• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-station-radio24syv-rabbit-killed-live-on-air

A Danish radio station has killed a nine-week old rabbit live on air, saying it intended to stimulate a debate around the “widespread hypocrisy in our relationship to animals”.

Presenters brought the rabbit, which they called Alan, into the studio on Sunday morning, where he was clubbed with a bicycle pump.

Asger Juhl, one of the presenters, later took the rabbit’s body home and skinned it, saying he planned a dinner of rabbit ragoût for his children.
[....]
Its stunt provoked a strong backlash and calls for a boycott.

In a response to Radio24syv’s Facebook post, Stan Kosjaks wrote: “Don’t try and justify it you heartless bastards, the only reason you killed a small, defenceless animal on air is to boost your ratings.

“Maybe, somebody should hit you on the head with a fucking pump, see if that provokes a debate.”

Julie Schmidt wrote: “You could probably easily have had the debate on air without having to kill an animal.”

The station invited an outspoken advocate for animal rights, Linse Kessler, into the studio for the debate. When she realised the plan, Kessler chased Juhl around the studio in an attempt to rescue the rabbit.
[....]

There's a video at the link, but it does not show the killing.

Stuffat tal-fenek ...Maltese rabbit stew. With out the bicycle pump and everything. at least he ended up being dinner for people instead of some ones pet snake...or worse thrown in the dumpster. Rabbits are Food.

I'd personally have liked the killing to take place with something more suitable than a bicycle pump. Whatever happened to simply wringing the neck of small critters destined for the table?

Linse Kessler is an animal rights activist now?
Holy, grossly overdone plastic surgery and I don't mean the boobs. Her face looks so... Fake and plastic.

Yuck, no thanks, I think I'll just grow old as gracefully as possible.

Back