is actually quite a nice area with plenty of expensive homes and littered with golf courses (it's a gorgeous mountain town), but also - allegedly - rife with drug use... especially coke or meth as I've been told by those supposedly in the know.

It's only about 20 mins from Denver and one of the first mountain towns you hit as you drive up into the Rockies toward places like Breckenridge (my former residence) and Vail. Anyway, despite being nice, there are of course always going to be some scumbags scattered around in ANY town, rich scumbags or not, but I will be curious to find out if drug use was a factor with these two slugs.

Here's some pics if anyone is curious:

ridge_view3.jpg

picture_uh_42ce38db2afe3255c65ff284315_ps_8b774f.jpg

Homes like this are pretty standard fare, though there are also some more middle class neighborhoods and definitely a dilapidated cabin here and there. ;)

Regardless of the charm of the town and the fact you don't hear of many negative news stories from it, these two slime suckers really take the cake. Apparently literally. Heartbreaking!

Last edited:
What the hell is with all these people starving their children?? It seems like that is happening more and more now. So sad! And as for anyone who didn't report the underweight child sobbing as she ran laps in the driveway while getting yelled at for "stealing food" should be charged too. You ignore this happening then you deserve to be punished as well. I wonder what visitors to the house thought of the locks on the pantry and refrigerator?

I hope beyond all hope they never get her back.

But these two will do a wild dance around the wide step and lead CPS on-- and they'll give that poor child back to these vampires to suck the life out of that abused little girl.

heard her father tell the child: "This is because you are stealing food."

That's because she was hungry!! OMG FFS! I hate hearing these kind of stories where the little ones are starved. Honestly, the parents should have to suffer the same fate at their daughter. Sorry, little lady, that your parents suck. I hope you are able to be placed with a loving, kind family.

It gets better worse. Mom enjoyed taunting the girl, in the hospital no less!

Threats have been made against the Evergreen couple accused of starving their six-year-old daughter, law enforcement sources....

The girl “was not allowed to have any birthday cake while the other children were allowed to eat cake,” according to the affidavit...

The report goes on to state medical staff observing the mom, “Katie was drinking chocolate milk in front of the 6-year old and apparently ‘taunted’ her by showing her the full carton of milk and then drinking it.”

The affidavit also states the girl was forced to sleep in a sleeping bag in her parent’s bathroom. At one point her father admitted to detectives that he and his wife were quote “jackasses” for denying their daughter food.
http://kwgn.com/2015/06/29/threats-have-been-made-against-evergreen-parents-accused-of-child-abuse/

Last edited:
"This is because you are stealing food."

How the fuck do you "steal" food in your own fucking house? What assholes - especially that cunt mom, taunting her daughter as she did.

I hope these fucks end up in jail for awhile. Let them enjoy the food there.

Because that stupid cunt also stood over her starving child in the hospital and told her she was full and stole her food. Oh. And made her do jumping jacks before letting her eat.

Good. Fucking. Lord.

My granddaughter told me just 4 days ago, "Nanny, I don't like to eat." I have heard this periodically since she was able to verbalize it. She is a sweet darling who happens to have autism. The sensory processing disorder that goes along with autism makes her not like eating. The feel of the food in her mouth, on her tongue is at times just too much for her. She weighs 45 pounds at 5 years old!! Her brother who has the same issues plus more will be 2 years old next month. He weighs 25 pounds and I worry sick about his weight! He is so very thin that he has to have suspenders on his pants because otherwise they will fall off his waist. I don't think I'd be able to function if I had a 6 year old at 25 pounds. How in the hell do you have a child that sickly thin and NOT allow them to eat whatever the fuck they want????!!! Please send that baby girl to someone who will love on her.

Because that stupid cunt also stood over her starving child in the hospital and told her she was full and stole her food. Oh. And made her do jumping jacks before letting her eat.
I truly can't comprehend depriving any child, let alone my own, of one of the most basic and fundamental necessities of life... and all the while taunt them. It boggles my mind!

Who the fucking fuck, can look at ANY hungry child and not race off to feed them?!

Fucking "Parents" Jesus. This poor baby was fucking tortured. She was literally starving to death! I cannot imagine the fear she felt, or the horror she endured, while running laps in the driveway- probably as Mr n Mrs McDouchy sat around the table either smoking meth or eating the poor babies food- taunting her with it.. :rage:

Nor can i imagine her thinking "Why just me? Why can they eat, but i can't?"

It is FUCKING ATROCIOUS that this poor baby was outcast at the dinner table (and breakfast/ lunch/ snacks as well...) I cannot imagine how it mentally/ emotionally fucks a child (AND their siblings) up to not only be deprived of a basic human need, but to watch your siblings not be. OR to be the ones not being deprived, only to wonder why she CANT eat too. I cant imagine my sister being hungry and our parents only feeding me... while i try and sneak food to her- knowing if I get caught they would probably never feed me again either.

It fucken SHATTERS my heart! While her poor tummy is growling, and she is plotting her next attempt at stealing something to stop the rumbling in her belly (while fearing a punishment, that her poor little body is too weak to endure) she probably sees these fuckwads she had for parents feeding her siblings and just cant understand why they don't love her too. :bigtears:

Oh I'm not a fan of cooking, but this story makes me want to cook all sorts of delicious food for this poor baby and her siblings. So they could all eat together. At a table. Like normal fucking people do... Jesus!

@SimplySpaztastic I agree with 100% of what you said. I wish I could also rate you awesome response, show the love, like, and a big thanks. But can't ...so I just gave you the agree. Just thought I'd tell you tho. . .<3:kiss:

@SimplySpaztastic I agree with 100% of what you said. I wish I could also rate you awesome response, show the love, like, and a big thanks. But can't ...so I just gave you the agree. Just thought I'd tell you tho. . .<3:kiss:
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Awwweee thanks! This shit makes me sick. To think of this poor baby. And her siblings. Just cuz they were fed, doesn't mean that this isn't abusing them too. It surpasses extreme emotional and mental abuse to all 3 of the kids! Fuck.
I pray that they are all together in a loving home, with talk of the day at the table over dinner. Every night. Because wondering if you will need to steal food- from a locked fridge- to eat, is something NO child should EVER think about. :bigtears: WAAAHHHHHHH

Threats have been made against the Evergreen couple accused of starving their six-year-old daughter, law enforcement sources....
Aww, poor babies. I feel so bad that they are feeling fear and discomfort and being threatened.

I do, I really feel bad. Bad because people are just threatening and no actually following through.:devil: Well, there's still time for that now isn't there?

Aww, poor babies. I feel so bad that they are feeling fear and discomfort and being threatened.

I do, I really feel bad. Bad because people are just threatening and no actually following through.:devil: Well, there's still time for that now isn't there?

Makes me wanna drive right the fuck over there and beat the living shit out of them. And, yes, I'd pick you up on the way so you could help. :)

I really want to starve these monsters and then taunt them with freshly made pizza, rotisserie chicken and anything else that makes a delicious smell while being cooked. These articles make me RAGE! Starvation doesn't just affect growth, it affects the brains development and that can be irreversible.

How wicked, base and evil. Prolonged starvation causes the body to feed upon itself as fat stores and muscle mass break down and are used for energy. All movement becomes painful due to muscle atrophy, damage to major organs and cracked skin. Where she found the energy to do laps on the driveway I can't fathom.

Back