• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

amac

Trusted Member
Unbelievable!

NOTE: This is a new story and I searched for it on DD, but in the past I haven't had much luck with finding dupes, so if this is one I apologize in advance.

Warning! Video is disturbing:

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — A Florida dentist is accused of harming the most vulnerable of patients, young children. Meanwhile, he is accused of collecting millions of dollars in Medicaid payments for procedures that his patients didn’t need or want, according to CNN. [...]

Going to the dentist can be a terrifying experience for children, but some parents say they were horrified when they found out what happened to their kids at the hands of 78-year-old Howard Schneider.

For the past three weeks, there have been protests outside his Jacksonville practice. One patient was so angry that she was seen attacking him outside his office. However, Dr. Schneider says he has done nothing wrong.

The firestorm started after Brandi Motley wrote about the day she took her 6-year-old daughter, Briel, to the dentist to have one tooth pulled.

On the day of surgery, Motley says she was told that she could not sit with her daughter.

“The nurse suggested that it’s best, that kids act better when parents aren’t in the room. So they said, ‘We don’t like parents back here for the procedures,” said Motley.

Motley said she sat in the waiting room for three hours until the waiting turned to worrying.

“Finally, the nurse came and got me and she said there had been an incident. She was hyperventilating. She had marks all over her, blood all over her,” said Motley.

She was angry and unable to get a clear explanation of what happened, Motley says she and her daughter left and rushed to the emergency room.

“In the parking lot, she takes her gauze out and I notice that all of her teeth were gone,” said Motley.

Motley said Dr. Schneider had pulled not one tooth but seven. “What happened to all of her teeth?” Motley said. [...]

According to Motley, Briel says Dr. Schneider hit her and choked her.

Police were called twice and although department records indicate officers responded, Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office told CNN that “no report was written on this incident.”

“That’s when I decided to put her pictures on my Facebook and tell everybody what happened,” said Motley.

Her story went viral, and other parents started sharing their children’s horror stories.

“I kept reading and reading until the name Dr. Howard and I knew that was the same dentist,” said Amanda Barry.

Amanda Barry is deaf, and her 5-year-old son, Dominic, is blind in one eye. Barry says Dominic was referred to Dr. Schneider for a crown in March. Now, Dominic is part of a civil suit accusing Schneider of assault and battery.

According to the complaint, “two front teeth were removed for unknown reasons.”

The complaint also alleges that Dominic was “terrified and told stories of the dentist choking (him.)”

“I screamed for my mom,” Dominic said. [...]

Briel’s family was part of that same lawsuit, but has since withdrawn and filed a medical malpractice suit.

“Medicaid paid him per tooth. So, can I cap a tooth twice? Yes. Can I then pull it? Yes. Can I then successfully obtain benefits for all three? Absolutely,” said Gust Sarris, an attorney.

State records show that Schneider has received nearly $4 million in Medicaid reimbursements in the last five years.

The Florida Attorney General’s Office has launched a criminal Medicaid fraud investigation and is looking into claims that stretch back for decades. (WTF?!)

A 1995 malpractice suit was settled out of court, claiming Dr. Schneider unnecessarily placed 16 crowns in the mouth of a 3-year-old. (DOUBLE WTF?!)

[...]

“Somebody who is performing procedures that children don’t need, pulling teeth that he knows should be in the child’s mouth. In some cases, we even have where many procedures were done, except what they came in for,” said Sarris. [...]

According to a 2013 police report, the mother of a 5-year-old patient was allowed to sit with her daughter. She told officers that Schneider “grabbed her daughter’s face” and “slapped her face several times.”

However, the doctor denied those accusations and was not arrested.

Despite the investigation, Dr. Schneider is free to practice and his license is clear. [...]

Full article: http://foxct.com/2015/05/21/fla-dentist-accused-of-performing-unwanted-procedures-abusing-children/

Bastard - it was a sadistic fuck like this in South Africa that gave me my enormous fear of dentists. He'd drill on my brother and me with no Novocaine, for procedures it turned we never needed. I now have a mouth full of crowns and fillings because of that fucker! :punch::rage::punch::rage::punch:
AHHHHH!!!! :eek::nailbiting::jawdrop: That's horrible!!!! I'm so sorry you had to go thru something like that. Shit!! :wideyed:

Yes. This is my area. Believe me, it's been quite fascinating.
People are PICKETING the area.
I thought about meeting this guy face to face, but the parents are doing just fine.
More and more stories are popping up.

