• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Get a haircut
And get a real job!
Be like your big brother Bob
He got a haircut and got a REAL job.
Thank you George Thorogood!

Ahhh, they're a bunch of lazy morons. Take everything they can and give nothing back.
My friends and I, after Vietnam ended, picked up our little red wagons and became contributing members of society.
Our ideals and goals did NOT change; we just found better ways to engage.

I didn't come along until the tail end, but I remember being a kid (not a teen yet) listening to the bio units bitching about "the hippies" during the nightly news while my friend's older sisters and brothers (their brothers who didn't end up coming home in a bag of random parts in a wooden crate) - "the real hippies", would get us all riled up with stories of what they were doing downtown to *peacefully* protest the world of Ward and June. Our hippies weren't nasty and unbathed either. They smelled like fresh shampoo (VO 5 and "Gee, Your Hair Smells Terrific") patchouli and sandalwood, neroli and strawberry oil (kinda like I do today :p ).

I remember being completely enthralled (and probably more than a little stoned half the time from a contact high, lol :wacky: ) with the world through their eyes. My best friend and I would spend hours making clover chains and stringing love bead jewelry for the "groovy", older kids/20-somethings to wear and hang on the rear view mirror of their bugs and vans. She and I would also make halter tops out of bandanas and wear chokers and headbands to look "far out" like they did. :smug: It was a wonderful, powerful distraction from what was going on IRL at my house and I used to wish SO hard I'd wake up one morning and be old enough to go with them when they went to hang out downtown. Now, we have these idiots who're just an embarrassment. The last time they rallied here, we ended up leaving less than 30 minutes after we got to the park. I was embarrassed my dtr. even had to see that shit storm. It was just...depressing.

I didn't come along until the tail end, but I remember being a kid (not a teen yet) listening to the bio units bitching about "the hippies" during the nightly news while my friend's older sisters and brothers (their brothers who didn't end up coming home in a bag of random parts in a wooden crate) - "the real hippies", would get us all riled up with stories of what they were doing downtown to *peacefully* protest the world of Ward and June. Our hippies weren't nasty and unbathed either. They smelled like fresh shampoo (VO 5 and "Gee, Your Hair Smells Terrific") patchouli and sandalwood, neroli and strawberry oil (kinda like I do today :p ).

I remember being completely enthralled (and probably more than a little stoned half the time from a contact high, lol :wacky: ) with the world through their eyes. My best friend and I would spend hours making clover chains and stringing love bead jewelry for the "groovy", older kids/20-somethings to wear and hang on the rear view mirror of their bugs and vans. She and I would also make halter tops out of bandanas and wear chokers and headbands to look "far out" like they did. :smug: It was a wonderful, powerful distraction from what was going on IRL at my house and I used to wish SO hard I'd wake up one morning and be old enough to go with them when they went to hang out downtown. Now, we have these idiots who're just an embarrassment. The last time they rallied here, we ended up leaving less than 30 minutes after we got to the park. I was embarrassed my dtr. even had to see that shit storm. It was just...depressing.

Thank you, Thank you! My uncle, who is my favorite person in the world, is an old hippie of the type you and I loved, and I grew up worshipping and emulating him :)
The Rainbow golf balls give true hippies a bad name!

I'm going to adopt gatekeeper; I luvs you! I have a shit ton of funny stories about the 60's and early 70's...before Disco killed the soul of America. If fuckin' Morbid hadn't disappeared our blogs you could read them. Fuck you Morbid! I hope your greasy, STD infested sofa explodes.

Lol! If you adopted me, I'd be playin' with the :cat:s, helping you feed me your good cookin' :hungry: and sittin' in front of the fireplace hanging on your every word, my Liege! :wideyed: :woot: And I know you've got a helleva fandom when it comes your :writer:, but Imma be the first one in line for a signed copy of that first edition printing of that book (series) you got in ya, ma'am. :bookworm: :smug: :kiss:

You have been promoted to MINION! If you ever drive or fly close by, I'll come get you and we'll eat Cajun food 3 times a day...I make awesome French toast, and my Bread Pudding w/cinnamon sauce has incited riots at the DOC* meetings
My blog (fuck you Morbid) would be a hit. These are the titles of a few:

Granny, cannibal Yankees and the Fourth of July.
Aunt NeeNee and the whorehouse.
Uncle Davis was late to his own funeral,
Bagworms in the Family Tree,
Nuns, Jesuits and learning to curtsy,
Why the Sou'f really won the war*.
How to be a Southern Crazy Lady,
Always carry a magazine,
Cats, Dogs and the People they own.
How I almost got the entire Senior Class suspended.
GOOD MORNING Judge, why you look so mean?
My acting debut as La Belle Rebel (Belle Boyd)
Why I hate Horses
The world has been deprived of my awesome essays; it's all Morbid's fault.

* my family STILL refers to that war as "The Late Unpleasantness" OH YES they do!
* Daughters of the Confederacy. Had to turn in ALL our genealogy to join.

