• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
Police searching for a man suspected of killing his six-year-old sister, his mother and her partner have recovered a weapon from the crime scene.

Police are continuing to search for 21-year-old Jed Allen who they want to question in connection with the deaths.

The bodies of Janet Jordon, 48, her six-year-old daughter Derrin and Philip Howard, 44, were found at their home in Didcot, Oxfordshire, on Saturday.

Mr Allen, who has a distinctive black spider tattoo on his left hand, is described as white, about 6ft (1.8m) tall and stocky.

Thames Valley Police confirmed he was known to the force and has warned the public not to approach him, although he is not considered dangerous to the wider community.

Mr Ward added: "We are conducting a number of searches to try and locate the suspect. These will continue today and extra officers and national resources have been deployed in order to assist us with that.

"We have recovered a weapon from within the crime scene but our search for the suspect continues today."

The victims' bodies were found in a house in Vicarage Road at about 20:20 BST on Saturday after police were alerted by concerned neighbours.

Police said the cause of death was believed to be stab wounds.

More than 100 officers - some of them armed - have been taking part in searches, which involved closing Oxford University Parks where Mr Allen used to work as a groundsman. The park has since reopened.

Police said the presence of armed police was "purely for the safety of the searching officers".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-32875674

It appears he's also dead:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jed-allen-didcot-murders-live-5757611

Police have found a body they believe to be 21-year-old Jed Allen.

Officers say they are not looking for anyone else in connection with the murders.
[...]

The body was found close to Marston Road, not far from Trinity college sports ground.

The site is barely one mile from Oxford University Parks - where around 100 officers have been searching for him.

It is an area that Allen knew well as he previously worked in the region.

So apparently he likened himself to Wolverine?

2n1uvb5.jpg

Police had been desperately seeking the tattooed weightlifter, who had posted a series of bizarre, rambling videos online before the triple-homicide. He also left left dozens of photos on his social media accounts, detailing a fascination with weapons and brooding comic book anti heroes, primarily X-Men’s Wolverine.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/crime...e-murderer-found-dead-woods-article-1.2234830

His mom and his little sister:
30usn4o.jpg

I am actually quite pleased that BBC did not mention his Wolverine fixation. That was not what made him kill his family. What made him kill his family would be his being a head case.

'I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE,' RAGED TRIPLE MURDERER BEFORE KILLINGS
Triple killer Jed Allen screamed that he couldn’t ‘take any more’ in a disturbing video posted online just months ago.

In an outburst that appeared to show just how close he was to the edge, the 21-year-old declared he was living in a ‘mad house’.

The chilling footage emerged yesterday with details of the troubled family life that would send Allen into turmoil – and end with him slaughtering three members of his family.

The young man who modelled himself on the X-Men character Wolverine was said to have suffered the breakdown of his parents’ marriage, followed by another traumatic period living with his alcoholic mother and a series of boyfriends.

Allen was also known to social services because his mother was an alcoholic and his two younger siblings had been taken into care.

[..]

But when Miss Jordon gave birth to Derin, she was allowed to keep the child, and the six-year-old's murder could now be subject to a serious case review, Oxfordshire County Council has admitted.

The county's safeguarding children's board will consider whether there were missed chances to protect Derin from harm before her murder - and if her killer brother could have been stopped.

Allen felt ‘lonely and unloved’ because of a troubled upbringing with an alcoholic mother and he could not 'understand' why his parents had split up when he was a child, friends have said.

The family also went through massive upheaval when Allen’s two younger siblings were taken into care and he was prone to explosions of anger, including punching holes in walls.

[..]

Meanwhile, a former soldier who had a four-year relationship with Miss Jordon from 2001 described her as ‘the best mum and the devil in disguise at the same time’.

Mark Cane, 44, said: ‘Because of her problems with alcohol she was a Jekyll and Hyde figure.

‘When she had things under control she was up in the morning, sending Jed off to school, being a normal, loving mother.

‘But then she would get drunk and threaten to take her own life. Jed saw a lot of dysfunction, I imagine he snapped with his mother and couldn’t take her any more. But I’ll never understand why he killed his little sister.’

[..]

In recent months, Allen posted videos and posts online expressing anger about his life and how he was 'fed up of being treated like dirt' at work and by women.

He made dozens of short films in the past year and in one he screams wildly into the camera and says: 'This is a mad house. I can't take it any more'.

[..]

Miss Jordon's former landlady spoke of the close bond between Allen and his mother – but said his troubled upbringing was tarnished by her addiction to alcohol.

Jane Ilott, 68, said: 'I didn't know Jed as a 6ft man, I know him as a little fella who was really struggling. 'He absolutely loved his mum and she him, but she didn't know... drink was Jan's real love but she did love Jed.'

Describing Miss Jordon as 'beautiful', Mrs Ilott added: 'She wasn't a bad woman, she was just an alcoholic.'

[..]

Social media appeared to be a way for Allen to admit his frailties and anger with the world.

He told friends recently that his life was going 'backwards' and he was 'depressed, 'lonely' and 'sad' because he was 'fed up of girls treating me poorly'.

In a caption accompanying one of his his many selfies he wrote: 'I don't know what I am anymore'.

In others he sang his favourite songs and, on one film in his car, he wrote afterwards: 'When I was happy'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...members-family-Bank-Holiday-murder-spree.html

Sounds like plenty of people knew he wasn't coping with things. I feel the worst for his sister but I also wonder if he didn't see killing her as "helping" her. After reading through a few articles..I have little pity for the mother. She choose the bottle over her children. It's not like he hid the fact he was spiraling out of control, he made very public cries for help.

A young girl and her parents were found dead after the man suspected of their murders sent a friend a "concerning" text message, an inquest has heard.

Det Sgt Ally Driver, of Thames Valley Police, told the hearing the bodies were discovered at Vicarage Road after a friend of Mr Allen called police at 20:22 BST on the Saturday night.

"He had received a concerning text message from Jed and had gone to Jed's house to try and find him," he said.

"Instead of finding Jed, he found the body of Phillip Howard and called the police.

Two dog walkers found the hanged body of Mr Allen, 21, in woodland close to Marston Ferry Road, Oxford at 16:40 on 25 May.

The inquests were adjourned and are expected to resume in the autumn, at a date yet to be fixed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-32977938

Back