Yes. This is my area. Believe me, it's been quite fascinating.
People are PICKETING the area.
I thought about meeting this guy face to face, but the parents are doing just fine.
More and more stories are popping up.
Wow good to know! Please keep us posted, I'm quite interested to hear how this all goes down (or should I say how HE goes down). :blackeye: Hehe

Bastard - it was a sadistic fuck like this in South Africa that gave me my enormous fear of dentists. He'd drill on my brother and me with no Novocaine, for procedures it turned we never needed. I now have a mouth full of crowns and fillings because of that fucker! :punch::rage::punch::rage::punch:
Ooouuuccchhh!!! Wtf kind of dentist doesn't use novacaine?

Ooouuuccchhh!!! Wtf kind of dentist doesn't use novacaine?
Actually many dentists who work on kids. Not every child needs Novocain, it was never used on me as a child and hasn't been used on my kids either. Baby teeth don't have to strong root structure that adult teeth do and therefore for some children the drilling and filling isn't painful.

Not saying that this dentist did anything right rather just pointing out that Novocain isn't always used on children and it's not because the dentist is a sadist.

... is ... it ... safe...

... no I'm actually being a smart ass ... it's a movie quote. ;)
Oops, sorry. Having a terrible morning right now filled with numerous blonde moments. Just ignore me, eventually the massive amounts of caffeine will kick in.:oops:

Add me to the no anesthesia list (I think I mentioned him before (?). I swear the female bio idiot took me to the sadistic prick I had as a kid for fun. He sliced my gums open (2 front teeth wouldn't come down on their own - tough gums), did an extraction and half a dozen fillings w/no novo/xylocaine from 1st grade - age 12 and I bucked and screamed like he was killing me cuz it felt like he was. He had a seat belt harness on his dental chair, ffs.

My personal "standard protocol" for procedures included two injections of sodium pentothal - no pain killer, no gas, no knocking me out, let's just cram a couple of needles in her thigh to the bone and disable her while she stays fully awake so she can't keep jumping out of the chair, spitting out the mouth jack and running out the door.

Then, the bio unit actually took my 15 y.o. cousin who spent a summer with us to him b/c her teeth were so weak they'd break while she was eating (malnutrition). She hadn't lost any yet, but several were broken including a front tooth from biting into an apple instead of slicing it first. Diagnosis = full set of dentures.

I refused to go in b/c I hated his guts and sat in the car reading a book (around 10 y.o.) and the next time I saw my cousin, she came out the door, hunched over with a cloth rag so full of blood the front of her dress was soaked and she was in such pain she was staggering, leaning against the bio unit with full body tremors (still no bells/whistles going off, egg donor, or you enjoying the show with her, too?).

The cruel, sick sob had pulled (and dug) every single tooth out of her head one by one in the same visit and (you guessed it) with no anesthesia. I can still see her and her bloody, torn up mess of a mouth like it happened yesterday. And his name? Hand to the PTB - Dr. Dye. Can we say living on Instant Breakfast for a month and multiple ER visits for dry sockets? Ugh. I still hate going to the dentist.

Even with this, my horror story doesn't even begin to compare to what this little girl and his other patients went through. I thought my asshole was the Dr. Mengele of sadistic dentistry, but physical abuse/torture of children and systematically doing bullshit, extra procedures on top of pulling half a dozen teeth when it was supposed to be ONE? I'd completely lose my shit. Lose. My. Shit.

The Medicaid fraud doesn't surprise me, it's the pure, unmitigated gall and cruelty to children involved in one of the most highly dreaded, potentially painful (old school) medical fields we have to utilize in the first place. And, apparently, he's got some kind of God complex b/c he doesn't even try to hide his child abuse and savage malpractice, but for that f**king bitch of a cohort, partner in crime dental nurse/dental assistant he's got as his f**king guard dog! S/he's worse than he is, IMO.

