• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Wow, so I read the whole opinion. I cannot believe this bitch has the nerve to try and appeal her parental rights being terminated, I mean WTF??? Also, I noticed the little boy that died and the new baby HAD THE SAME NAME?? WTF is up with that, was she literally trying to replace the baby that died? That makes me so sad that they were too fucking stupid to even think of a name for the second baby boy..they went with the same name...

Although, I am wondering if EITHER of these kids really had names. They were both born at home without birth certificates. So whose to say that they were named at all? Maybe the asshats had to think really quick of a name while they were being interrogated, to act like they actually gave a fuck (even though it is obvious they didn't). The only name they could think of was the same name they named the 1 month old, Allyson was probably the name of one of her cellmates...they didn't give a fuck enough about these kids to name them I bet.

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/crib-daughter-may-testify-vs-parents
LOUCESTER, Va. (WAVY) - Next week, one of the most gruesome child neglect cases in Hampton Roads history will play out in a Gloucester County courtroom.

Brian and Shannon Gore face felony child neglect and aggravated malicious wounding charges for keeping their then 6-year-old daughter locked up in a crib made into a cage. Investigators say the Gores starved their daughter who was found in April 2011.

Shannon Gore's attorney Ron Smith is calling for the victim, now 8 years old and living with foster parents, to testify.

Well, it wouldn't be so shocking if they hadn't done that to her in the first place, would it? Ron Smith is an ASS! Holding the "right to have her speak" over a JURY trial? What is he so afraid of? What a douche.

I wonder if she is able to testify. It would be nice to know how she is progressing in the hands of a loving family.

Same. What I have gathered is she is overweight, according to Ron Smith. Prosecution says she suffers from brain atrophy stemming from abuse. :-(

I don't know how well she will be able to testify and that she is able to face those monsters. Ugh.

Brian Gore, Shannon Gore, sentenced for keeping child in cage

STILL NOTHING

GLOUCESTER, Va. (AP) - A sentencing hearing is set for a Gloucester County couple convicted of keeping their daughter in a makeshift cage.

Continue reading

Media outlets report that Brian and Shannon Gore each face up to life in prison. They're scheduled to be sentenced Monday afternoon in Gloucester County Circuit Court.

The Gores had pleaded guilty in March to felony child abuse charges. They also entered Alford pleas on aggravated malicious wounding charges. That means they didn't admit guilt but agreed that evidence was strong enough to convict them.

[...]
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/0...entenced-for-keeping-child-in-cage-89910.html
Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/0...eeping-child-in-cage-89910.html#ixzz2Vps5Pj3H
Follow us: @ABC7News on Twitter | WJLATV on Facebook

The parents of a girl kept in a makeshift cage for as much as several years were each sentenced to 30 years in prison on Monday in Gloucester County Circuit Court.

Brian Gore and Shannon Gore will receive credit for time served — a little more than two years — after Judge R. Bruce Long sentenced them to 10 years in prison on child abuse convictions and 20 years in prison on aggravated malicious wounding convictions.

The Gores were facing maximum sentences of life in prison on the aggravated malicious wounding convictions. They received the maximum penalty for the child abuse convictions.
http://www.dailypress.com/news/crim...ore-sentencings-0610-20130610,0,6206232.story

The Gloucester County judge presiding over this case said he considered factors such as the care the parents provided their daughter prior to the abuse and their lack of previous criminal histories when he determined their sentences.

The judge also said this case was the worst case of child abuse he had seen during his 15 years on the bench. He likened the child’s emaciated body to that of a Nazi concentration camp prisoner.

Shannon Gore offered no real explanation for the abuse, only to say she “lost the ability to see things clearlyâ€￾ after the death of another child. She said she missed her children and apologized to her daughter (who is about to turn nine years old).

Brian Gore apologized to the community and said he never should have let the abuse happen.
http://wtvr.com/2013/06/10/gore-30-year-sentence/

Mention the Gore name around here and smiles vanish. Few people want to talk about the couple who thrust this small town into national headlines two years ago.
[...]

