• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
xpndcl.jpg
Authorities in Alaska are on the hunt for a man, his girlfriend and her two children who vanished without a trace late last month and haven't been seen since.

Brandon Jividen, 37, his girlfriend Rebecca Adams, 22, and her two young daughters were last seen at the apartment they shared in Kenai on May 27,
[...]
Kenai is a city in southern Alaska, some three hours south of Anchorage.

Authorities said the couple left behind both of their cars, as well as collection of camping and outdoor gear,
[....]
The couple's dog was also missing,
[...]
The FBI as well as teams from two search and rescue dog operations joined the Kenai police and Alaska State Troopers in the search on Sunday.

Helicopter crews were also involved in the search, which on Monday focused on wooded areas around the southern peninsula's western edge.

"We are still very hopefully of having a happy ending," Kenai Police Chief Gus Sandahl said at a press conference Monday. "Our officers have been working diligently to locate the family."

Jividen is 6 feet tall with brown hair and eyes. Adams is 5-foot-4 with light brown hair. Her children are Michelle, 5, and Jaracca, 3.

Lanell Adams
[...]
her sister's disappearance left her baffled and a bit worried.

They last spoke over Memorial Day, and Rebecca didn't sound like herself
[...]
"She sounded very distressed," Adams told
[...]
"She just told me, 'Know that I love you,' and she had to get off the phone very quickly."

Adams said she's tried calling her sister "dozens of times," but her phone was either turned off or dead.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...alaska-family-article-1.1824000#ixzz34HujMq60

A Kenai family of four with two children has been missing for more than a week, and there are no indications of where they have gone
[...]
The missing family includes Brandon Jividen, 37, his girlfriend Rebecca Adams, 22, and Adams' two daughters, 5-year-old Michelle Hundley and 3-year-old Jaracca Hundley,
[,...]
Relatives of Adams said the family left behind both of their cars, all of their camping and outdoor gear and the car seats for Adams' daughters. The family's dog is also missing. They add that the cell phones of Jividen and Adams are turned off.

"I've called dozens of times," said Lanell Adams, who flew to Alaska from Washington state to look for her sister
[..]
Adams said the last contact she had with her sister was distressing. The two women talked on the phone on Memorial Day weekend.

"She sounded very distressed
[....]
"She just told me: 'Know that I love you,' and she had to get off the phone very quickly."

Lanell Adams said Rebecca Adams would not tell her what was wrong.

"Growing up we always had this thing . we say 'Thou shall not lie' and you always have to tell the truth," Lanell Adams said. "I asked her, 'Thou shall not lie, Becca, are you ok?' She said, 'Don't ask me that right now. Just know that I love you.'"

Kenai Police Sergeant Scott McBride said the missing persons report is being investigated.

At this point evidence and testimony is still being gathered by the Kenai Police Department
[...]
The family's relatives and landlord said it was very out of character for the family to be gone for that period of time, without notification.

It's possible the family just went out of town, and the KPD is looking into it to reassure relatives, McBride said.

For now, the family is trying to spread the word about the missing family via Facebook and by putting fliers up around the central Kenai Peninsula.
http://www.adn.com/2014/06/08/3507781/relatives-kenai-family-of-4-missing.html#storylink=cpy

Maybe he's one of those whack-a-doo survivalist, doomsday nutballs and they are all safe. Mayeb she sounded distressed because she didn't want to leave her extended family and friends behind but is "under his spell" and not because her and her daughter are in danger. And maybe, I'm seriously grasping at straws because I don't want to think of the ugly alternatives.:(

Alaskan authorities renew search for missing family of four
With winter on the way, searchers step up efforts to find two adults and two children. The family disappeared in May, along with their dog.
2jciu84.jpg

With winter coming, Alaskan searchers are combing wooded areas, looking for a family missing since May. Pictured from top left are Brandon Jividen, Rebecca Adams, Michelle Hundley, Jaracca Hundley and Sparks, the family dog.​
Racing against the advent of winter and snow, Alaskan officials have boosted their efforts to find a family of four who vanished
[...]
with their dog.

Police in the southern town of Kenai, aided by the members of the FBI, the Alaska State Troopers and civilian volunteers, combed the woods near the Wildwood Correctional Complex. A piece of "outerwear" was found, and authorities are trying to determine who it belongs to
[...]
Investigators have no leads in the mysterious disappearance of Brandon Jividen, 37, his girlfriend, Rebecca Adams, 22, and her children, 5-year-old Michelle Hundley and 3-year-old Jaracca Hundley. The family dog, named Sparks, is also missing.
[...]
searchers, who picked through the wooded area last week, are going back out on Thursday.

"We want to get that search in before it snows," Kenai Police Chief Gus Sandahl said
[...]
"We don't know what happened to them,"
[....]
"The longer we go on with no sign of them, the greater concern … we have."

The two adults and two children were last seen at their Kenai apartment in May.

