• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Killroy

The D'D Front Page
Melanie-Davis-125x188.jpg
HENDERSONVILLE, TN —
Police say that a teenager accused of murdering his mother not only smiled as he confessed, but that he told them he was smiling as he beat her to death.
The 15-year-old has been accused of beating his mother to death with a blunt object before trying to burn the house down with his 16-year-old brother still inside.
The older brother says that after a smoke alarm woke him up just after midnight Saturday morning, he ran to check on his mother, 46-year-old Melanie Davis. He would find her beaten to death in her bed. The boy ran from the home and went to a neighbor for help.
Dispatcher: “You need police, fire or medical?”
Neighbor: “I need both. The neighbor came across the street saying his mom is dead in the bed and it looks like a fire in the game room.”
Dispatcher: “Now is she for sure dead? Or do they think that?”
Neighbor: “I don’t know. I’m not going in the house until someone gets here. The 16-year-old son come running across the street crying and the alarm is going off in the house.”
The boy told responding police that he lived at the home with his mother and his 15-year-old brother who was missing.…

This article is from The Dreamin' Demon, the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

"Read the full Front Page article..."

OMG! this is messed up!!!!! and i feel so sorry for the older brother.... now he has no parents and his brother killed his mother... I guess it is just my sick curiosity but i would like to know what the older brother was doing when the younger brother was beating thier mother to death or was he even home... he stated his younger brother was missing..... this is sad on all kinds of levels.... my heart goes out to him, and now his mother may not have a burial... ugh... he probably has no home either now b/c i sure it will be tramatic to go back there... much less make the payments... and i don't know what is wrong with the younger one, but there had to be some sort of warning signs before this happened that things were off.....

I guess it is just my sick curiosity but i would like to know what the older brother was doing when the younger brother was beating thier mother to death or was he even home... QUOTE]

He was sleeping. He only woke up because of the fire and that is when he ran to his mom's room and found her dead.

The older brother says that after a smoke alarm woke him up just after midnight Saturday morning, he ran to check on his mother, 46-year-old Melanie Davis. He would find her beaten to death in her bed.

Experts say accused murderer's Facebook showed signs of trouble

The defense attorney of a Hendersonville teen accused of killing his mother and attempting to kill his brother has argued that anyone who would have met his client would have spotted red flags that indicated Zachary Davis was going through a difficult time prior to the August murder.

“In fact, I have no doubt about that,” said Randy Lucas during an interview after Sumner County Juvenile Court Judge Barry Brown ruled in September that Davis should be tried as an adult.

Two prominent child psychologists were asked by Sumner A.M. to examine the Facebook profile page of 15-year-old Davis, which despite being under the alias of “Alex Freeman” was confirmed by police to have belonged to Davis.

Dr. Susan Bartell, who is a child psychologist and the author of the Top 50 Questions Kids Ask books, said Davis’ Facebook page and his profile picture, which is a Japanese Anime image graphically depicting a man severing a girl’s head, would have concerned her.

“I’d be pretty worried,” she said. “If a parent came to me with this Facebook, I would evaluate the kid for suicidal and homicidal ideation (thoughts).”

Davis’ profile page also has several violent images posted throughout.

Dr. Ed Christophersen, a staff child psychologist at Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, Mo., said Davis’ Facebook would have certainly prompted clinical intervention.

“I would think that he was in serious need of psychiatric help,” he said.

Dr. Christophersen described Davis’ choice of imagery as “pathological” and would have told his parents to “make an appointment with a mental health professional immediately.”

Davis is currently at the Rutherford County Juvenile Detention facility in Murfreesboro and is expected to stay there throughout the remainder of court proceedings. According to District Attorney Ray Whitley, Brown wants Davis to be treated legally as an adult but custodially as a child.

Davis is reported to have admitted to killing his mother, Melanie Davis, with a sledgehammer while she was sleeping around midnight Aug. 10 and then setting the house on fire with gasoline and whiskey as accelerants while his older brother slept in his room. His brother was awoken by the smoke alarm and, unharmed, fled the house. Davis was found about six hours later, miles away from home in Gallatin with a letter in which he confessed to killing his mother and “leaving his brother to burn in the fire that he started,” according to an affidavit.

Whitley is expecting Davis will be indicted by a Sumner County grand jury on the three charges he is currently facing, first-degree murder, criminal attempt to commit first-degree murder and aggravated arson,with an announcement of the indictment possible this week.

Lucas has called his client a “victim,” indicating that Davis was raped when he was younger and that having to watch his father die of Lou Gehrig's Disease five years earlier was very traumatic for him. Lucas said that Davis’ pleas for help were ignored by his mother and the Sumner County school system. Even if he had not said anything, anyone who would have met Davis would have known something was wrong, Lucas argued.

