• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
2i8x8c0.jpg

An 18-year-old baby sitter faces charges after a 3-year-old boy she was supposed to be watching was found unresponsive in Lake Granbury on Friday morning and later died.

Briana Delbridge of Granbury was being questioned Friday about the death of Aaryn Jay Thacker. Hood County Sheriff Roger Deeds said she is facing a child endangerment charge.

“The Tarrant County medical examiner’s office will be doing an autopsy, but we do not have any reason to believe that it’s something other than a drowning,” Deeds said. “However, the investigation continues.”

Authorities began searching for the boy after receiving a 911 call at 9:46 a.m., saying that a 1-year-old girl had been found....

Passers-by recognized her and took her home, a short distance away, Deeds said. “When they got to the home, they found a baby sitter and they realized another child, a 3-year-old boy, was missing.”

Because the area is near the lake, several searchers, including Brazos River Authority employees and game wardens, were called in to help.....

About a half-block from the boy’s home, searchers found a bicycle with training wheels, believed to belong to the boy, near a boat dock, Deeds said.

At 10:58 a.m., the boy was found unresponsive in shallow water near the dock. He was pronounced dead at Lake Granbury Medical Center, Deeds said.

The sitter was taken into custody, Deeds said. “I am confident charges will be filed before too long,” he said....

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article21101916.html

Jesus!
Why? Why oh why, do parents not check out people- BEFORE entrusting them with their minis?

actually it seems more child abuse crimes are committed by someone you thought you did know...I'm glad mine are grown ..I would hate to HAVE TO TRUST someone nowadays.. Poor baby rip .

Last edited:
actually it seems more child abuse crimes are committed by someone you thought you did know...I'm glad mine are grown ..I would hate to HAVE TO TRUST someone nowadays.. Poor baby rip :pout::wait:. that last emoji was suppose to be a heart.... why can't I delete a emoji ??
You can if you click the y and page icon at the top right hand corner. It will let you see it in a different format. :)waiting : ) but without the space. Then you just delete the words and : that go with it.

Wow. Unbelievable. This bitch. How long was she watching these babies for this to happen? Was she on a heroin nod?
Definitely need more information on this shit.

She was obviously doing something. Something long enough for two babies to slip her "watchful" eye and be found wandering and dead. This wasn't a momentary thing like, "I had to go to the bathroom."
My guess is drugs were involved. I hope we hear more.

I lived in Granbury for 10 years. The place is unlike any place you have ever been! Unbelievable shit happens there. I read in a couple articles from The Hood County News that the Mother and the sitter have been arrested for possession of a controlled substance. The Mom bonded out the day after the baby died. I don't know how to put the articles in here but they are on Facebook on the Hood County News page.

So "Mom" is a junkie who entrusted her precious children to another fucking junkie and tragedy ensued.

Anyone else not shocked by this turn of events?:wait:

So "Mom" is a junkie who entrusted her precious children to another fucking junkie and tragedy ensued.

Anyone else not shocked by this turn of events?:wait:
Well you know what they say it takes a village. Although to be fair I doubt this is what they meant.

Mom gets probation after son drowns in care of high babysitter

GRANBURY (WFAA) -- Jurors in Granbury sentenced a young mother to four years of probation Thursday after finding her guilty of injury to a child and child endangerment.

The case stems from the drowning of 3-year-old Aaryn Thacker in May 2015.

Searchers feared the worst when they found his bike with training wheels near Lake Granbury. Then, they found the boy drowned just off shore.
http://www.cbs19.tv/story/32297160/mom-gets-probation-after-son-drowns-in-care-of-high-babysitter

@Forensicwx
August 4, 2016

Briana Lee Delbridge, 19, the babysitter charged in connection with the drowning of a 3-year-old boy last year, was sentenced to 15 years in prison this week.

Delbridge pleaded guilty Tuesday to a second-degree felony offense of reckless injury to a child, according to the Hood County District Attorney’s Office.

Delbridge was babysitting Azaria Thacker’s two small children when they got out of the house while under her care. One of the children, Aaryn Jay Thacker, 3, rode his bike to

Lake Granbury where he drowned near a Sandy Beach boat dock.

Investigators said Delbridge was under the influence of methamphetamine at the time of the incident.

Both Thacker and Delbridge were indicted for reckless injury to a child.

Thacker was found guilty of a lesser charge of negligent injury to a child and sentenced to five years’ probation in June.

Thacker told investigators that she had seen Delbridge use methamphetamine in Thacker’s home within two weeks of the drowning of the 3-year-old, according to court testimony.

“After Thacker’s trial, Delbridge accepted a plea bargain whereby she pled guilty and that she be sentenced to prison for 15 years,” said Christian.

Delbridge, who had no criminal history, will be eligible for parole in less than four years.
https://hcnews.com/pages/updates/babysitter-gets-15-years-in-drowning-of-boy-3/

Thacker told investigators that she had seen Delbridge use methamphetamine in Thacker’s home within two weeks of the drowning of the 3-year-old, according to court testimony.

Then why the fuck did you let her anywhere NEAR your littles? Especially alone. She nodded out and one of your babies died. It was damn near both of them. :punch:

Back