• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I understand that parking is serious business in densely-populated urban areas (like where I live) and apartment complexes with not quite enough spaces for tenant's cars, but a suburban strip mall?! Sure, the lot's not HUGE, but it appears adequate for an event where nearly everyone was on a motorcycle, which generally takes up much less parking space than a car.

Nope. Nothing but asshole behaviour. Someone was spoilin' for a fight, and got one a whole lot bigger than he bargained for. Hope the fucker's happy.

FYI, the phrase "fuck mook" does not actually turn up in the search, which was one reason I was asking.
Right? And finding out the definition of "mook" did nothing to aid our understanding of Cbaby's original post. Context, @Malodorous , was what we needed, not google.

Also on Tuesday, experts revealed that confrontation between the Cossacks and the Bandidos - the two main gangs involved in the shooting - had been simmering for months when one biker's foot was apparently run over by a rival in a restaurant parking lot.

Police said the injury to the biker's foot is thought to have sparked the shootout when the rivals faced off at a gathering at a so-called 'breastauraunt'.

And Edward Winterhalder, a former member of the Bandidos who has written 10 books about biker gangs, told Daily Mail Online that the feud began when the Cossacks angered their rivals by putting a Texas patch on a territory-claiming part of their vests known as the 'bottom rocker' a year ago.

'The Cossacks decided they were big enough and strong enough,' he said. 'The Bandidos told them to take it off but they didn't back down.'

The Bandidos, who formed in Texas in 1966, have long dominated the territory over the Cossacks, who formed there three years after their rivals. There are now around 200 Cossacks in the area and 150 Bandidos, but the Bandidos have many more support biker groups than their rivals, he said.

Despite the long-standing tension, Winterhalder said he did not believe either gang had planned Sunday's clash.

'It got out of control in the moment,' he said. 'I don't know if we'll ever know who's to blame.'
[...]
The Bandidos are the biggest motorcycle gang in Texas, and they don't allow other motorcycle gangs to enter that state,' the informant, known as 'Charles Falco', told CNN. 'They will allow other motorcycles clubs to exist, but they're not allowed to wear that state bottom rocker. If they do, they face the onslaught of the Bandidos.

'The Cossacks decided that they were big enough now to go ahead and wear the Texas bottom rocker, and basically tell the Bandidos that they're ready for war.'

At a press conference on Tuesday, Police Sergeant Patrick Swanton said that authorities agree the fight was 'somewhat of a turf war'.

One group of biker members had planned to meet at the restaurant and several gangs were invited, he said. But an additional biker gang that was not invited also showed up, he said.

He added that there was also a disturbance in the parking lot as members arrived, and they are investigating whether someone's foot was run over by a car. Authorities previously said several witnesses told them that the brawl was sparked by an argument over a restaurant parking space, the Dallas Morning News reported.

But there were also crime scenes inside the restaurant, including in the bar area and the restroom.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-sparked-feud-rivals-wearing-Texas-badge.html

FYI, the phrase "fuck mook" does not actually turn up in the search, which was one reason I was asking.
I know. I was being deliberately unhelpful. ;) But it linked to UD's definition of "mook." I figured I knew what she meant, but didn't want to speak for her - couldn't resist the urge to throw out an obligatory lmgtfy.

I had trouble parsing that remark too, at first. "Mook" is definitely a new one for me. I figured it was another word for "idiot" and the "fuck" preceding it an addition denigrater, e.g. fuckhead, fucktard, fuckstick, etc. I guessed I was right, after googling it. I figured she meant what she said in reply to you - the "business" being that if the owners wanted to have a huge biker gang recruiting event at their business, it would've been responsible of them to close to the public and hold it as a private event, rather than exposing innocent bystanders/patrons to any potential violence that might (predictably?) ensue at such a gathering.

I might feel badly for the other patrons, but then... it is a Hooters knockoff, so... I just don't feel as badly, I guess.

In the rush to ditch their weapons, members of rivaling motorcycle gangs stashed knives, guns and blunt objects anywhere they could, including the blood splattered bathroom of a Waco, Texas restaurant, authorities said.

An arsenal of at least 1,000 weapons including an AK-47 were discovered stashed inside the trashed Twin Peaks “breastaurant” in the days that followed Sunday’s deadly gunfight, according to the Guardian.
[...]
Waco authorities had deemed the Twin Peaks restaurant uncooperative in putting a stop to the battle, effectively shutting the venue down as investigators searched the building for evidence.

Among their findings, a stockpile that is at least 10 times bigger than what Waco Police spokesman Sgt. Patrick Swanton initially estimated to reporters shortly after the chaotic battle unfolded. He had only seen a scattering of weapons, that included assault rifles in the parking lot near bodies of fallen bikers.

A toilet and bags of flour and tortilla chips are among the hidden caches, revealing concealed knives and guns, Swanton said.

The number of weapons have suggested to investigators that the gathering of competing gangs was no ordinary recruiting session, but a bloodbath waiting to happen, authorities believe.

“It goes to show the criminal intent,” Swanton said, according to the Waco-Tribune. He says it “indiciates to the public that these are not clubs, these are criminal gangs that came here with the intent or anticipation of violence.”

Police had also anticipated their violence based on a tip and stood by the restaurant in both uniform and undercover guises just in case. Regardless of their presence, a “turf war” brawl that started in the bathroom spilled out into the parking lot.
http://m.nydailynews.com/news/crime...apons-twin-peaks-restaurant-article-1.2229693

It's not over yet.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/21/us/texas-biker-shooting/
Bulletin warns Texas police of potential new threats from bikers
Texas law enforcement officials are investigating what they say are new threats against officers from biker gangs in the wake of a recent shootout in Waco.

