• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Momzilla

Badass/PTA Mom
Father and stepmother charged after five-year-old girl dies weighing just 25 pounds and her sister, 3, is found malnourished
29308_AD200000578_3102614_image_a_26_143293874523.jpg

Mackenzie Maison

29308_ABA00000578_3102614_image_m_18_143293862174.jpg
29308_ABE00000578_3102614_image_a_19_143293862558.jpg

Hilery & Andrew Maison
  • Andrew and Hilery Maison have both been charged with murder, torture and child abuse
  • Authorities say Mackenzie Maison, 5, and her 3-year-old sister were found malnourished, dehydrated and abused
  • Mackenzie was found unresponsive Tuesday in a home in Port Huron and pronounced dead at a hospital
  • Her younger sister was being treated at the Children's Hospital of Michigan
  • A prosecutor said Mackenzie was 25 pounds at the time of her death, and was suffering from pneumonia and a genital infection
  • Her 3-year-old sister weighs 17 pounds
Prosecutors on Friday accused a father and stepmother of intentional, persistent abuse and neglect of two young girls, one dead and the other fighting for her life in a Detroit hospital.

Andrew and Hilery Maison were charged with murder, torture and child abuse after authorities say Mackenzie Maison, 5, and her 3-year-old sister were found malnourished, dehydrated and abused.

Mackenzie was found unresponsive Tuesday in a home in Port Huron and pronounced dead at a hospital. Her younger sister was being treated at the Children's Hospital of Michigan.
[...]

Mackenzie's mother Shelby Coffee ...'It was always excuses,' when she tried to visit her children. 'Too busy, working, they're not here. Too busy, working, they're not here.'

The five-year-old's grandfather Frank Hawkins ... 'I don't think this was an intentional starvation, whatever, it was not anything like that.

'My daughter is not malicious nor is my son-in-law.'

Bond was denied and not-gulity pleas entered during video arraignments for the Maisons, who were arrested Tuesday. Hilery Maison denied the charges and asked for an attorney. Andrew Maison also has no lawyer. The next hearing was set for June 9.

...quoted Hilery Maison as telling the judge 'I would like to fight with this, there is no truths in most of what was said.

'I've given the detectives everything, every detail of what happened that day, there was no intention on any of this.'

Assistant Prosecutor Mona Armstrong said Mackenzie was 25 pounds at the time of her death, and was suffering from pneumonia and a genital infection. Her 3-year-old sister weighs 17 pounds. A girl of 3 would normally be around 30 pounds and a girl of 5 years should be about 40 pounds, though that can vary based on height and other factors.

Armstrong described both girls as 'severely malnourished.'

Armstrong said two other children, aged 10 and 1, were placed in foster care and appeared to be healthy. She said they are believed to be Hilery Maison's biological children.

'There are two victims in this particular case,' Armstrong said. The girls were 'severely neglected' and denied food and nourishment over the course of 'weeks to months,' she said.

An autopsy was completed Thursday, but results haven't been made public. Medical examiners also are awaiting lab test results.
[...]
Wendling said there are many unanswered questions about the history of the girls' conditions but that evidence to be presented in court would show malicious intent.

'I think the facts will establish ... why two children (were) treated differently than the other two,' he said.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-death-malnourished-girl.html#ixzz3butbQftE

I can't wrap my mind around stories like this- How can a person be a loving parent & an evil step-parent at the same time? Step-momster took care of her own children, yet abused & tortured her step-children-- it boggles my mind!

It's so extra horrible when you see that the person has it in them to be a nurturing parent- and that they, for some awful reason, made a conscious choice to be evil to 2 innocent little girls!

Last edited:
The five-year-old's grandfather Frank Hawkins ... 'I don't think this was an intentional starvation, whatever, it was not anything like that.
Let me be the first to say: Hey Dad, FUCK YOU! Fuck you with a barbed wire wrapped bat.