“His entire demeanor, his way of speaking, his total isolation from people; he had no friends, he had no extracurricular activities – all of those things I would think were markers of someone who is at least, particularly a child, who is at least having some difficulty that might benefit from intervention,” Lucas said.
[...]
http://www.tennessean.com/viewart/2...used-murderer-s-Facebook-showed-signs-trouble

Last edited:
Zachary Davis was 15 years old when he bludgeoned his mother to death with a sledgehammer while she slept, then set the house on fire in an attempt to kill his older brother. In an exclusive jailhouse interview, Davis, who was sentenced to life in prison for his 2012 crimes, reveals to Dr. Phil what he claims led him to kill his mom, what went through his mind before he hit her approximately 20 times while she slept in her bed, and why he laughed while doing it.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/22/zachary-davis_n_7418710.html?utm_hp_ref=crime&ir=Crime

Those eyes, but mostly that voice, just scared the hell out of me. Utterly visceral feeling of the need to get away from him, and I'm just looking at him on a screen This is one of those rare occasions when you can see the wrongness writ large.

He makes Hannibal Lecter look like Santa Claus. I want to go to my happy place now. *cries* :nailbiting:

Zachary Davis was creepy, too. :muted:

:jawdrop: Holy shit Batman, he giggles while he talks about the wet, thumping noise the first hit made.
I couldn't even imagine him being in my pod. Seriously. :bag::nailbiting::nailbiting::bag::eek:

Like @McDanel said, he creeps me the hell out from behind my screen. How would u like to have that dude end up as your cellie? :dead:

That has to be the creepiest thing I've ever saw. Giggling when thinking about the sound the sledgehammer made when it hit his mother's head! His body language and he way he moves his mouth is super strange too!

I can't believe he just woke up that day and became the guy who would kill his mother, he had to be exhibiting some wierd ass behaviors before that.

I hope he never ever gets out. He is proud of what he did. He is really off mentally. He has dead evil eyes.

Fuck this dick. I've spent enough time pissed off today so I'm not watching the video. That being said fuck this little shit head. She wasn't taking care of the family? Were you fed? Clothed? Little shit head must really enjoy prison to think the murder of his mom is something to laugh about. I hope he's laughing cos the ghost of his mom has haunted him everyday since he killed her.

Holy fuck. He's out of his fuckn mind. I can't believe he laughs when he mentions the first hit being "wet" I'm not a fan of kids getting life sentences but I doubt he can be rehabbed. How sad. I wonder if there was any signs!?

Fuck this dick. I've spent enough time pissed off today so I'm not watching the video. That being said fuck this little shit head. She wasn't taking care of the family? Were you fed? Clothed? Little shit head must really enjoy prison to think the murder of his mom is something to laugh about. I hope he's laughing cos the ghost of his mom has haunted him everyday since he killed her.

Of course anyone who would do that is crazy and sick ..just evil..BUT this guy really does have true mental problems..he hears his dad talk to him (he is dead ) dr phil said the head nodding and giggles are all signs of some mental disorder ..i think he was going for schizo...but because he had not actually done the diagnosis process on the guy, dr phil did not say exactly what his prognosis is..:laser:..shoot him ..you cant fix this kind of crazy..

Last edited:
i think what bothered me the most was the fact that voice and manner never changed from the first police interview at 15 to the dr. phil interview at 17. and considering he has been locked up the entire time, you know he has been medicated the entire time. so who the hell knows what is really wrong with this kid, it could be mental illness, could be brain damage? however, i do not think it was an act.

He says his brother molested him, and the brother denied it...well of course he denied it.
I lost my father in law to ALS....Fucking brutal, hideous disease. No Dad to talk to about a brother who I would believe made him suck his cock or something before I would believe that he didn't...because we read enough stories here to know that happens. A Mom he couldn't turn to because he really believed at the time that she wouldn't help him. That's fucked up....Moms are supposed to help...This me thinking that if I was THAT Mother, and my kid bashed my head in with a sledge hammer...that on some level, I would have deserved it.

The 'lil smartass brought his best "Slingblade" impression to keep from laughing throughout the interview.

Oh my goddddd! This was the first thing that came to me as well. LOL. I was like..is he acting or is he for real? Fucking loonie tune. His lips were all gross and what i don't understand is why are they even wondering if he is a fuckin nutjob?
It's MORE than obvious ! WOW.
If that was my son i would make sure he never ever is set free.

He's obviously very disturbed. Couldn't listen to much of it - just too weird and sad. I wonder if he was that obviously disturbed before he killed his mother?! I haven't read about him, so for all I know he may have been in psychiatric care, or committed at one time - it seems obvious now. . . but from listening to him or just looking at him in the video, it seems like it would be hard to miss.

He says his brother molested him, and the brother denied it...well of course he denied it.
I lost my father in law to ALS....Fucking brutal, hideous disease. No Dad to talk to about a brother who I would believe made him suck his cock or something before I would believe that he didn't...because we read enough stories here to know that happens. A Mom he couldn't turn to because he really believed at the time that she wouldn't help him. That's fucked up....Moms are supposed to help...This me thinking that if I was THAT Mother, and my kid bashed my head in with a sledge hammer...that on some level, I would have deserved it.
not that i think that bashing someones head in is a good idea (at least not while they are sleeping), i agree.

I'm sorry, but i would have sledge hammered the molesting pos brother before i would beat on moms. ijs. I would have had great pleasure in taking a sledgehammer to big bro's face if the allegations are true

Back