• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Ex-convict who 'killed his girlfriend while out on bail, mutilated her body with jigsaw and ate her heart, lungs and brain' will face the death penalty
  • Joseph Oberhansley, 33, confessed to killing Tammy Jo Blanton, 46, in Jeffersonville, Indiana, in September
  • The ex-convict told police he forced his way inside the house, stabbed Blanton and then used jigsaw to open her skull
  • Police report said they found blood and bones on a plate in her house
  • Oberhansley was already on bail accused of another violent crime
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-brain-face-death-penalty.html#ixzz3LZRcQXTq

Indiana man who is facing a possible death penalty on charges that he killed his ex-girlfriend and ate part of her body has now been charged with raping her, an attorney representing the defendant said on Tuesday.

The added charge against Joseph Oberhansley is intended to bolster the prosecution's case for the death penalty, attorney Mike McDaniel said.

Oberhansley, 34, was charged last September in Clark County, Indiana, with breaking into the Jeffersonville home of his ex-girlfriend, Tammy Jo Blanton, murdering her and abusing her corpse by eating parts of it. He has pleaded not guilty.

Jeffersonville is across the Ohio River from Louisville, Kentucky.

McDaniel said Judge Vicki Carmichael approved the charge on Monday at the request of Clark County Prosecutor Jeremy Mull. It was added, McDaniel said, because the other charges were not strong enough to warrant the death penalty.

A trial is scheduled for August 2016, time needed to adequately prepare for a capital case, McDaniel said. His client is currently in solitary confinement and he is concerned about him staying in solitary that long, he said.
http://news.yahoo.com/indiana-adds-rape-murder-cannibalism-charges-louisville-courier-214734805.html

Shame on you @CbabyRKO for adding that article full of misinformation! ;) Obviously, as he explained in court, this guy is too handsome to rape anyone. :eek:

29ql9vd.jpg

Prosecutors would have to prove one aggravating circumstance — such as dismemberment, burglary or rape — for Oberhansley to qualify for a death sentence if he is convicted of murder.

“Ive never seen such bullshit,” Oberhansley complained as Judge Carmichael read the rape statute on Monday. “Excuse my language. They keep falsifying shit.”

Oberhansley argued in court that he was a righteous man, and he said that he was “too handsome” to have raped his 46-year-old former girlfriend.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/ind...t-denies-raping-her-because-hes-too-handsome/

Prosecutors would have to prove one aggravating circumstance — such as dismemberment, burglary or rape — for Oberhansley to qualify for a death sentence if he is convicted of murder.
I don't understand why they even need to bother with proving rape, since they already have 2 of the other aggravating circumstancses locked down?

Burglary: entry into a building illegally with intent to commit a crime

He broke down the back door in order to commit murder- CHECK!

Dismemberment: to divide into parts; cut to pieces; mutilate

He cut open her skull & chest & ate pieces of her brain & lungs--DOUBLE CHECK!

WTF is going on in Indiana? I always thought of the midwest as full of farms and small towns and friendly neighbors. Now we have the rapist football players, "we can refuse to serve anyone if we disagree with their lifestyle" and the poor bastards have a shitworm for a governor. No offense intended to residents of Indiana; WE have the gold standard of asshole idiots in Bobby Jindal, the new conservative Christian who wants to be Vice President.

Want some fun? Go to the puter and type in the following: (your governor's name) is an idiot! I do it every day! Bobby boy has 17 pages of "Bobby Jindal is an idiot". Hey, I'm old and have to take my fun when I can! And my best fun thing to do, apart from being with the kids and grands, is to make fun of polly-tishans. All of them.

Aw, isn't that sweet. His atty. is worried about him "staying in solitary that long." Don't worry, Barrister Boo Hoo. Your 'handsome' client is already batshit crazy, so he doesn't have much farther to fall. And, if he gets too bored, he can always start munching on himself. :meh: :finger:

@Momzilla , to answer your question of why they added the rape charge when the others should have been enough to qualify him for the needle, there is this from Cbaby's article:

McDaniel said Judge Vicki Carmichael approved the charge on Monday at the request of Clark County Prosecutor Jeremy Mull. It was added, McDaniel said, because the other charges were not strong enough to warrant the death penalty.

I think that they are just adding everything that they can to make sure this guy either gets death or never gets out again.

@Momzilla
I think that they are just adding everything that they can to make sure this guy either gets death or never gets out again.
Thanks for the info @Krystal !

I still don't understand why they don't think those other 2 aggravating circumstances are enough?
I mean really, if we don't give the death penalty to psycho murderers who terrorize, brutally murder, then EAT their victims-- why have it at all???

I'd convict him! But alas, I'm not a real judge, I just play one on DD :devil:!