You don't "forget" to feed children, that was intentional, there is no other way. You don't raise a child for 5 years and then just simply forget that child exists, there is intent there and they both need to die themselves.

I'd also love to hear how the "loving" grandfather explains the genital infection in a 5 year old LITTLE GIRL. On second thought, I probably don't want to hear his reasoning or excuses, they would only lead to another string of "fuck yous" from me.

Update on the 3yo sister:

Port Huron police: Sister of slain girl improving

The 3-year-old sister of a slain Port Huron girl is showing signs of improvement, according to officials.

Port Huron Public Safety Chief Michael Reaves said members of the police department have been visiting the girl in a Detroit hospital, bringing her gifts and toys.

Makayla Maison has been hospitalized since being found in her Port Huron home the evening of May 26, malnourished and in a life-threatening condition, according to officials.
[...]
The girls' father and stepmother — Andrew Maison, 25, and Hilery Maison, 27 — have been charged with open murder, two counts of torture and two counts of first-degree child abuse.

During their arraignment on Friday, Senior Assistant Prosecutor Mona Armstrong said the neglect was "purposeful, systematic." Armstrong said two other children found in the home, the biological offspring of Hilery Maison, did not show signs of neglect.

Reaves said Makayla has gained a pound since being hospitalized. She now weighs 18 pounds. An average 3-year-old girl weighs 32 pounds or more.
[...]
"To see the sole survivor now having a chance to get better, to learn how to intake food slowly, fluids, and to see her make progress in so many other different ways helps define why we do what we do — and candidly gives us hope — knowing that we can make a difference in someone's life even during a tragedy,"[...]

"Cases come and go, but some you don't let go of very easily — or ever for that matter — they are always in the back of your mind, ever present," he said. "This will be one of those cases ... That surviving little girl has made a big impression on the hearts of many people involved in this investigation — we will do our best to have her flourish in the future."
[...]
http://www.freep.com/story/news/2015/06/01/port-huron-neglect-makayla-maison/28310125/

Beyond comprehension.

Every adult failed these children.

I don't understand why bio mom didn't call the police when she was refused visitation.

"The five-year-old's grandfather Frank Hawkins ... 'I don't think this was an intentional starvation, whatever, it was not anything like that.

'My daughter is not malicious nor is my son-in-law.'"

Uh what the fuck?! The child weighed 25 fuckn lbs and is now dead. Yeah I think it was fuckn intentional. What a fuckn moron. I hate people that are so stupid like this.

That Grandfather is one enabling piece of shit. Or did he not ever see the babies til they were dead and almost dead. Or maybe he meant the other kids. The ones that were actually his by blood. Coz who the fuck cares about the babies from another bitch.
Bitches who do this shit are pathetic.

I guess the golden penis goes the other way too golden vag took precedence over his two children. I don't give a fuck bio mom had some shit going on that both her children were taken away and given to these two scums. She obviously didn't care enough to press for visitation or call the police so I blame her just as much. Those little girls starved and were abused/tortured for awhile which means mom just wasn't there and didn't care. Where was DCF someone had to place those children there? These are true scums of the earth. Treat her kids well starve the two that don't belong to her and he allowed it? Fucking horrendous!

If you look at her Facebook page you can see some pics from a May 10th camping trip, I'm really surprised its not the 3 year old who is dead. She looked like a holocaust victim. The 5 year old was thin but not looking like the younger one and a lot of pics of her eating, I almost wonder if she posted these on purpose to portray the child was eating before starving her to death, like maybe it was planned.

Um....my 10 month old weighs 23 lbs...my 3 year old weighs 35 lbs. The little one is a chunky butt, the older one is tall and slender but solid. It takes a real mother fuckin mother fucker face to starve a child.it's not quick, it's not done in a fit of rage, its not accidental....its systematic, strategic, DELIBERATE torture. These piece of mother fuckin dog shit, worm gut, puke chunk, asshole wrinkle, shit stain cock suckin LOW LIFE MOUTH BREATHIN COCKHOLES deserve to the old wire brush to the face then a nice glycerin salt scrub to follow. Oh this shit pisses me off. Day officiallt fuckin ruined.....RRRRAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR:rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:.....:(

I thought the 5 yr old looked skinny but that's not unusual. My niece is like that...skinny as a rail and barely eats and her younger sister is overweight. But the 3 yr old def looked sickly. I wonder when the last time these kids saw a doctor was? She had pneumonia..

