• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

CbabyRKO

Trumperdink Mussolini
Courtesy of @Forensicwx

A man allegedly walked across the 215 Freeway in Menifee and stabbed an 18-month-old baby while his mother and several other family members attempted to change a tire on their disabled vehicle early Monday, California Highway Patrol officials said.

The family-of-five pulled over on the right shoulder of the northbound 215 Freeway, just south of Newport Road, at about 1:20 a.m. Monday to change a tire on their 1990 Mazda hatchback. That's when 44-year-old Nicolas Lopez Garcia, who was walking along the opposite side of the freeway, crossed all lanes of traffic toward the victims.

Armed with a broken plastic freeway paddle marker, Garcia allegedly smashed the driver's side window, broke out the rear window and began stabbing the baby with the broken, jagged edge of the paddle, CHP said.Three adults exited the Mazda and attempted to grab the paddle from the man. They sustained minor to moderate lacerations during the struggle. After re-entering the vehicle, the victims fled the scene and called 911.

The mother and the baby were transported to Inland Valley Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.

Responding CHP officers found Garcia kneeling on the shoulder of the freeway. He was allegedly setting fire to some of the victims' personal belongings. CHP officers extinguished the fire and ordered Garcia to follow officer's commands. A Taser was used after he refused to cooperate with CHP officers. The motive for the attack remains under investigation.

Garcia was booked into the Southwest Detention Center in French Valley on suspicion of attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon and resisting arrest.
http://abc7chicago.com/news/suspect-allegedly-stabs-baby-attacks-family-changing-tire/718055/

Last edited:
Why didn't someone smack him in the head with the tire iron since it would have been handy for the tire change?

I would have splattered his brain matter all over the side of Freeway 215.

He would never have made it that close to my car. We take extra care to be aware of our surroundings, so we are ready if shit gets real. How did they not notice someone creeping on their car?

He would never have made it that close to my car. We take extra care to be aware of our surroundings, so we are ready if shit gets real. How did they not notice someone creeping on their car?
I wonder if they originally thought this guy was approaching the car to offer help-- I mean who would ever expect some random sicko is going to break out the window & go all stabby on a poor innocent baby?!
Just thank god the baby wasn't killed! Usually these psychos have that drugged-out/schizo super-strength going on!:eek::zombie:

Who the fuck wanders around a highway? Lunatics, that's who.

wonder if they originally thought this guy was approaching the car to offer help-

Yeah, but wouldn't he have had a car then? I know if some fucking weirdo comes walking up to me on the side of the road and he has no car around, I am grabbing the bat.

I am thinking how could all these adults not stop him before he could attack anyone?

I can answer that personally, we did see him coming and fast. He made himself known right away when he came over the medium making weird sounds and swinging the weapon the attack was less then five minutes. It could of been anyone

@Charlene Roberts
First off, I am so sorry to hear you were a victim of this man. How unbelievably frightening!

Second, please don't take offense. People have opinions and express speculation based on nothing more than what the media tells us.

Most importantly, can you tell us how mom and baby are doing?

What the fuck GOD....He crossed all lanes of traffic to get there and stab a fucking baby and you couldn't have sent a car along the highway to take him out before he got there....oh...I am mad at you now.....Furious!

Thank you we are doing good Abel is healing fast and loves all the extra attention. He has had plenty of warm and loving people around to help him forget the bad memory's. And i should of known some people would say if i was there it would of been different but Nicholas was not there that night either. I have never seen eyes like that.

Thank you we are doing good Abel is healing fast and loves all the extra attention. He has had plenty of warm and loving people around to help him forget the bad memory's. And i should of known some people would say if i was there it would of been different but Nicholas was not there that night either. I have never seen eyes like that.
I just don't even have words for how traumatizing and terrifying that must have been for all of you!! He sounds down right possessed! I know I speak for everyone here when I say that we are incredibly happy that everyone (and especially little Abel) are recovering and safe now!

As @Forensicwx expressed, please take the aforementioned comments with a grain of salt. It's kind of the nature of this site for all of us to play detective and try to reason out what may have happened in these articles since we don't have much to go on initially.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We'd love to know how you are all doing as this progresses should you wish to share. I'm wishing for a speedy healing both inside and out for all of you.

As for this absolute psycho, I hope he'll receive a harsh sentence and be kept far away from the public so he can NEVER harm anyone again!

Who the fuck wanders around a highway? Lunatics, that's who.

Yeah, but wouldn't he have had a car then? I know if some fucking weirdo comes walking up to me on the side of the road and he has no car around, I am grabbing the bat.

I am thinking how could all these adults not stop him before he could attack anyone?

Exactly!he had time to break not one but TWO windows and get to the baby.also the article says the three adults exited the vehicle to get to that weirdo..to stop him...then the responding police officers see him kneeling over the belongings of the family he asaulted burning them...why on earth would all that stuff end up out of the car????!!!I could see maybe one or two things accidently thrown during the struggle but not all that stuff in the picture.i think maybe they were kinda camping there(especially being out at that time?with everything else it stands out)and I don't see how the adults are going to change a tire sitting inside the vehicle.many questions...?

Exactly!he had time to break not one but TWO windows and get to the baby.also the article says the three adults exited the vehicle to get to that weirdo..to stop him...then the responding police officers see him kneeling over the belongings of the family he asaulted burning them...why on earth would all that stuff end up out of the car????!!!I could see maybe one or two things accidently thrown during the struggle but not all that stuff in the picture.i think maybe they were kinda camping there(especially being out at that time?with everything else it stands out)and I don't see how the adults are going to change a tire sitting inside the vehicle.many questions...?

No we were not camping on the freeway. We had all our things in the trunk because we were moving from San Diego and the spare tire was at the bottom of all the stuff. Anything you won't to know please ask

Do we know if this stabby weirdo was on drugs or not? Also, I'm glad everyone made it out safe. I can only imagine how frightening this was!

How scary for you @Charlene Roberts !! So happy to hear Abel is on the mend! It boggles the mind how you can take every precaution to protect your loved ones, but all it takes is 5 mins for a crazed loon like Mr. Garcia to threaten to take it all away. Give Abel a snuggle from the folks at the DD. Here's hoping Mr. Garcia either gets the mental health help he so desperately needs, or the business end of a prison shank if that fails.

A man who attacked a family stranded alongside a freeway in Menifee, slashing an 18-month-old child without provocation, pleaded guilty today to attempted murder and was immediately sentenced to 15 years in state prison.

Nicolas Lopez Garcia, 44, was arrested in May following the assaults on northbound Interstate 215, just south of Newport Road.

Under the deal, Garcia admitted the attempted murder count, as well as two counts of assault with a deadly weapon and sentence-enhancing allegations of using a weapon in the commission of a felony and inflicting great bodily injury.

In exchange, the District Attorney’s Office dropped two other assault counts, and charges of attempted kidnapping, child abuse and resisting arrest against the defendant.

http://myvalleynews.com/local/breaking-menifee-man-pleads-guilty-to-roadside-attack-on-toddler/

Back