• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
http://www.am980.ca/2015/05/19/five-year-old-stabbing-charge/

London Police have laid a charge of attempted murder against the father of a 5-year-old stabbed early Tuesday morning at a home in the city’s west end.

Investigators say it happened at a home on Applegreen Grove near Commissioners and Andover around 6:10 a.m. The 5-year-old victim was stabbed multiple times and was rushed to hospital with life threatening injuries.

The victim remains in the Pediatric Critical Care Unit at London Health Sciences Centre. Police say the victim is now listed in serious condition.

Officers arrested the father, 38, at the scene. He remains in custody pending a court appearance.

Neighbours who reside in the normally quiet cul-de-sac have told AM980 a husband and wife live at the home with at least three young children. The family moved in about a year ago, and while neighbours describe them as generally pleasant, they say the mother was seen outside far more often than the father.

“The Mom, I think she might be home-schooling them, so we just see them on the street playing with the Mom, but I’ve never seen the Dad before,” said Nicole Chioros, who lives several houses down on Applegreen Grove. “She’ll take them on walks but she’s not very social, she’s never really talked to any of us before.”

Chioros thought they appeared to be a happy family.

“The Mom is not social, but the kids seem very happy,” said Chioros. “They’re always out with their toys and playing chalk on the driveway.”

Chioros has lived on the street her entire life, and admits nothing like this has ever happened before.

“It’s very quiet, nothing usually happens especially since it’s a no-exit street,” she said. “No one ever really comes up here, so when stuff like this happens, we know it’s something major.”

A blood stain was clearly visible on the door bell of the house next door.

The Major Crime Section is handling the investigation, and officers remain at the scene.

Could be dad flipped his shit years ago, but just now lost his tenuous hold on reality.

Just an idea, since no one ever saw him, he stayed in the house and didn't associate with the neighbors. It's possible that he just didn't get the chance to get them all, someone ran to the neighbors and he got stopped before he could do any more damage.

http://www.am980.ca/2015/05/20/susp...of-his-daughter-makes-first-court-appearance/

A London man charged with attempted murder in the stabbing of his five year old daughter made his first court appearance today.

38 year old Andrew Bruce Hill has been remanded into custody and will make another court appearance Friday morning.

Hill looked distraught as he buried his head in his hands covering his eyes. He could be seen trying to plug his ears while hearing a list of over a dozen names of people he may not communicate with, including his wife and three children.

He donned a neon green t-shirt that read, “Help, I’m Talking And I Can’t Shut Up!”

Meanwhile, a 5-year-old girl remained listed in “serious, but stable condition” Wednesday morning, the day after Police say she was stabbed multiple times at the family’s home in the Commissioners and Andover area.

I don't like the fact this family has been cutting themselves out from the world. Maybe they felt the stigma of mental illness was something they could not reach out and get help with?

These are the stories that make my stomach lurch.. The ones where parents are the ones harming/ knowing of harm being done to their children. The ones where kiddos were more than likely aware that mommy or daddy is the one hurting them. The ones where they were probably begging for their lives, fearing those who should be protecting them. I. JUST. CAN'T.:bigtears::arghh::vomit:

Back