Last edited:
Oh, what a cunt! And look at THIS shit:

Hilery Noel Maison
May 19 at 12:14am ·

I finally just watched the season finale of The Vampire Diaries and omg what a tear jerker!! I think my pregnancy hormones are out of control right now because I balled like an infant! That was the saddest episode by far..... I got to stop holding off on watching the season finale's of my shows..... Stupid hormones

Fucking piece of shit is pregnant!!!!

I don't know. Something is weird about all of this. Granted the 3-year-old is very frail looking. The 5-year-old is thin but not sickly looking, in my opinion. They all looked to be having a great time at the camping trip, and the girls birthday party. The genital infection is very concerning. Oh yeah, and the fact that she is dead! I just have a feeling there is a BIG chunk missing from this story. I will be watching it for sure.

Nice catch @badfish76 ! Can't believe she's pregnant!
Here's the ominous FB post from when she announced her pregnancy:

Hilery Noel MaisonThank you all, i look at it as god wont give me anything i cant handle and he really likes to put me to the test lol!! NO MORE GIRLS lol i want a boy, to many females up in here lol
April 23 at 9:39pm ·

:wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

I don't know. Something is weird about all of this. Granted the 3-year-old is very frail looking. The 5-year-old is thin but not sickly looking, in my opinion. They all looked to be having a great time at the camping trip, and the girls birthday party. ...

Right?! It's driving me crazy-- the prosecutor had this to say:
"Mackenzie suffered profound medical trauma as a result of neglect that showed weeks if not months of neglect and I'd would suggest purposeful withholding of nourishment as well as any medical attention she may have needed,"

But then we have the FB pics where they look OK- definitely not like they're at death's door?
This pic is from Hilery's FB- its a mobile upload from May 10th

11203050_1034361646591531_6379775282865461603_n.jpg

That is Mackenzie on the left & I believe that is 3yo Makayla on the right.

They look happy, they are EATING & DRINKING on MAY 10.
Yet, only 17 days later, on MAY 27, they are both MALNOURISHED, BRUISED & Mackenize is DEAD!
That is barely 'weeks' & def not 'months' of 'systematic abuse & with holding of food & water'
WTF is going on here?
???o_O???

Hilery Noel MaisonThank you all, i look at it as god wont give me anything i cant handle and he really likes to put me to the test lol!! NO MORE GIRLS lol i want a boy, to many females up in here lol

"Mackenzie suffered profound medical trauma as a result of neglect that showed weeks if not months of neglect and I'd would suggest purposeful withholding of nourishment as well as any medical attention she may have needed,"

But then we have the FB pics where they look OK- definitely not like they're at death's door?

Yet, only 17 days later, on MAY 27, they are both MALNOURISHED, BRUISED & Mackenize is DEAD!
That is barely 'weeks' & def not 'months' of 'systematic abuse & with holding of food & water'
WTF is going on here?
???o_O???
I have too agree with you I really didn't see anything alarming about the girls body weight.

WTF is going on here?
???o_O???
I have too agree with you I really didn't see anything alarming about the girls body weight.

I also wondered why days had past and the 3 year old had only gained 1 lb during that time. It sounds really stupid to even point that out when your weight can easily vary that much in a day. Usually in starvation cases the kids pack on the pounds quick. These kids were eating and looked happy from what I can tell.

I think that pic is of Mckenzie and maybe a 1 old sibling, you can see a pic if the 3 year old where she is sitting in a little chair and she is super skinny but I agree Mckenzie does not look like she is at deaths door. I do think it's so odd they looked happy and eating in these pics.

