• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
When I read "stomped on her head" I literally felt like vomiting. how long could this child have been home before this happened?

I love my baby girl (18mons now) and when she was a new-born I'd sit for hours on end just rocking her and cuddling her. they are so precious, these monsters got whats coming to them.

I know, just look at her ..
A little doll ..

2009-01-21-IMG1.jpg

:(
'
'
'
'

[
Now Albert Debelbot’s defense team has statements from medical experts who upon reviewing the records believe the infant was born with brain and skull abnormalities that could have led to her death.

“The autopsy images show a grossly abnormal skull and brain. Trauma that occurred after McKenzy’s birth cannot explain these abnormalities,” wrote one physician, later adding: “The fracture on the right side of McKenzy’s skull had rounded edges and missing pieces which strongly suggest that the fracture was not acute. In other words, it is likely that it did not happen within hours of McKenzy’s death.”

Though some have questioned whether the newborn could have survived three days with an existing brain hemorrhage, “there is support in the medical literature for infants surviving days after birth with fractured skulls and intracranial bleeding,” the examiner wrote.

Read more here: http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2015...nfants-skull-crusched.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

/QUOTE]

That is completely heartbreaking. Poor little baby. :(

I am starting to feel like a REALLY good parent.

The first one is the hardest. Just remember breathe, and that moment you think you're going to kill him ( Normal) Take a deep breath and Smile. The biggest fakest smile you can pull out your ass, and walk away. Always try to leave em with that.....what else? Don't waste their hands. Kids like too and can help. Good Luck!

FUCK! You assholes couldn't handle a baby for THREE FUCKING DAYS??? I'm sure the first one or two were spent in a hospital with a NURSERY!

Okay, I read that the doctor is saying in the appeal that the baby's injuries were from birth as the edges of the fracture(s) were rounded and not sharp as an acute fracture would be, and I'm aware that some births are extremely traumatic but if that were the case wouldn't their be medical records to support that?

I'm reading this that there was a skull fracture that was essentially a hole in the skull, like a whole chunk of skull got pushed in, which makes me think that they are referring to a forceps delivery for the baby. Wouldn't that be in the medical records? And wouldn't that have been brought out in the original trial?

I guess I'm just confused as to why this wasn't part of the original trial, why it's coming out now years later instead? Like I said, confused.

Wow...that's fuckin suck if you got accused of killing your baby and sentenced to life and you really didn't do it. I'm hoping this doesn't have to do with race. How odd that the autopsy concluded a homicide :/

From the link above.

WOW.

Pediatrician Peter Dehnel said the baby’s skull had a malformation, with a plate on one side of the skull overriding one on the other side. Such a “congenital abnormality” can go undetected for months, he said.

That along with a “rough delivery” could have led to internal bleeding that was so slow it was not apparent, he said: “It was more like a slow oozing over about 60 hours of time.”
No cuts or bruises showed the infant was abused, he said: “There are no external signs of trauma on this baby.” Such evidence should have been apparent, as a medical examination showed bruises where emergency room staff tried to start IVs, he said.

He said a fracture on the left side of the baby’s skull could have resulted from the delivery, and the right side never formed properly.

Defense attorneys also called to the stand Dr. Julie Mack, a radiologist, who testified the right side of the baby’s skull had a hole in it with “amorphous” or rounded edges, not the sharp, well-defined edges evident of an acute or sudden fracture caused by force.

Also unlike an acute injury, no broken pieces of skull fitting the hole were present, she said: The bone simply never developed.

The infant’s brain was too small, indicating a loss of brain cells during gestation, likely caused by a lack of blood supply, Mack said.

Court records show the Debelbots’ child was born at 4 p.m. May 29, 2008, at Martin Army, and discharged at 1 p.m. May 31, 2008. About 1:30 a.m. the next day, the parents awoke in their Buena Vista Road apartment to find the infant had a lump on her head. They rushed her back to the hospital, where she was pronounced dead at 3:55 a.m.

I gotta say, the scumbags who kill their babies don't usually rush them to the ER while they are still alive. BUT... I find it difficult to believe that during the 2 days in the hospital no one noticed any abnormalities. Like, a baby this fucked up at birth? Did she even eat? Is that normal for babies with brain injury?

