• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
2mg6usj.jpg

2eyjixh.jpg

A 19th District Court jury decided on a 50-year sentence Tuesday afternoon for a former Waco daycare owner found guilty of murder last week in the death of an infant in her care who died of an antihistamine overdose.

Marian Fraser, 51, must serve half the sentence before she’s eligible for parole.

Jurors took about two and a half hours to reach the punishment decision.

Fraser was convicted of murder last week in the March 4, 2013 death of four-month-old Clara Marguerite Felton, daughter of Lauren and Perry Felton, who died at a local hospital after prosecutors say she was given a lethal dose of an over-the-counter antihistamine so she would sleep at naptime.

Fraser was indicted for murder, injury to a child causing serious bodily injury and 13 counts of endangering a child, but prosecutors dropped all but the murder charge at the end of the week-long trial.

The jury deliberated about four hours before returning the guilty verdict on Friday.

The trial immediately went into the punishment phase, but State District Judge Ralph Strother later recessed the proceedings.....

Fraser took the stand on Thursday at the end of the defense case-in-chief and said she never gave antihistamines to any of the children in her care.

Investigators say the girl was fed a bottle at around 11:30 a.m. on the day she died and was put in a crib for a nap between noon and 12:30 p.m., an arrest warrant affidavit said.

She was found unresponsive at around 2:50 p.m., the affidavit said.

A medical examiner told investigators that the infant "had to have been given the diphenhydramine (the generic name for the over-the-counter-drug Benadryl) while in the care of the daycare she was attending" or the effects would have occurred earlier, the affidavit said.

Fraser told an investigator she would have managed and administered any medication that a parent brought to the daycare, the affidavit said, but the infant's parents told the investigator they had never given their daughter diphenhydramine or any product that contains it.

After the girl's death, the parents of the 10 infants had hair samples tested for diphenhydramine, a source close to the investigation said....

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/...-Trial-Begins-305007971.html?device=phone&c=y

Why are you even running a daycare if you can't even put children to sleep properly?
Fuck this bitch and rest in peace baby gal.

I've had some sleepless nights but never have I ever thought to myself let's dope that baby up. Ok I've joked about it but honest to God I have never done it. Fucking bitch. Why run a daycare if you can't handle the business of putting babies to sleep without doping them up?
The only thing I do put in my babies bottle is Motrin becoz the monster is teething. I'm glad she got 50 years. She did this deliberately and without thought to the consequences. And she continues to lie about what she has done. Her sentence is well deserved.

Former home day care owner sentenced to 50 years in child’s death
After her arrest, 15 more children from her day care showed they had been given diphenhydramine at Fraser’s Spoiled Rotten Day Care on Hilltop Drive after hair samples tested positive for the drug.

Fraser, who operated the day care in her home for 25 years, turned down a 40-year plea offer from prosecutors Melinda Westmoreland and Dale Smith before trial. She must serve a minimum of 25 years in prison before she can seek parole.

Villarrial told jurors in summations Tuesday that Fraser was a deacon and active member of her church and was always available when someone needed help or encouragement. He said Fraser would never hurt a child intentionally and was always a great mother to her daughter, who is now in seminary.

Westmoreland countered that jurors should show neither leniency nor mercy to Fraser because those qualities should be reserved for the repentant. She said Fraser had the chance to tell emergency room doctors fighting to save Clara’s life that she had given the child Benadryl, but she did not.

She lied to Alston and was “trashing” Lauren Felton and threatening to sue her for defamation, Westmoreland said.

My heart breaks for Clara's family- RIP baby girl.
I had to leave my babies in day care when they were infants in order to work, I checked them out with a microscope( the care givers)...had this happen to one of mine I would have lost my mind.

Hope this bitch fries in hell.

15 more children from her day care showed they had been given diphenhydramine at Fraser’s Spoiled Rotten Day Care
But she swore in court that she didn't give the kids Benadryl... Huh, kids must have taken it all by themselves, to frame her and all.

My husband and I joke about doping our kid up to calm her down all the time. It's sad that anyone would be stupid enough to do more than joke.

she just wanted an easy job and gave them benedryl so they would sleep and she wouldnt have much to do is my guess. what a pig.

Fraser had the chance to tell emergency room doctors fighting to save Clara’s life that she had given the child Benadryl, but she did not.

She may have thought the Benadryl wouldn't harm when she administered it, but once the baby was in hospital would have been an excellent time to come clean. It might have made all the difference to the out-come. :wideyed:

What the FUCK?!! I am a child care provider and this bitch wanted an easy job..newsflash to the cunt-child care is a not an easy job,but to those of us that love working with the children,it's worth every minute..I work with infants mainly & this just kills me. That precious baby :(.

Jan 22, 2018

Former Waco day care owner Marian Fraser, who won a new trial in June in the Benadryl overdose death of a baby in her care, was released from Jail on Monday afternoon after posting bail.

The Texas Court of Criminal Appeals in Austin set $50,000 bail for the 54-year-old Fraser earlier this month.

Fraser was convicted of murder and sentenced to 50 years in prison in May 2015 in the death of Clara Felton, County Judge Scott Felton’s granddaughter. The 4-month-old died in March 2013 after being given a toxic amount of diphenhydramine, the active ingredient in Benadryl, while at Fraser’s Spoiled Rotten Day Care.

Fraser’s attorney, Alan Bennett, said 19th State District Judge Ralph Strother set conditions for Fraser’s release Monday morning, including ordering her to wear a GPS ankle monitor, to remain in McLennan County and to not have contact with any witness in her case or any children other than her own family members.

“Her family is happy that she is home and that she will be able to stay there while the appeal is pending,” Bennett said.

Trial testimony revealed that 15 other children from her day care tested positive for diphenhydramine.

Fraser, who operated the day care in her home for 25 years, testified she never gave Benadryl to the children in her care without their parents’ knowledge or consent. The Feltons and a dozen other parents whose children tested positive said they did not give Fraser permission to give their children Benadryl.

The Seventh Court of Appeals in Amarillo reversed Fraser’s conviction in June and awarded her a new trial after ruling that Strother’s instructions to the jury about Fraser’s intent level were improper. The indictment against Fraser used the same language as the jury charge, and her trial attorney did not object to it.
http://www.wacotrib.com/news/courts...cle_e0924fda-154d-5726-a80c-ac9849334f71.html

Back