I am concerned about the genital infections mentioned.
Me too! Although if she wasn't being fed, she probably wasn't being bathed either and 3-5 year olds don't exactly wipe very well, so that could explain it...but I'm being WAY too optimistic tonight...

I think that pic is of Mckenzie and maybe a 1 old sibling, you can see a pic if the 3 year old where she is sitting in a little chair and she is super skinny but I agree Mckenzie does not look like she is at deaths door. I do think it's so odd they looked happy and eating in these pics.
I thought so too. There seems to be a lot of pictures of them around food. Maybe there was some sort of genetic condition that went undiagnosed? Maybe they were systematically poisoned? The three year old looks gaunt as fuck, but the five year old didn't appear too bad, but that was two weeks before she passed so who knows. I will definitely be following this one!

I think that pic is of Mckenzie and maybe a 1 old sibling, you can see a pic if the 3 year old where she is sitting in a little chair and she is super skinny ...
I think you're right & omg she really is super frail looking! Not too many pics of her I noticed, def more of Mackenzie & the 1yo. Not great pics but you can really see how thin Makayla's arms & legs are! (I cropped the other kids out of these photos btw) She looks sad to me!

11206135_1034360849924944_6236105562442624457_n.jpg
10660289_1034360969924932_7207214685467771351_n.jpg

link to orignial pics on FB

Last edited:
Yes momzilla those are the pics, it's very obvious this baby is sick, even if the other family members thought she just didn't want to eat they should have insisted she be seen by a doctor, I know if I saw this child in my family I'd be driving them myself!

The girl in the picnic photos is the youngest, and she is obviously much older than the youngest child in the healthy-looking pictures. I think that must have been an old picture. In the picnic photos, the youngest looks ready to die. If the oldest was malnourished and weakened from it, I can imagine it would not take much to drive her right over the edge. Two weeks is not necessarily enough time to starve a normal person to death, but it is enough time to starve an already malnourished person to death. That's not even counting the infections, either of which could easily kill a child within 2 weeks if untreated. Without enough food, what resources would she have to fight the infection with?

This could very easily been old pictures. Especially if the girls' health was failing - it would have made perfect sense for her to start posting old pictures of them looking happy and healthy. Every picture they have of them looking "healthy" (although that little one looks pretty frail) could have been old.

This could very easily been old pictures. Especially if the girls' health was failing - it would have made perfect sense for her to start posting old pictures of them looking happy and healthy.

They are old pics. Look at the age of the boy in the picture, he looks maybe 6 or 7, not 10.

Idk, I don't think the pics are old- I think they really are from May 10th 2015- And I'm pretty sure the older boy in the pics is her nephew (per her FB acct) The other kids pics match up with their current ages- even the pic of Mackenzie that the media used can be found a few days before the camping trip on her FB. Plus there are a bunch of comments about the camping trip from her friends & family.
am1.png

But then, I also found Hilery's Twitter acct & there is a pic of Mackenzie on there from May 1st- and in THAT pic she does look skinny as hell!
CD9_WIEVIAMWuj_Q_jpg_thumb.jpg

(Ironically, Hilery tweeted the pic to win some candy contest- so the poor skinny little girl is holding CHOCOLATES- that I doubt she got to eat!)

Take a look at her FB & her Twitter & see what you guys think?:shrug:

Btw, Hilery & Andrew will both be in court tomorrow morning for their preliminary hearings. I'll keep updating as this case develops.

Way too skinny, little stick girl, who saw her and didn't say anything about how skinny she is? I've seen small kids, my own son was small for his age, but he was NOT skinny, he had muscles and a chubby little face, just small stature. She is skin and bones!

Yeah just kidding I was probably wrong about the pictures being old.

I think it's really weird that the girl that died is shown on fb eating food. It's like the stepmom wanted to prove she fed her. Poor girls :(

Back