It sounds like this guy has severe mental issues and should have never been released. I really hate the way the justice system is set up to where "insanity" is a specific legal term divorced from a medical diagnosis. I feel like if someone is so gone mentally that they could do this sort of thing, then they shouldn't be let back out just b/c a set amount of time has passed.

Oberhansley has a long criminal history going back to at least 2000 when he was convicted of manslaughter and attempted murder for killing his then-girlfriend Sabrina Elder, 17, and critically wounding his mother, [...]
Just days before the killing, Elder had given birth to Oberhansley's child.
[...]
released on parole in 2012, but in 2013 he was in trouble for allegedly choking out another patron in a bar and resisting arrest. He was naked during the attack.
[...]
months ago, Oberhansley was arrested following erratic driving that sparked a slow-speed police chase. Blanton paid a $1,000 bond to secure his release.

Hard to have sympathy for the victim here. Dumbass woman.

"There are just certain things that went on that are going to be testified by the defense that give a weakness to the case," Parker said.

??? They claim self defense or some shit, the fuck???

"This was not an intentional act," said Oberhansley's defense attorney, Ronald Yengich. "All of the stressors involved in Joseph's life at the time led up to this. It is likely that outside of those factors this never would have happened."
Yengich called the plea deal a "fair compromise" and added that the injury Oberhansley sustained from shooting himself in the head has actually made him a calmer person.
"The injury he sustained actually has had a beneficial affect because of the portion of the brain that was injured," Yengich said.

hahahahahhahahahahhahahha we need to find this attorney and see if he'll talk to us about this. This is fucking amazing. Wonder if he's still practicing law today. I wonder what goes through his mind after this. Do you think he deep down on any level regrets his prior dipshit comments?

Amazing failure of the justice systme on every fucking level here, just amazing.

This guy obviously has mental health issues. I can't stand it when people like this get pushed in and out of prisons when they need long term attention in a lockdown psych facility.

October 25, 2017

An Indiana man accused of killing his ex-girlfriend and eating parts of her body isn’t mentally competent to stand trial, a judge ruled Wednesday.

Clark County Circuit Court Judge Vicki Carmichael deemed 36-year-old Joseph Oberhansley incompetent after hearing testimony from three doctors who evaluated him.

Carmichael ordered the competency evaluations after defense attorneys Brent Westerfeld and Bart Betteau filed a motion in February saying Oberhansley wasn’t able to participate in his own defense or fully understand the court proceedings.

“He is suspicious, paranoid, uncommunicative, and agitated,” they wrote, saying there is a “complete breakdown” in communication between them and Oberhansley.

The evaluation reports by psychologists and psychiatrists have been filed under seal, reported the Courier-Journal of Louisville, Kentucky, which is across the Ohio River from Jeffersonville.

Clark County prosecutor Jeremy Mull said he intends to bring the case to trial eventually. Oberhansley, who faces murder, rape and abuse of a corpse charges, will undergo “competency restoration” treatments in an effort to try him at a later time.

http://fox59.com/2017/10/25/indiana...girlfriend-deemed-incompetent-to-stand-trial/

I just deleted my own awesome post.
It deals with my relatives who eat cow brains in scrambled eggs. I have some wierd-ass family.
I gag just thinking about that gruesome breakfast.
Even worse is blood sausage.
Great Grandma puts up calf's foot jelly.
Nobody knows why...even a vulture wouldn't eat it.
Makes the house smell like something died in it.
Gross! Trust me; you don't wanna sit in a house that smells like boiling feet.

https://crimewatchdaily.com/2018/08...ead-ex-girlfriend-deemed-competent-for-trial/

A psychiatrist says an Indiana man accused of killing his ex-girlfriend and eating parts of her body is mentally competent for trial, but his attorneys want to talk to him first.
a psychiatrist at Hospital said in a letter filed with Clark County Circuit Court that Joseph Oberhansley’s competency has been restored since he was committed there last October.
Prosecutors allege Oberhansley broke into the Jeffersonville home of 46-year-old Tammy Jo Blanton in September 2014, and that he raped her, fatally stabbed her and ate parts of her body.​

9/22/18

A southern Indiana man accused of killing his ex-girlfriend and eating parts of her body will undergo more mental evaluations to determine whether he's competent to face trial.

Defense attorneys for Joseph Oberhansley say he remains suspicious and paranoid despite a Logansport State Hospital psychiatrist telling the Clark County judge in late July that his competency has been restored since he was committed there last year.

Oberhansley's lawyers say he "continues to express bizarre and irrational beliefs" when meeting with them and defense investigators.

A competency hearing was set Friday for Nov. 16. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.
https://www.azfamily.com/news/more-...cle_77f00c18-3401-5be2-9078-3e99e3f7ef59.html

I doubt he will be found competent.

Back