• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

gatekeeper

Loves the "Funny" Button
920x920.jpg

This photo provided by Inter-State Studio & Publishing Co. Shows Drew Holm and his great-grandmother Kathryn Keith in their prom picture. The Indiana teenager who took 93-year-old Keith to his junior prom says he had a great time, even though her early bedtime nearly cut the night short. Holm then took his girlfriend to an after-prom event at a bowling alley.
SEYMOUR, Ind. (AP) — An Indiana teenager who took his 93-year-old great-grandmother to his junior prom says he had a great time, even though her early bedtime nearly cut the night short.

Drew Holm says his classmates thought it "was pretty cool" that he asked Kathryn Keith to last Friday's Crothersville High School junior prom.

Holm picked Keith up in her Cadillac for the dance in Seymour, about 60 miles south of Indianapolis.

Keith, who wore a blue dress, told the Seymour Tribune (http://bit.ly/1Fa2qUc ) she's proud that he asked her.

The pair hit the dance floor for only one song, sharing a slow dance. Their night ended by 9 p.m. because Keith has an early bedtime.

Holm then took his girlfriend to an after-prom event at a bowling alley.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Indiana-teen-takes-great-grandmother-93-to-6251292.php

Awww how sweet. It's good to see youngsters loving on their grandmas. And I'm sure she was loving all the attention.

I guess I'll be traveling to Indiana soon. We had to go to Seymour, CT, I can just see Seymour, IN on the agenda.

Someone's husband thinks it's awesome to see the towns with his last name...

So I take it Grandma never got to go to her Prom? Or he just felt she needed another? I dunno, I could barely make it through prom (boring :banghead:) as a teenager. I can't imagine wanting to ever go back.

Back