Last edited:
I feel so sad for these parents. What a nightmare. Especially having to sit in jail under assumption that you murdered your baby when you really had nothing to do with it because it was out of your control. . . . they are probably so heartbroken. But good thing they never gave up their defense.....as now its showing proof they didn't do it. How horrible. Imagine getting beat up or possibly raped while locked up because other inmates thought you were a baby beater......how unfortunate. :oops:

I think a pertinent bit of info here is that it's an ARMY hospital, not saying they are incompetent, but military hospitals are not known for their world class care.

I think a pertinent bit of info here is that it's an ARMY hospital, not saying they are incompetent, but military hospitals are not known for their world class care.
went to walter reed army hospital since I was born in 1967-my son was born there in 1988 was an amazing hospital with amazing doctors who dealt with my mothers multiple health

thank you I really had no clue. my father lived there for years before I was born and my family was cared for there for years until my mothers death in 2007

he lost his leg in the Korean war and he, my mom and I thanked god for the care they received

Walter Reed and military hospitals in general have a long history. Scandals come and they go. Although the scandals do cast a shadow over all the work done in Walter Reed and tarnish its entire reputation, the hospital was once just as famous for its excellence. I'm sure your father, your mother and you all benefitted from the excellent care provided during Walter Reed's better days.

@dorerin

Military hospital care is spotty at best. I live in Georgia and we have two, Dublin, Carl Vinson Medical Center and Augusta, I forget the name of that one, but we visited both, Carl Vinson was much better.

I haven't been all over the world, I can only talk about what I know and what my husband and his father and brother have put up with from the VA and military hospitals and so I stand by what I have said, the care from the VA and military hospitals is spotty, some I'm sure is great, some not so great.

I'm glad you and family's experience was excellent, not the story for alot of servicemen and veterans. The end.

"The Georgia Supreme Court on Friday overturned the convictions of an Army couple accused of killing their newborn daughter in 2008.

Albert and Ashley Debelbot were convicted of murder and sentenced to life in prison for the death of McKenzy Debelbot, who died three days after her parents brought her home from the Martin Army Community Hospital in Fort Benning.

Authorities determined the infant died of blunt force trauma to the head, though prosecutors never said which parent allegedly killed McKenzy.

The child was born May 29, 2008, and cleared to go home the following afternoon, according to the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer.

On June 1, her parents brought her back to the hospital, telling doctors they discovered a lump on McKenzy’s head. The baby was pronounced dead hours later.

Because Albert and Ashley Debelbot were the only people to see McKenzy after bringing her home, both were charged with her murder.

Following their joint trial, the Debelbots tried for years to appeal their convictions without any luck.

That all changed Friday when the state’s highest court determined the Columbus couple had ineffective legal counsel at their initial trial and unanimously agreed to reverse their convictions."

Link: HERE!

It appears the prosecutor screwed up on telling the trial jury, incorrectly, what "reasonable doubt" is and the dumb-ass defense lawyer didn't object.
The court's decision hinged on remarks made during the prosecution's closing argument, Justice Keith Blackwell wrote.

According to the Ledger-Enquirer, the comments were made by Assistant District Attorney Sadhana Dailey as she explained the concept of reasonable doubt to the jury.
". . . Reasonable doubt does not mean beyond all doubt. It does not mean to a mathematical certainty," she said. "You don't have to be 90% sure. You don't have to be 80% sure. You don't have to be 51% sure."

Nobody objected to the prosecutor's comments at the time, and the jury was left with that definition of the standard of proof before deliberating and finding the couple guilty, the court determined.

"In doing so, ... the prosecuting attorney set the bar far too low, going so far as to argue that something less than a preponderance of the evidence would be enough to authorize the jury to find the Debelbots guilty," Blackwell wrote. "There is no good reason that any reasonably competent lawyer would fail to object to such an egregious misstatement of the law."

District Attorney Julia Slater told the Ledger-Enquirer her office intends to retry the Debelbots, who remain in prison.

Back