There's waaaay too many wonderfully sharp and effective pointy things and electrical tools in his office for his own safety when he gets hold of the wrong patient. And, I hope the wrong patient makes an appt. really, really soon. :laser::troll:

Controversial Jax dentist previously sued in 1990s (VIDEO)

635659357141476797-dentist.PNG

Dr. Howard Schneider(Photo: FCN)

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — First Coast News has confirmed that state investigators have launched a Medicaid Fraud inquiry into the practice of controversial Jacksonville dentist Dr. Howard Schneider.

The State Attorney General's Office confirmed to First Coast News that a criminal investigation is active and ongoing, but would not comment further.

This investigation comes just days after protests began outside his office by parents who say the dentist was too forceful with their children.

"There's bumps and bruises and scrapes. The children tell some horrific stories." says attorney Gust Sarris, representing Brandi Motley, who claims her daughter was mistreated by Schneider.

"It's something I have to live with daily. Looking at her and now with this going on, it replays in my head.", Motley tells First Coast News.

Protesters have gathered outside the Schneider's University Boulevard office for three days, accusing him of mistreating patients. There have also been several claims against Schneider made on social media, including posts to the First Coast News Facebook page.

"I'm sure in my lifetime I've done something that is off color, but it ain't mistreat kids," said Dr. Schneider in an interview with First Coast News

The two times JSO was called to Dr. Schneider's office, both calls dealt with excessive use of force by the dentist to a young patient. Those calls came in 2001 and 2013.

The Duval County court website says two lawsuits were filed were filed back in 1995, both dealing with malpractice. We have not been able to obtain copies of those suits, but we know both were dismissed.

The Better Business Bureau and OSHA have no complaints on Dr. Schneider.

Still, JSO was at the office Wednesday morning to talk to protesters and Schneider himself.

"I'm not worried about the allegations because the allegations are not true," Schneider said. "Like I said you can come up with a dozen people who love to make trouble but you're not going to find it in this office."

There's one more agency that has jurisdiction and could get involved in all of this: the Florida Board of Dentistry.

We learned however the public won't know if they are involved because their investigation is confidential until a conclusion is reached.

"The Florida Department of Health and Board of Dentistry are the state agencies charged with initiating and leading investigations surrounding complaints," said Drew Eason, Executive Director of the Florida Dental Association. "Ultimately, the Board of Dentistry will make a decision on what action to take following an investigation."

FCN also reached out to Florida Department of Children and Families that issued this statement:

The Florida Department of Children and Families does have the legal authority to investigate abuse and neglect of children by parents, caregivers such as relatives, and teachers or school personnel. The law does not give DCF the authority to investigate allegations involving doctors or dentists. We would encourage parents to contact law enforcement or the appropriate regulatory agencies if they have concerns regarding their children in these settings.

FL dentist allegedly performed unwanted procedures, abused children (VIDEO)

7839475_G.jpg

One parent was so angry, she attacked him outside his office. (Source: WJXT/CNN)
The Florida Attorney General's office has launched a criminal Medicaid fraud investigation, and the claims stretch back decades.

A 1995 malpractice suit was settled out of court. It claimed Schneider unnecessarily placed 16 crowns in the mouth of a 3-year-old. The boy's family was paid $7,500 as part of the settlement agreement.

A second malpractice suit was filed that year. The documents from that case have been destroyed, and the outcome is unclear.

"Somebody who is performing procedures that children don't need, pulling teeth that he knows should still be in the child's mouth. In some cases, we even have where many procedures were done, except what they came in for," Sarris said.

Sarris said he represents Dominic and dozens of Schneider's former patients. This month, he filed the potential class action suit against Schneider on behalf of these children, claiming "patterns of abuse of his child patients" - an accusation that has been made before.

According to a 2013 police report, the mother of a 5-year-old patient was allowed to sit with daughter during a procedure. The mother told police Schneider grabbed her daughter's face" and "slapped her face several times." The officer acknowledged a "small scratch behind the victim's left ear."

Schneider denied touching the girl. He was not arrested. Instead, the officer referred the mother to the state attorney's office. Nurses who were in the room later "denied that anything inappropriate happened."

Prosecutors decided not to file charges because of an "improbability of conviction at trial."

CNN made no fewer than five calls to Schneider's office to arrange an interview. None were returned.

"They're not correct and that's it. I want to be left alone, OK?" Schneider said when asked in his practice's parking lot about the charges.

