• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Nell

Unending melancholy
Bold Member!
I wrote this....

http://www.cracked.com/personal-experiences-1630-abortion-request-5-facts-life-as-surrogate-mom.html

It did not have that title.

It's caused me annoyance since it came out. And since i keep bitching about it, and having to repeat myself in shout, I thought I would start a thread to contain it here.

Clickbait titles are a a great way to up your clicks. But it's Shitty for the person reading the comments, when the last thing you wanted to do is debate abortion. Talk about a dead horse.

Also it wasn't abortion I was even talking about. It was selective reduction, but who would click on that, ammirite? :shifty:

I have very little knowledge of how surrogacy works, and all of the legalities.

I view surrogacy as a beautiful wonderful thing. I wish that I was mentally capable of giving someone else such a priceless gift. When Mini was born and i couldn't seem to put him down, or quit marveling at the amazingness I had created, I thought about it. Thought about it very hard, as a very dear friend and her hubby had spent their savings and then some trying to conceive. They ended up adopting not one but two. To have their own two shortly after.

May I ask what you titled it?

I'm having your baby: 5 facts you didn't know about surrogacy.

And i either have fat fingers or a janky phone. OR a little of both. But the dislike was a total mistake. Fixed it but dammit. I love your title more than i hate that editor.

Wow. Ya, I would be pissed about that huge of a change too. Personal experiences...blah blah blah wouldn't have caught my attention as something I would wanna read personally. But, I'm having your baby, definetly an eye catcher. Props to you either way Nell. Its awesome what you do for others. Personally I don't think I ever could. Not for keeps especially. Lol. Just for a few moments I could hand over the baby I created, then give em back to me....they're mine. Lol. Much <3.

I was gonna give up my daughter.
Here's the story.
My twin has had what doctors diagnosed as ovarian cysts since we were in the fourth grade. She was told then that she would never be able to birth a child. That's when I promised her my first born if she wanted a baby at that time if I had ever got pregnant. So since we were 10 basically I had told her this would be the way we would let her be a mom someday too.
Fast forward 11 years and I'm pregnant. Before finding out the sex or anything she had the choice to be pregnant with me. Quit smoking and everything like I had to and be healthier etc etc. She decided she wasn't ready. Thank Gods cause I had already fallen in love with the little booger growing in me.
She had the chance to change her mind for the first trimester.
But shes mine. After her birth I know there would have been no way I could do it.
Thankfully 11 months later my twin was pregnant with her son. Yay! She don't have ovarian cysts obviously. I'm thinking she too, like me, has tumors. She won't go get a second opinion out of fear. She seen how my tumors put an abrupt pause on my life and she's not ready for that either. Go figure. Lol
Anyways, Nell, thanks to women like you women like me don't need to give up our babies when you don't mind it so much. Your heart is obviously much larger than mine and less selfish. So, Thank you. <3<3:

Last edited:
My gf is the surrogate, not me. But she is a fucking awesome, awesome person. And I pass.on the love.

Love your writing style. Very interesting article- your title would have been much, much better and eye catching. Doesn't the editor want people to read what he publishes?

Love your writing style. Very interesting article- your title would have been much, much better and eye catching. Doesn't the editor want people to read what he publishes?

The title guy just wants clicks. Abortion on demand is very clickable.

And thank you. <3

I think the editor likes the "firefights" that the subject of abortion will bring about. Online fights keep the fighters coming back, over & over.

She don't have ovarian cysts obviously. I'm thinking she too, like me, has tumors. She won't go get a second opinion out of fear.

Not on topic but it can be cysts. There are about 5 common types of ovarian cysts. It isn't the cysts themselves that can make you infertile. Both my mom and daughter have them (somehow that skipped me so far *knocks on wood*). My mom has 4 bio children. It's the scar tissue build up that can make becoming pregnant more difficult. Cysts will burst and when it heals up it builds up scar tissue. If there are a lot of cysts, large cysts or they keep popping up in the same spots it can cause the scar tissue to become very thick.

In general cysts don't cause infertility. Besides scar tissue, the only other real way they mess with fertility is if you have a lot of them, it will cause the ovary to stretch and it can make it harder to get pregnant, I don't think I've ever heard of someone having polycystic ovary syndrome in both ovaries though, as it something that can be treated. So you even if you had it, you wouldn't be rendered completely infertile.

Not on topic but it can be cysts. There are about 5 common types of ovarian cysts. It isn't the cysts themselves that can make you infertile. Both my mom and daughter have them (somehow that skipped me so far *knocks on wood*). My mom has 4 bio children. It's the scar tissue build up that can make becoming pregnant more difficult. Cysts will burst and when it heals up it builds up scar tissue. If there are a lot of cysts, large cysts or they keep popping up in the same spots it can cause the scar tissue to become very thick.

In general cysts don't cause infertility. Besides scar tissue, the only other real way they mess with fertility is if you have a lot of them, it will cause the ovary to stretch and it can make it harder to get pregnant, I don't think I've ever heard of someone having polycystic ovary syndrome in both ovaries though, as it something that can be treated. So you even if you had it, you wouldn't be rendered completely infertile.
Thank you. I will pass this on to my sister. Interesting. We wouldn't know cause she refuses to get the second opinion which scares me. But honestly is one of least of her problems. :(

I wrote this....

http://www.cracked.com/personal-experiences-1630-abortion-request-5-facts-life-as-surrogate-mom.html

It did not have that title.

It's caused me annoyance since it came out. And since i keep bitching about it, and having to repeat myself in shout, I thought I would start a thread to contain it here.

Clickbait titles are a a great way to up your clicks. But it's Shitty for the person reading the comments, when the last thing you wanted to do is debate abortion. Talk about a dead horse.

Also it wasn't abortion I was even talking about. It was selective reduction, but who would click on that, ammirite? :shifty:

I read that article....it was very good. I did however wonder about the title.

Good job Nel!! :woot:

That's cracked for you, trash website.

On a semi-related note to the discussion, it's always amazed me how un-helpful and even seemingly unknowledgeable doctors are when it comes to fertility issues

Back