“In my 22 years of law enforcement,â€￾ Sheriff Darrell Warren said, “this is one of the worst things I’ve ever seen. It was definitely the talk of the town.â€￾

Not anymore – at least not to outsiders. When asked, most folks mumble a word or two – “horrible … terribleâ€￾ – before skittering away.

“No one knows what to say,â€￾ said Karen Arey, who runs the Wisteria Lane antique shop on Main Street. “It’s just a shame we don’t know our neighbors better these days.â€￾

When horrors are uncovered next door, there’s not just shock, but a sense of collective embarrassment, even guilt.

“Like those three women who were held captive in that man’s basement for 10 years,â€￾ Arey said, recalling the recent case in Cleveland. “And the neighbors never knew. It doesn’t seem possible, but it happens.â€￾

Allison’s abuse went on for as long as five years in the close quarters of Waterview Mobile Home Park. What makes her story even stranger is that, apparently, no one except her parents knew she – or the child buried in the yard – ever existed.

Family and friends say the couple concealed those pregnancies, though it’s unclear why or how. Both children were born at home. Neither had a birth certificate, nor had ever been seen by a doctor.

A third child – he’s now a toddler – wasn’t hidden and appeared to be well cared for when sheriff’s deputies stumbled upon Allison during an unrelated search of the Gores’ home in April 2011.
[...]

Brian, then 29, and Shannon, then 24, told deputies their daughter, born in 2004, had Down syndrome and cerebral palsy, and had been locked up because she was disruptive. They left her at home alone while they went to work – Shannon at Bojangles’ and Brian as a heating and air-conditioning technician. The food they placed in her cage – Pop-Tarts, frozen dinners – tapered off as the years went by.

Doctors at Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters in Norfolk, where Allison was taken after being found, estimated she was within a week of dying, according to a report in the Daily Press.

The child buried in the yard was less fortunate. After the couple’s arrest, Brian Gore told deputies that a baby born in 2007 had died, he said, after having trouble breathing. Instead of calling for help, the father buried the boy in a wooden box.
[...]

Court reports say that Allison and her younger brother have been adopted by different families, and that the girl has gained weight.

In an email, Brian Decker, the attorney appointed as Allison’s guardian ad litem, would only give a glimpse of her today:

“Allison is fortunate to have found the family that she’s with. She is doing as well as you can expect a child to do considering what her parents put her through. She is with a very loving family that puts her interests first.â€￾

Last week, in the mobile home park where Allison once lived, kids bounded off an afternoon school bus, skipping toward waiting moms. The Gores’ old lot remains empty, their trailer long since towed away. The family who lives next door didn’t want to talk about the former neighbors.

Back on Main Street, a shopkeeper at a stationery store spoke for many in Gloucester:

“You don’t want to know what I think,â€￾ she said. “You couldn’t print it.â€￾
http://hamptonroads.com/2013/06/abuse-case-still-leaves-gloucester-residents-speechless

Good sentences, generally. I hope they serve the full time, but that may be too much to hope for considering "their lack of previous criminal histories". Like in a child abuse case that is any indication of their innocence or good character. Besides, they had a litany of criminal acts that were involved in the abuse IMO: neglect, kidnapping, imprisonment, abuse of a corpse and multiple counts. Then again, I remember that the reason the police found the child was because they were investigating some kind of fraud/theft thing the couple was accused of perpetrating. Was that dropped?

Also in regard to the infant's remains. "5/28/14 UPDATE: Brian and Shannon Gore were served with direct indictments alleging one count each of Felony Child Neglect and Felony Homicide."

I don't have the patience to go back and read the whole thread. But I don't remember if they gave a COD of baby boy. I know that Shannon or Brian or both had some excuse as to how it happened, but was there an official COD?

I don't have the patience to go back and read the whole thread. But I don't remember if they gave a COD of baby boy. I know that Shannon or Brian or both had some excuse as to how it happened, but was there an official COD?

If there is, it hasn't been released yet. They were indicted today so it may be a day or so before it's released. It's local for me-- and a huge headline so I'll keep an eye on it.

