• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

These titties be out of control!
If there is a Hell, the most interesting people will be there to drink with.
Fuck yeah.

When I seen the lady in the pink bra...I was all like...yeah...I want to be her...but then her face just left me appreciating my small boobies like never before. Thank you!

@Geno, I am very sorry about your friend. But I think he probably just went to sleep and crashed. Also, there are a lot of nice people here, so I hope you didn't leave.

@all the rest of you nuts, especially the ones I see all the time here, I absolutely love you and I appreciate you making me laugh on a daily basis.

Absolutely no need to be so rude and nasty to a new member. All that could have been posted in a less bitchinator mode. Please ignore the hateful comments.

Geno, I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. I hope they find out what happened and it's not murder.

Yeah, fuck all you stupid bitches.
I just turned this into a lesbo make out session. Your prattling is irrelevant.
giphy.gif

Enjoy this lesbo make out in loving memory of your departed friend, @Geno.

If you think she did it, then quit wasting time with these assholes and spend more time trying to find a good lawyer so his mom can get at his records/autopsy.

If I ever die a suspicious death, I want you to be in charge! <3

Well, I'll try to ignore the bullshit and respond with an honest opinion as asked.

The entire thing is way too far removed from me personally to really state any kind of suspicion. On one hand, your post gives a story that would at least provide doubt on an accident or suicide. But that's if one only takes your view of things as at least the full and true story. I do not think you're lying, and I don't think that you are trying to really start shit--not consciously anyway. So please understand that I'm not trying to say "yes" you're obviously paranoid or lying. Just that I can only know YOUR view, and I've been around enough blocks to know that there's never one perfect view.

I do think that you probably dislike this woman, whether since before your friend's death or beginning afterward when suspicions began to build. It also sounds like at least some others who are mutually acquainted with both you and him are expressing the doubts and casting the wife in the worst possible light. It's way too easy to be caught up in a Mean Girl clique and suddenly begin viewing what only slightly bothered you become a major problem if others validate your opinion. So it's easy to imagine that you had a vague dislike of the wife that has now grown, due to the gossip now surrounding her. The problem with that is that when you are close to a person who has made a life with someone you just cannot like, it's tempting to then blame that disliked person if your friend is "taken" from your life. So again, I'm saying this and never once thinking that you're purposely being unfair. A few others have stated that though you've listed some things that are immediately alarming, there are just as many points making her version of the story just as plausible.

While I believe that lithiumgirl's reaction to you has been way off the chart in terms of misplaced anger, she did mention a couple points that I do agree with--especially that even if the child was not his, or even if there is ample proof that she was cheating on him, there's no way to know if it was a true problem. As she pointed out, your friend could have been the one arranging all the swinging. Maybe it was simply a case of them having a separation at some point that they didn't let anyone know about, and that the child was someone she dated before she came back to your friend.

Finally, I have a problem with the suspicions you have--if the BAC was 0.2 and if that was not a typo, an accident could very easily have happened, and while I realize you care deeply about your friend, at the BAC level of 0.2, it's way too easy to say that the barbituate in his system was not something he did at the bar, regardless of his normal sober behavior. There have been numerous times in my own experience where I have been all too happy to do drugs that I would NEVER take while sober. My husband, who hates smoking and has never smoked while sober, will ALWAY light up a cigarette at higher levels of drunkeness. So the barbituate in the blood may have come from that, and even more likely due to the myriad common legal drugs that have barbituates.

And while I understand what you mean by insisting he never would do drugs and that other people agree, it also made me think and I realized that I have never SEEN some of my friends take any pill, and that actually public medication is kind of a rare thing except for something like headaches.

@Geno , a BAC of 0.2 is two and a half times the legal limit. Even if your friend did have a higher tolerance for alcohol, that would have impaired him.

Also, you'll need evidence to get a judge to sign an exhumation order; his next of kin and executor can't just decide to dig him up. Even if his body were exhumed, there's virtually no way to acquire a blood sample large enough for testing; the embalming process removes and replaces the blood with preservative fluids that pretty much obliterate any traces of the former contents of the vascular system. The vitreous fluid in the eyeballs might be able to be tested for traces of recent medications or toxins, but it's iffy. And, as I believe @everjaded said, you already know that he tested positive for barbiturates, so what do you hope to learn from a blood test? Honestly, about the best you could hope to gain from an exhumation would be a lock of hair, as it could be tested and show if he had used any drugs in the three months before he died.

I agree with most everyone else here that you'll probably never know for certain exactly what sequence of events led to his death. There's simply nothing in the story you told that would lead an independent observer like me to believe that his death was anything other than a tragic misadventure.

I've been in your shoes, Geno, when a dear friend died under what could have been suspicious circumstances, and I understand that you're haunted by all the unanswered questions he left behind. I wish I could somehow magically provide you with the truth of what happened that night to ease your pain, but I can't. All I can do is reassure you that while it doesn't get easier, time does dull the sharp edges of grief.

Hang in there, buddy, and keep us posted. We'll be here for you.

Last edited:
Barbituates and alcohol are a terrible combo. I made this mistake once and didn't even take them at the same time. I had taken Fiorinal around noon and drank wine around 6pm. To say that it heightened the effects of the alcohol would be an understatement. I knew what was happening and decided to go ahead and drive myself home (which I was advise no one else do to ever) when I should've gone straight to the hospital. I was barely able to drive the car and was throwing up in a plastic garbage bag the entire time. The rest of the night was a nightmare of dizziness and puking in bed. Yes, in bed. I could've easily died from an accident on the way home or choking on my own vomit. Based on this experience I could see where this man's death could've been accidental. Even the barbituate could've been given or taken without ill intent on anyone's part. Regardless, I'm very sorry he died.

I knew what was happening and decided to go ahead and drive myself home (which I was advise no one else do to ever) when I should've gone straight to the hospital. I was barely able to drive the car and was throwing up in a plastic garbage bag the entire time. The rest of the night was a nightmare of dizziness and puking in bed. Yes, in bed. I could've easily died from an accident on the way home or choking on my own vomit.

That you made it home in one piece is Gods testament that he wants you to die an old lady in your bed some night! For sure!

Just out of curiosity ... Did Geno ever come back and see any of this :shrug:
... Because this turned out to be a hell of a conversation :popcorn: if that's what ya wanna call it :D

Back