I'm now at the age that I have a few ole hippy friends. I love them to pieces. They are laid back and take care of their own and don't mess with anyone else.

So why is the merry band of idiots allowed to continue? Aren't there laws to prevent stupid people from gathering when they wreak havoc everywhere they go? Burning tires? That's a bad thing. For everyone. Someone needs to tell them.

Wolfie, noooo! I found the pull-down attic steps, and every lunch period I sneaked up there to smoke. Well, a coupla friends found out and told THEIR friends who told...y'know how it goes.
Well on the Day of Infamy I was getting a wisdom tooth pulled, so I wasn't at school when the rubber met the road. My idiot friends brought THEIR idiot friends up to the attic. Musta been about 40 of them! The smoke started billowing out the vents. Nuns went berserk! Called the Fire Dept and evacuated the school. My friends were very busted, but not one ratted me out. I was beloved by all for my talent for causing excitement, asshattery and chaos. Anyway, everybody got detention for 2 weeks. I am a legend at St Joseph's Academy.

Abroad, I thought the title was funny! We refer to the ass hats in the family as ...bagworms in the family tree. We love them, except for their fondness for other peoples' shit. Otherwise they are nice guys; the first to show up when you need help, give you their last dollar and they will beat the hell out of any man who even offends a girl or lady. Those are our bikers. We had them come down and have a little talk with my junkie asshole of an ex son in law. No violence...hell, just the sight of them would have yoou walking the straight and narrow!

It's more a gentle poke in the ribs to our family members whose hobby is getting arrested for: Stealing lawn equipment. Stealing a pig. Trespass. Hunting on posted land. Sinking a Police Patrol boat in which they sat for stealing (borrowing) said boat. Fishing out of season and without a license. Drunk in public (but not driving, Aunt V would've skinned them alive). Creating a public nuisance. So MANY ways to create a public nuisance; I should know! And running nekid down the road while piss drunk.

But back to the thread...:angelic:...any group that has the free time to set up a community in the woods for a few weeks is bound to attract some nutters. These are the crunchiest of hippies, and the distance between crunchy hippie and menace to society is quite small. Remember this hippie? The kid who was a hero, until he killed a man in north jersey? He would be perfectly at home at the gathering of Rainbow Children.

But back to the thread...:angelic:...any group that has the free time to set up a community in the woods for a few weeks is bound to attract some nutters. These are the crunchiest of hippies, and the distance between crunchy hippie and menace to society is quite small. Remember this hippie? The kid who was a hero, until he killed a man in north jersey? He would be perfectly at home at the gathering of Rainbow Children.

Oh, I'm positive Kai would be a hit. lol. The Jesus froot loop with the ethnic cleansing issue sounds like he was listening to too many Charlie Manson speeches...o_O :asshat:

Rainbow murder suspect moved to jail

The 40-year-old Georgia man in local custody on murder charges stemming from a March 5 shooting at a Rainbow Gathering in the Apalachicola National Forest has been transferred out of the hospital and into the county jail.

After a little more than two weeks recuperating at Weems Memorial Hospital, under round-the-clock guard, Clark Mayers, of Milledgeville, Georgia, was moved April 2 to the county jail, where he is being held without bond on murder charges.
http://www.apalachtimes.com/news/local-news/rainbow-murder-suspect-moved-to-jail-1.461815

i have read zero post, i just know what happened in my neck of the woods with the rainbow people when i was living in mena, ar back in the day..they like to camp on national forest land, and apparently one was tripping balls and decided to walk nekkid to someones house. this was in the middle of the night. they shot him in the ass, hog tied him, put him in the back of their truck and took him to the cop shop. now i do not agree with the shooting of the ass, however, what else do you do when some crazy nude guy shows up on your porch talking nonsense?

Last edited:
they have no right in national forests as they have shown no responsibility or common sense. They litter extremely and upset the animals and the ecosystem as well as piss off any tribes that have colonies or rezs next to the forests. They fall back on the claim of just because one person screws up when called on the bs that happens at a gathering, well one person can destroy a whole forest with a bad fire. pollute a whole creek with moronicy at a higher point of it, one person to steal food from the house of someone poor, etc and so on, including one group of morons burning tires that a local tried to tell them to put out in this incidence. I hope he gets off as he wasn't the one that started this crap

sadly, i still love kai. not that i'm gonna write him any letters in prison, but i know at least at one time, his heart was in the right place.

ok, so i have finally read what everybody so far had to say, and my only thought is (THANK YOU) that if you live near any woods the rainbow family is sure to piss you off. (THANK YOU) #1 living out in the middle of the forest/woods is sure to get you some looks or comments either way (hillbilly, hilljack, ect.) #2 saying "fuck those rainbow fuckheads" would make you sound either really hateful or like a redneck unless you have actually seen what damage they have done, or the bullshit they have caused.

So...its a non-violent gathering, but every one is strapped? Well SHIT, they can join my team when the zombie apacolypse hits!

Back