Members of the Bandidos biker gang who are in the military "are supplying the gang with grenades and C4 explosives," according to a bulletin issued Thursday by the Texas Department of Public Safety and reviewed by CNN.

The bulletin warns of plots targeting high-ranking law enforcement officials and their families with car bombs. The bulletin is based on unsubstantiated information from an informant who claimed to have obtained it from Bandidos and Black Widows motorcycle gang members.

The Bandidos want to retaliate against police for shooting "their brothers" as they came out of the Twin Peaks restaurant, the bulletin says.

The gang has ordered a hit against Texas troopers and other officers, according to the bulletin. Among the threats are running over officers at traffic stops and the use of grenades and Molotov cocktails and firearms.

Since last week’s violence, Waco police have offered few conclusions in their investigation. But they have said that the violence was touched off when an uninvited group, presumed to be the Cossacks, showed up at a meeting of a larger confederation of motorcycle clubs dominated by the Bandidos.

In several interviews in recent days, the Cossacks rider offered a different story. He said the Cossacks were invited to the Twin Peaks patio that day — by a Bandido leader, who offered to make peace in a long-running feud between the two gangs. That invitation was a setup for an ambush, though, according to the Cossack. That’s why the dead included six Cossacks, one Scimitar (an ally of the Cossacks) and only two Bandidos.

The biker’s story could not be independently verified; most of those involved in the shootout are still in jail. But significant parts of his account square with police statements, as well as security camera videos obtained by The Associated Press.

The biker culture has unwritten rules that everybody in its world knows and has predictable consequences for stepping out of line.

So when a biker from the Bandidos, the oldest gang in Texas and one of the largest in the world, ran into a young Cossack in the Twin Peaks parking lot last Sunday, everyone knew what was coming. First words, then fists, then guns.
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/stat...tness-it-was-a-setup-from-start-to-finish.ece

I suggest reading the article. I only pasted a tiny piece of what's there. It gives what supposedly lead up to the incident in prior weeks and what happened during. This account is probably pretty close to how it really went down.

ETA: I read somewhere (wish I had saved the link), that the bikers are saying a fight started in the bathroom and spilled out into the parking lot. They admit there was a fight but that it was a knife fight, not guns. They claim the cops that were already on scene before hand fired into the fighting bikers. They say that's why almost all the dead died from head wounds or chest wounds.

Would explain why they have vowed vengeance on the police, but then you'd have to buy into the theory that it was a setup by police, it has happened in the past so who knows. The ATF now has 170+ bikes to sell, not including any cash, weapons or other items seized. Either way they put a huge dent into all the gangs.

Last edited:
WACO, Texas — No one will be convicted or otherwise held accountable for the 2015 shootout between rival biker gangs in Waco restaurant parking lot that left nine people dead and at least 20 injured, prosecutors in Central Texas said Tuesday.

In a statement announcing all charges will be dropped in the deadliest biker shooting in U.S. history, McLennan County District Attorney Barry Johnson said any further effort to prosecute the case would be a "waste of time, effort and resources."

"In my opinion, had this action been taken in a timely manner, it would have, and should have, resulted in numerous convictions and prison sentences against many of those who participated in the Twin Peaks brawl," Johnson said. "Over the next three years the prior district attorney failed to take that action, for reasons that I do not know to this day."
[....]
Law enforcement officials took the extraordinary step of arresting 177 bikers after the shooting, then charged 155 of them with engaging in organized criminal activity. Many were held on a $1 million bond.

Former District Attorney Abel Reyna ultimately dropped charges against all but 24 and re-indicted them on riot charges. Those were the cases that came to an end Tuesday.

Only one case was prosecuted in court and that ended in a mistrial.

More than 100 bikers have filed civil rights lawsuits alleging McLennan County, the city and others violated the plaintiffs' civil rights by arresting them without probable cause after the shooting.

"It's a travesty that so many people were rounded up and then investigated, instead of vice versa," Mark Snodgrass, president of the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, said Tuesday. "A lot of these people's lives were put on hold for four years."

In a statement, Reyna said he disagrees "with the overall result as well as several statements and accusations within Mr. Johnson's press release; however, it is solely his decision on how to proceed with any case in the District Attorney's Office."
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna990341

I lived most of my adult life in Waco -- I now live 20 miles outside it but still work there. This was a shit show from the get-go... (long story, but I actually drove past Twin Peaks on the highway overpass the day of...saw a ton of PD vehicles and bikes, guys lined up sitting in the grass cuffed... turned to hubby and rolled my eyes and said something along the lines of "Waco PD seems to be over-reacting to a bar fight. Must be a slow day."). My honest guess is that continuing to persue the matter is a blight on the city's "Fixer Upper" craze...tourism and property values are skyrocketing and redevelopment of areas is a big deal right now thanks to the show. They want to sweep this under the rug and make Waco seem like a fabulous place full of friendly people and Magnolia-owned businesses so people will move or visit here.

Disgusting no one was prosecuted

Because law enforcement definittely committed some clear, callous, blatant crimes that day. How no one in the law enforcement agencies involved is going to be punished for this is truly fucking shocking and inconcievable

At least the innocent citizenry will escape further victimization at the hands of the ignorant hick trash Texan govt.

Back