• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.fox4news.com/story/29104603/bystander
7810047_G.jpg

LARGO, Florida (FOX 13) -A bank robber in Pinellas County learned the hard way that crime never pays, when his attempted robbery was foiled by a local MMA instructor and business owner.

Eric Haritakis, nicknamed the 'Ginja Ninja' by friends for his red hair and swift moves, was at the Grow Financial Federal Credit Union on Friday to make a deposit for his health food delivery company, Zen Body Foods, when a man robbed one of the tellers.

"The teller was empty. She yelled to the other woman across the bank, 'Hey, that guy just robbed me'…and I just kind of ran out of the door," Haritakis recalled.

Surveillance video from a neighboring UPS Store showed Haritakis sprinting after the suspect. Haritakis chased the man, later identified as 31-year-old Michael Jon Neubecker, around the side of the building.

"I don't really know what I was thinking at that time. I just kind of went for it. I figured if he had a weapon, he probably would have pulled it out at that point," Haritakis continued.

Several minutes later, shoppers and store employees saw Haritakis guiding Neubecker back to the front of the bank.
[....]
Haritakis held Neubecker on the ground until police arrived. He described 'hog-tying' the man in order to hold him still.

"I asked the UPS people if they had zip ties. They didn't have zip ties, but the place next door had duct tape," said Hartikas.

What he did not realize in the moment was that a serial bank robber, armed and dangerous, had hit at least eight banks from Pinellas to Pasco County over the last few months.

The FBI and Fifth Third Bank are offering a reward totaling $20,000 for an arrest in those cases.
[....]

There's a slide show and video at the link. And, of course, he doesn't consider himself a hero. Real heroes never do.

Score one for Eric the red!!!

I'm not normally a "ginja" kind of gal, but he's a bit of a cutie! :D

The FBI and Fifth Third Bank are offering a reward totaling $20,000 for an arrest in those cases.

Any update on whether this guy got paid, or did the gov't and scumbag bank decide to be dishonest fucks.

This guy is a fucking jackass. I'd give him a pass if he knew about the reward, but it doesn't appear that he did. Running after some robber for no reason whatsoever is fucking stupid. Banks are insured, they got deep pockets, this guy stealing a few thousand bucks, if that, isn't going to put a dent in their bottom line or harm any one elses savings.

I was thinking the same. He is cute. I'll holla lmao. Good on him for saving the day. Free drinks for him for awhile I bet.

Right! I'm just the next county over, I'd totally buy him a drink and congratulate him on a job well done!

Back