Adams' sister, Lanell Adams, said she last spoke with her on Memorial Day, and she did not sound like her usual self. "She sounded very distressed. She just told me, 'Know that I love you,' and she had to get off the phone very quickly," Lanell Adams said shortly after the disappearances.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...efforts-find-missing-family-article-1.1991979

I don't like the fact the dogs missing... I know people are involved and children but the dog part really made my heart drop into my stomach...

Human remains have been found along an Alaskan trail less than two miles from the home of a family of four who disappeared without a trace last May.
Brandon Jividen, 38, his girlfriend Rebecca Adams, 23, her two children Michelle, 6, and three-year-old Jarraca and their dog Sparks have not been seen for 10 months, prompting massive police searches with help from the FBI.
Now police in the Alaskan town of Kenai, are connecting the discovery of the remains and items of clothing with the family's disappearance.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rance-family-four-vanished-without-trace.html

Kenai police Lt. Dave Ross said Monday the bodies haven't been identified by a coroner, but police have every indication it's the missing family.

'The clothes, the remains, the handgun all appear to match the missing family,' Ross told KTUU.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3008427/Alaska-murder-suicide-Dog-family-missing-nearly-year-handgun-remains-mother-boyfriend-daughters-police-reveal-no-outside-party-likely-blame.html#ixzz3VQ1NcJtb
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Article from June 3, 2015

The Kenai Police Department has released additional details on the discovery of a missing family of four’s bodies in March, saying they appear to have died in a murder-suicide committed by Brandon Jividen.

Police said Wednesday that they were making the statement to offer locals a resolution after 37-year-old Jividen, 37, his 22-year-old girlfriend Rebecca Adams, Adams’ 5-year-old and 3-year-old children Michelle and Jaracca Hundley, and the family dog Sparks were all found fatally shot about 15 yards off a vehicle trail near Alpine Drive.

According to KPD, all four members of the family died from gunshot wounds, with five spent shell casings found at the scene. The deaths of Adams and the Hundley children were ruled homicides, while Jividen’s death was ruled a suicide.

Investigators also said that Jividen’s body, as well as that of the dog, were found roughly 13 feet from the family. Two guns were in close proximity to Jividen.

“Both guns had been purchased by Brandon Jividen, and investigators found holsters for both firearms on his remains,” police wrote. “Fired bullets were located at the scene, tending to confirm that to be the location of the crime.”

The statement offered no additional information on why Jividen would have shot his own family and then himself. A KPD dispatcher told Channel 2 Wednesday that Chief Gus Sandahl was unavailable for comment, but had said he would not be making any statements on the matter.

http://www.ktuu.com/news/news/kenai...ly-deaths-appear-to-be-murdersuicide/33378890

Less than 2 miles from home and 15 yards from a vehicle path........the search wasn't a very intense search after all.. . . .how sad. That damn bastard!! I have a hard time understanding what took so long for their bodies to be found.

Less than 2 miles from home and 15 yards from a vehicle path........the search wasn't a very intense search after all.. . . .how sad. That damn bastard!! I have a hard time understanding what took so long for their bodies to be found.
Kenai is a small town surrounded by vast forests (and coastline). Coming from a town similar and not far from it, I can say it's very easy to search and find no one. The vehicle path they refer to is probably nothing more then vehicle tracks through the trees. Tons of those little dirt roads that are never really used in places like this.

Kenai is a small town surrounded by vast forests (and coastline). Coming from a town similar and not far from it, I can say it's very easy to search and find no one. The vehicle path they refer to is probably nothing more then vehicle tracks through the trees. Tons of those little dirt roads that are never really used in places like this.

Regardless,
The FBI as well as teams from two search and rescue dog operations joined the Kenai police and Alaska State Troopers in the search on Sunday.

And they left both vehicles at home meaning they walked those 2 miles and 15 yards to get there assumably. So dogs should have picked up on that, right. It wasn't like just four peoples scents but another dogs too that those search dogs should have caught a wiff from......right? And it was before the snow came....so.....my statement stands. I'm having a hard time understanding why it took months for them to be found....decay also has a scent that should have been noticed since again this wasn't just one body but a family of bodies that should have been picked up on by at least the search dogs.....maybe jmo. . .

Regardless,

And they left both vehicles at home meaning they walked those 2 miles and 15 yards to get there assumably. So dogs should have picked up on that, right. It wasn't like just four peoples scents but another dogs too that those search dogs should have caught a wiff from......right? And it was before the snow came....so.....my statement stands. I'm having a hard time understanding why it took months for them to be found....decay also has a scent that should have been noticed since again this wasn't just one body but a family of bodies that should have been picked up on by at least the search dogs.....maybe jmo. . .
Rain and damp forest can make it hard for dogs to track. Forests are full of the smell of decay and other scents.

Recently there was an american film maker who came to our little town to make a documentary. He went for a hike and disappeared. Took them 5 months using helicopters, dogs, atv's and foot searchers to find him, not all that far from his vehicle.

These fucking murder-suicides really piss me off. When are these motherfuckers going to realize that people aren't possessions? Just kill yourself and leave others alone.

Back