• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

bowling68

bhc0XAem.jpg

Hayley King

A University of South Carolina student is facing felony charges and possible jail time after allegedly being caught on camera spitting and pouring chemicals into her two roommates’ food in early February, police said.

Police say Hayley King, 22, can be seen in the video taken by her roommates Feb. 4 spitting into multiple containers of food and pouring Windex into the food in the apartment they shared off campus, according to a Columbia Police Department incident report.
[...]
Police said they viewed the recordings and watched King opening the refrigerator, picking up several containers one by one, and spitting into them. She also poured glass cleaner into one of them, the report stated.

One of the roommates told police she consumed food from one of the containers she believed to have been tainted with spit and Windex. King's roommates have not responded to requests for comment.

After seeing the footage that police say was taken by King's roommates, an investigator from the Columbia Police Department contacted King and asked her to report to the police department for questioning, where she allegedly confessed to the incident, the police report states.

The Columbia Police Department, which has not responded to a request for comment, arrested King on Feb. 9. She has been charged with unlawful, malicious tampering with human drug product or food, which is a Class C felony carrying a term of up to 20 years in prison, if convicted. She was released a day after her arrest on a $5,000 personal recognizance bond.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/sc-college...-camera-poisoning-roommates/story?id=30787747

ht_hayley_king_booking_photo_jc_150504_16x9_992.jpg

A University of South Carolina student is facing felony charges and possible jail time after allegedly being caught on camera spitting and pouring chemicals into her two roommates’ food in early February, police said.

Police say Hayley King, 22, can be seen in the video taken by her roommates Feb. 4 spitting into multiple containers of food and pouring Windex into the food in the apartment they shared off campus, according to a Columbia Police Department incident report.

King’s two roommates informed authorities they had set up secret cameras in their shared apartment because they were afraid of what King might do following a string of multiple altercations, which are not detailed in the police report. The two roommates had tried to get King to move out because of the previous altercations, but she refused, the incident report states.

Police said they viewed the recordings and watched King opening the refrigerator, picking up several containers one by one, and spitting into them. She also poured glass cleaner into one of them, the report stated.

One of the roommates told police she consumed food from one of the containers she believed to have been tainted with spit and Windex. King's roommates have not responded to requests for comment.

After seeing the footage that police say was taken by King's roommates, an investigator from the Columbia Police Department contacted King and asked her to report to the police department for questioning, where she allegedly confessed to the incident, the police report states.

The Columbia Police Department, which has not responded to a request for comment, arrested King on Feb. 9. She has been charged with unlawful, malicious tampering with human drug product or food, which is a Class C felony carrying a term of up to 20 years in prison, if convicted. She was released a day after her arrest on a $5,000 personal recognizance bond.

King has not responded to requests for comment, and ABC News has been unable to determine whether she has a lawyer.
https://gma.yahoo.com/sc-college-st...roommates-205959707--abc-news-topstories.html

Last edited:
Awesome that they thought to record her! She looks like a totally self-absorbed bitch anyways, so let's see how much she enjoys a nice felony conviction following her around for life:finger:

What is Ms. King's major at the university? Wonder what her excuse will be?
Her parents will hire a good lawyer, she will cry in court and get probation and community service.

I'm lovin' the fact she committed a crime with up to 20 years in prison and walked out on $500 on her "Own Recognizance." Guess the judge thought she was purty, too. :rolleyes: *smirk*

I really want to hear about these "altercations" alluded to in the news item. Is it bad I'm this interested in crazy? LOL

I bet it was some petty shit, like they asked her not to blare Six Pence None The Richer or hog the living room tv with Gilmore Girls marathons.

January 30, 2016

A University of South Carolina student caught on video spitting in and spraying Windex on her roommates' food in early 2015 has elected to enter into a pre-trial intervention program instead of facing trial on a felony charge that carried up to 20 years in prison.

Hayley King, 24, entered into PTI on December and has 90 days to complete the diversion program. The 5th Circuit Solicitor's Office has placed a charge of malicious tampering with a human drug product or food on hold.

The report states King and her roommates had "multiple altercations" in the weeks prior to the incident. The women told police they had been trying to get King to move out because of the fights, but she had refused to leave.

King's roommates told police they were worried about what she may have been doing at their house while they were away, so they set up hidden cameras inside the home.

In a statement provided to WIS, King's attorney, Seth Rose, says the video only tells part of the story.

"My client deeply regrets this incident and is grateful for the opportunity to enroll into the pre-trial intervention," Rose said.

"While some have tried to mischaracterize this incident as an attempted poisoning, my client regrets her actions and never had any intention to hurt anyone.

"There are other facts of this case that were unknown to the public. That's why we ask anyone who has been bullied to go through the proper channels and seek assistance from local authorities, rather than acting on your own." Seth Rose Lawyer for Hayley King

Shortly after the incident, King's roommates did not want to be identified or talk on camera, but provided statements to WIS.

"The aftermath ... caused me to fall behind in my classes," one roommate said. "I was forced to switch out of one of my courses because I was so distracted with everything going on. This not only affected me physically, having to deal with the repercussions of the incident, but also mentally from the anxiety that came along with it."

According to the report, one of the roommates also reported getting a threatening text message from an apparent ally of King's. "While Hayley is moving out don't [expletive] with her. Y'all have been [expletive] taunting her since the semester started. If she tells me you're [expletive] with her I will personally come and check you. You too old to try to be bullying some damn body. Grow the [expletive] up," a portion of the text message stated.

Should King successfully complete the pre-trial intervention program, she will have the opportunity to apply for expungement of the charge from her criminal record.

http://www.wyff4.com/article/usc-st...ing-spraying-windex-on-roommates-food/7019708

Back