• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
nozqtw.jpg

A woman descending a flight of stairs in an upper Manhattan apartment building died in a freak accident Thursday evening — slipping out a window by the staircase and plunging to her death, cops said.

The tragedy happened at about 8:30 p.m. as the unidentified woman was on a staircase in an Inwood apartment building.

She somehow slipped between the sixth and fifth floors and tumbled out an open window.

First responders found her at the rear of the building and declared her dead.

http://nypost.com/2015/05/22/woman-dies-after-slipping-down-stairs-and-out-open-window/

A 67-year-old slipped while walking down a flight of stairs in an apartment building on Sherman Avenue in Inwood. Then she fell out an open window in the stairwell.

The window was five stories up.

http://7online.com/news/police-woman-falls-down-stairwell-out-window-in-freak-accident/735611/

I lived in a six floor apartment with casement windows and no screens! This was legit my worst fear. I had kids in that fucker for three months and all I could think of was Eric Claptons kid.

Fuck this whole story.

Sorry...I wouldn’t call it a freak accident. It was an accident waiting to happen.

Woman dies after falling down stairs and out apartment window

7867704_G.jpg

The NYPD said the victim slipped, fell on the stairs and out an open window on the fifth floor. Police are calling it a freak accident.

NEW YORK (WCBS/CNN) - The fifth-floor window was covered over and equipped with a window guard Friday at an apartment building in the Inwood section of Manhattan.

Thursday night, 67-year-old Francisca Fernandez was found lifeless on the ground outside the building right below the window, having plunged five stories straight down.

"Boom, when I see from the window, I see the lady downstairs, I call police," Sonia Rodriguez said.

The NYPD said the victim slipped, fell on the stairs and out an open window on the fifth floor. Police are calling it a freak accident. Photos taken right after the woman fell show no protective guards in the fifth-floor window Thursday night.

"The victim was apparently visiting someone on the sixth floor when she was taking the stairs back to her son's apartment on the fifth floor and then fell out the window," a NYPD spokesperson said.

As police returned to the scene of the horrendous fall, the city's health department, responsible for window guards, stated, "If there were children under the age of 10 living in the building, there should have been guards on the windows."

---

In such cases it is the responsibility of the property management companies and owners to understand the risk of injury and death to occupants, children and visitors alike. They have an obligation to the people that live in these building to ensure safety. Read more HERE.

I knew it! If one of my kids had fallen out the window I'd have owned that building. Fuckers.

That is just so unfortunate :/
I feel for her Family.
What a FUCKED UP way to go....

Back