• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
2iudyz4.jpg

An American woman was dragged to her death and another person seriously injured after being pulled through their car window by a lion in a safari park in South Africa.

The two tourists were reportedly travelling with their windows open when the lion got inside. The woman was killed and the driver critically injured at Gauteng Lion Park near Johannesberg.

The park's manager Scott Simpson said: 'We don't know exactly what happened, we do know that there was a car driving to the lion camp and the lion did come through the window and it did bite the lady. Unfortunately the ambulance arrived quite soon but the lady has passed away.'

It is believed that the lion jumped through the window, bit the woman, and a man was injured trying to pull the lion off, although the park is still trying to establish exactly what happened.

It's the third bug cat attack in the park in the Honeydew area of Johanessburg in four months, reports ENCA. An Australian tourist, Brendan Smith, from Perth, was attacked by a lion in in March and two days after that, a 13-year-old boy was attacked by a cheetah.

Mr Simpson said visitors to the park are warned not to leave their windows open to avoid incidents like the latest tragedy.

He told ENCA: 'We make it so clear. We put signage up everywhere that people must keep their windows closed. We hand them a slip of paper when they enter the park, I really don't understand why people think its okay to leave windows open,' he said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ndow-open-went-South-African-safari-park.html

People are stupid, they think the rules don't apply to them. Now they probably end up hunting down this lion for killing this stupid person. Most likely they had food, and had the windows open, big cat smells food (or food residue) and chomp.

I have to say that they do make it more than clear to leave your windows up. Stupid tourists think they always know better. This is the same game park where I got to bottle feed the 8 week old lion cub. They're very good about trying to maintain a safe environment for their guests.
Do u think they'll put that animal down for this?

US woman dragged to her death by a lion and another person seriously hurt after leaving their car window open as they went through South African safari park

The sign said:

danger.jpg
But she saw:
danger1.jpg

Lion.jpg

A soft 'Sierra' filter would really bring out the blood stains on my fangs- #ROAR! :cool:

• The tourist was dragged out of the window at the park near Johannesburg
  • It's believed the other person injured was a man who tried to save her
  • It's the third big cat attack on a tourist at the safari park in just four months
  • The park say they tell all visitors to keep windows closed but are ignored
  • Link

I would actually LOVE to go on an African safari someday!
But maybe not this one!

Here's a link to the Lion Park Website- on it they advertise "Super Close-Up Views, Guarenteed!" :wideyed:

Last edited:
I would actually LOVE to go on an African safari someday!
But maybe not this one!
Here's a link to the Lion Park Website- on it they advertise "Super Close-Up Views, Guarenteed!" :wideyed:

Why not this one? You would follow instructions, surely?

And they certainly deliver what they promise. :rolleyes:

Same reason you can't see bears at the trash dump in Yellowstone anymore; a few ignorant people ruined to for all

I'm embarrassed it was an American, but I'm sure we aren't the only stupid tourists. They wouldn't even need a sign in my case. Not that I would ever again go to one of those death traps. :nailbiting:

Those parks should probably just go ahead and spring for safari wagons and drivers. It would still be exciting and there would be someone to tell idiots to keep their heads and hands inside.

Was she in the driver's seat? Maybe the driver electronically opened her window. This could be a murder case, or a plot for a book.

Those parks should probably just go ahead and spring for safari wagons and drivers. It would still be exciting and there would be someone to tell idiots to keep their heads and hands inside.
They could just ban stupid people from going into the safari because you have got to be dumb as a box of fucking rocks if you put down your car windows in a safari, especially the lion exhibit in the safari.

I have had nightmares of a lion being in my house and me in a room trying to keep it from coming through the door, ive had the nightmare several times in my life. I dont think I would visit a park like that and if I did noway would my window be down and my doors would be locked!

I promise it's safe. We must have gone 15 times in the two years we're there. All six of us came back with all our parts intact. :hilarious:
I'm jealous! #1 on my dream bucket list would be to visit the Maasai Mara in Kenya- (My youngest & I watch 'Big Cat Diaries' every morning- there's nothing like enjoying a nice bowl of cereal while watching a pride of lions tear into a gazelle!)

It's home to all of Africa's greatest: Lions, leopards, cheetahs, elephants, zebra, giraffes, oh my! The reserve itself looks like a postcard, plus the beautiful Maasai people:
maasai.jpg

*sigh* Just gotta hit the lottery-- then I'm totally there!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...tays-open-for-business-as-usual-10291766.html

Lion who killed American woman in South Africa will not be put down as park stays open for 'business as usual'

Police were still on the scene at Lion Park in Johannesburg, where a nine-year-old lioness attacked a 22-year-old US tourist through her open car window. Investigators have reportedly seized the woman’s camera, and believe she was photographing the animal right up to the moment it struck.

Scott Simpson, assistant manager of the park, said that visitors on Tuesday had raised no concerns about the incident just one day earlier, and that the centre was “operating as ususal”.

“The park is not closed and it is not closing,” he said. “We have closed off where the incident happened, so those lions won't be seeing the public until we have had an investigation and we know what exactly happened.”
[....]

I'm jealous! #1 on my dream bucket list would be to visit the Maasai Mara in Kenya- (My youngest & I watch 'Big Cat Diaries' every morning- there's nothing like enjoying a nice bowl of cereal while watching a pride of lions tear into a gazelle!)

It's home to all of Africa's greatest: Lions, leopards, cheetahs, elephants, zebra, giraffes, oh my! The reserve itself looks like a postcard, plus the beautiful Maasai people:
maasai.jpg

*sigh* Just gotta hit the lottery-- then I'm totally there!!!

My husband spent months out there with the Maasai. If you ever get the opportunity to go, hit me up. He knows all sorts of things about their culture and the local wildlife.

Be sure to eat a mango out there. He swears they are still the best he has ever tasted in his life!

Back