Despite the calls to police, the malpractice settlements and the fraud investigation, Schneider is still free to practice. His license is clear. According to the Florida Board of Dentistry, he's not been disciplined by the state.

For these parents, that's unacceptable. They want Schneider "to go to jail, to never work on any other kids, to shut his doors so he can never do this again."

Parents claim pediatric dentist has hurt children
WJAX-TV also reached out to the Florida Department of Health and received the following statement from a spokesperson:

“At this time Dr. Howard Schneider has a clear and active license as posted on our Medical Quality Assurance site. Further, there are specific statutory provisions in Section 456.073(2), Florida Statutes, that set out the procedures and time frame when a regulatory complaint becomes a public (vs. confidential) record. The statute provides that a complaint and investigative file remains confidential until 10 days after the probable cause panel of the individual’s regulatory board votes to find probable cause. If the panel votes not to find probable cause, then the file remains confidential and is never public. When a complaint against a health care practitioner licensed by the department becomes public it will be posted on the department’s license verification website: https://appsmqa.doh.state.fl.us/irm00Praes/PRASLIST.ASP#theBottom. According to this website, Howard S. Schneider (DN3412) has a Clear/Active license with no public complaints or discipline on file.”

A woman, who went to dental school and graduated in 1971, claims to have worked with Dr. Schneider. She told WJAX-TV Wednesday morning she was appalled by his actions, claiming to have seen him put them in a device similar to a straitjacket to keep them from flailing, him putting his hands over children’s mouths, plugging noses, and pulled teeth that didn’t need to be removed and saying “Oops.”

In a Southeastern Society of Pediatric Dentistry newsletter published in April 2008, Schneider wrote, “There is change in the 2008 parents in the philosophy of raising their children; There is change in the child who has a mind of his / her own; change in the laws in treatment of the child / changes in public attitude and their concerns and trust in the professions. All the child has to do is tell the parent “they hurt me.” Then you spend the next hour explaining why you helped him. The child of today is smart, manipulative, and, spoiled. They know how to work the system. Oh yes!” Click here to read the newsletter.

This is I found when I clicked on the the link listed above...

Alerts
Enforcement Alert
5/22/2015 2:59:50 PM
Voluntary Relinquishment Pending Board Action filed 5/22/2015.

He got off way too easy. Any board that allows psychopaths like these to practice is criminally negligent. But the one good thing here is this is Angela Corey's district and she can get at least some small measure of justice.

Pervs as well as sadists like this guy are the reason I never leave my girls alone with Doctors and so forth. My middle Daughters orthodontist keeps the doors to every room wide open, has a chaperone plus the parent in the room and CCTV cameras everywhere.

Gone are the days of the image that a person like a Dr or Cop were trusted above all others . Some People with positions of authority do mean and vile acts when alone with vulnerable children and they need the blind faith and trust of parents in order to do this .

If I was those parents I would hunt this old sicko down and pull what's left of his teeth out with rusty pliers, then write him a letter about how you just can't get oldies to take pain quietly anymore because theyre so spoiled , manipulative and smart, just like he viewed innocent children.

See how he likes it.

...she was appalled by his actions, claiming to have seen him put them in a device similar to a straitjacket to keep them from flailing, him putting his hands over children’s mouths, plugging noses, and pulled teeth that didn’t need to be removed and saying “Oops.”
Holy shit! What a sadistic nutter!! I do have to wonder whether she reported him though, and if not, why?! That bit he wrote for the newsletter... Unbelievable!!!! :mad: I wonder if he has kids of his own. I can't imagine this guy being a real peach of a dad growing up. :nailbiting:

Oh look, they'd already written a book about him...

2322239366_6e41ba3c7f_z.jpg

I'd missed these gems from one of the articles:
The parents say he told children to shut up if they ever wanted to see their parents again.
:wideyed: Totally normal thing for a dentist to say.
“The kind of defensive position is these are temporary teeth and going to the dentist is frightening and it is painful. But it’s not supposed to be traumatic where you have people in their 30s, 40s and 50s saying, ‘I remember Dr. Schneider, and I still have nightmares about him.’
:eek: At this point I think the only thing that could make this guy scarier is if he wore this...

Scary_b6ff65_48064.jpg

Drove this...

seattle_270_1.jpg

...and lived here.

a_aaa_At_home_to_the_dentist_proba.png

Back