A "phobia" prevented him from giving CPR to the son he smothered? That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read, and I've read some really fucked up shit.

Girl Found Covered In Feces In Cage
April 29 2011

http://www.fox43tv.com/dpps/news/local/girl-found-covered-in-feces-in-cage_3797180
2hy8od5.jpg

Deputies said Brian Gore, 29, was charged with felony child abuse. Shannon Gore, 25, was charged with felony child abuse and attempted capital murder.
I dont think hes still out on bond or not for much later

BREAKING NEWS: Deputies find body of young child buried near home of couple accused of child abuse
http://www.wtkr.com/news/wtkr-gl-couple-abuse,0,7307765.story?track=rss
She has that dead meth hillbilly stare and he looks like chester the molesters fat twin.

Another GREAT example of shit that goes on forever and a day in the fucking trailer parks!!!!

It's not the trailer parks honey...it's the people who live in them.

Lots of fine people live and grow up in trailer parks, also a lot of shit trash. It's all about choices.<3

Update from May 22:
The murder charges against Brian & Shannon Gore for the death of their 7mo son (who was found buried under the shed in 2011) were dismissed by the judge for 'lack of evidence'!? However, they were found guilty of felony child abuse & they both face an additional 10 yrs.

Gloucester parents found guilty of child abuse; murder charges dismissed

Brian and Shannon Gore, the Gloucester parents ... were found guilty of felony child abuse Friday for their treatment of their 7-month-old son, whose remains were found buried under a shed on their property.

Gloucester County Circuit Court Judge William Hamblen dismissed murder charges against the Gores. Hamblen said there was not enough evidence to connect the child's death to the prosecution's claim that the parents caused it by not properly feeding him.

According to a baby book that investigators found in the Gores' trailer home, Connor Scott Gore was born at home secretly in August 2007, weighing 6 pounds 3 ounces. Hamblen said photographs entered as evidence in the trial showed that the infant was gaining some weight. He said photos taken in the last few weeks of his life showed "marked improvement in nutrition."
[...]
Expert witness Douglas Owsley...testified Tuesday that the 7-month-old boy suffered from the worst case of chronic malnutrition he had ever seen.

Although he did not determine a cause of death for the baby, he said he believed the child was not getting enough to eat. He said the child's brittle bones showed that.

[...] had found indications of scurvy and rickets in the child's bones. Both cause vitamin deficiencies. Ross said there were no signs of stunted growth in the remains of the child and no indication of a lack of calories.

Michael Hyman, defense counsel for Brian Gore, said that the difference of opinions meant the court could not rely on either expert. He said the Gores cared for their child and were distraught when he died.:wtf:

"We don't know what Connor Gore died of," Hyman said. "I don't know that we will ever know."

Hyman offered a theory that the loss of the baby resulted in the mistreatment of their older daughter because the parents never got over losing him.:wtf::wtf::wtf:
[...]
Smith argued that the couple should have called for help the day he died but neglected to do so, going about their daily lives.

"They may have loved their children but the evidence has shown they loved themselves more," Smith told the judge. "When the child died they covered it up. ... It took both of them in order to make this child and both of them to break him."
[...]
Hamblen set sentencing on Friday's convictions for July 22. The charge carries a maximum sentence of 10 years in jail.

Smith said outside court on Friday that "this was a difficult case to prove."

"We knew that when we charged it, but you don't just try the easy cases, you try the cases that need to be tried," Smith said. "At the end of the day, this case is not about me — it's about Connor Scott Gore, the baby under the shed, and he got his day in court."
http://www.dailypress.com/news/gloucester-county/dp-nws-mid-gores-trial-day4-20150522-story.html

Baby Connor may have gotten his day in court, but unfortunately he didn't get the justice he deserved :(
They starved him to death, his bones proved that. And had little Allison not been found when she was, she would have starved to death too-- another victim of these selfish monsters!

there was not enough evidence to connect the child's death to the prosecution's claim that the parents caused it by not properly feeding him.
But yet:

Expert witness Douglas Owsley...testified Tuesday that the 7-month-old boy suffered from the worst case of chronic malnutrition he had ever seen.

Is it just me or are judges getting stupider and stupider by the day?

These two motherfucking pieces of shit are guilty of so many wrongs they both need to be locked up forever, mainly to increase their chances of being murdered in prison. Hopefully, we won't have to wait too long.

there was not enough evidence to connect the child's death to the prosecution's claim that the parents caused it by not properly feeding him.
But yet:
Momzilla said: ▲
Is it just me or are judges getting stupider and stupider by the day?

Right?! That's what confuses/infuriates me about the judges decision- and he didn't bother to elaborate other than to say "lack of evidence"! The same evidence that he believed was sufficient to prove that they abused their son through chronic starvation, is the same evidence that he claimed was insufficient to prove his death was a homicide.

And it's not like the monsters' story is something totally different,(like a stranger broke in & killed him)-- No, they say that one day he was just dead in his crib. And that is probably what would happen when you've starved your baby to death-- one day, his little body would not be able to fight anymore & you would find him dead.

So what is the big leap in the judge's mind between: they chronically starved him his whole life & they chronically starved him his whole life & that's why he died?! JSMH

While executing a search warrant of mother’s home on April 28, 2011, in connection with an unrelated burglary, police found “a naked, emaciated [six-and-one-half-year-old] female child [G.F .] covered in feces . . . caged inside a crib.”1 The “crib was covered by a wooden cover which had boxes stacked on top of it” preventing G.F . from getting out. The legs of the crib had been removed, and there was no mattress inside. G.F . “was unable to extend her legs” and sat “in a contracted position with her knees [against] her chest.”2 G.F . had red spots on her bottom caused by her heels being forced under her body. The crib contained feces “one to two inches deep” in places and “sippy cups” with the remains of soured milk, several empty black food trays from prepared frozen dinners, and a few toys, which were “filthy.”
G.F . was extremely thin, her skeletal bones were prominently visible, and her hair was matted, brittle, and falling out in clumps. G.F .’s body was covered in feces, her skin appeared to be peeling, she had an excessive amount of ear wax outside of her ears, and her fingernails and toenails were extremely long and contained feces.Police arrested mother and her husband, Brian Gore (father), and GDSS immediately removed the children.

The nerve to appeal her TPR for the little girl she almost killed. The whole document is just infuriating.

Honestly, no one is the biological family of either of these degenerates should have ever been considered resources for these children.

I hope the little girl is doing well and is in a place where she is loved and protected.
1667852937819.png

Two faces that deserve to wake up to a baseball bat everyday.

1667853012583.png

1667853079740.png

Regarding the deceased boy
Media outlets report that Gloucester Circuit Judge William Hamblen sentenced Brian Gore on Wednesday to 10 years in prison with all but 57 months suspended for child abuse and neglect. Gore's wife, Shannon Gore, received a 10-year sentence with all but 36 months suspended.

Authorities found the 7-month-old boy's remains under a shed at the couple's residence in Gloucester, Virginia, in 2011 — during an investigation for holding their daughter in a makeshift cage.

Both Brian Gore and Shannon Gore were convicted of child abuse and malicious wounding in the daughter's case and sentenced to 30 years in prison after pleading guilty.

Before the sentencing came down, both Shannon and Brian Gore made their final plea to the judge.

"I would like to express remorse for my son. If I knew then what I know now, I would have done things differently," Shannon cried. "There is never a day in my life I don't miss him."

"I truly wish I had acted differently," Brian Gore read from a pre-written statement. "I didn't do right by my son. I pray one day God will allow me to rejoin him and for His forgiveness."

Did they apologize to Allison - from the appeal

Medical staff at CHKD indicated “that it was likely that [G.F .] would not have survived more than a week longer in the condition she was found.” Medical personnel worked to have G.F . “ walking before [her] discharge” fr om the hospital. While there, G.F . was able to “move herself 2-3 feet distances in a duck-like manner, with her legs still constricted against her chest.” Moreover, since her removal, G.F . has begun improving her ability to speak. Her “knowledge base is equivalent to an 18-24 month old child.”

Last edited:
Back