• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jessiesgirl1108

Chameleon
A bus driver has resigned after video footage emerged of children screaming and their parents banging on the doors of his vehicle when he refused to let them off and drove away from their stop with the youngsters locked inside.

Parents were forced to call emergency services to stop the bus after the children were barred from leaving and driven back to Dysart Elementary School in Arizona by the driver who had become angered by their unruly behavior.

Despite trying to prise open the doors and banging on the windows, the parents were unable to get to their children who can be heard crying and screaming in fear as the bus pulls away again, and were forced to call 911 for help.

In the Fox 10 clip the bus driver is heard saying: 'I'm not letting anybody off until you listen to what I have to say.'

Children are heard crying, with one saying 'I want my daddy' and others screaming 'Help us!'

[...]

But he became angry at their bad behavior, and stopped with the doors locked. He refused to open them, despite the warm conditions inside the bus.
He is heard shouting at the children during the video and said: "See, your parents are getting upset.'

He told them their parents would not be upset with him, but the children themselves.

As parents tried to reason with the driver and began knocking on the bus, he replied: 'You break that door; you're going to be buying a new one! Your kid will get off the bus when I am done with 'em.'

The driver then instructed horrified parents to step away from the bus, when he fled with the children.

El Mirage Police met the bus at the school and the children were finally let off.

[...]

He told officers that he had felt threatened by the parents and was placed on administrative leave.

But he has since decided to resign.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ds-kids-inside-panicked-parents-call-911.html

I have to agree with you @Buffettgirl . I'm not into the fact that he drove off, as a parent I would have lost my shit to epic proportions, buuuuut, I've seen how some kids act today, on buses, at school, in stores, so I can see how he would get that fed up.

I think he needs to rethink his career choices, maybe working with kids isn't the best of ideas.

With the way kids act today, apart from him driving off with them, I have some sympathy for the guy. I would have been flayed by my Mom if I'd acted the way I've seen kids do these days on the bus. But maybe that's because I didn't ride the bus until 5th grade except for field trips, so secretly I thought the bus was kind of cool... yeah, I'm a dork like that. :shame:
I thought the same thing. Guy was probably frustrated with the kids and their parents as I doubt the parents put much effort into correcting their childrens' behavior. That being said, once the kiddos start crying you have crossed over into monster territory and whether they deserved it or not, you're the adult in the situation.

Aren't kids always unruly on the bus? Hasn't this been going on since, well, school buses? He's surprised that they're little shits?

I know my son and his friends drove the bus drivers crazy. I had to go talk to the principal at middle school, because they were making fun of Mr. Gay's name. It was hard to keep a straight face, I have to admit.

Umm... If I had to deal with a bus full of shitty children the very LAST thing I'd want to do is keep the little fuckers trapped on board with me.

Really feeling sorry for the driver. When I was a kid, our bus driver was old and unable to handle the feral teens on the bus. The bus ride was long as we were mostly farm kids. One day some boys pulled out a pocket knife and threatened to cut the hair of a 6th grader. (He had longish hair, his parents were hippies. This was 1970 near San Francisco.) Next day I mentioned the event to my teacher. Next day, we had a new bus driver and the old bus driver was sweeping halls. He accosted me and said. "You got me fired!"
I imagine they were letting him ride it out as janitor for a year so he wouldn't lose his retirement.

A bus driver has resigned after video footage emerged of children screaming and their parents banging on the doors of his vehicle when he refused to let them off and drove away from their stop with the youngsters locked inside.

Stupid fuck wouldn't them out????

I'd have punted those brats out as I was driving by their stop!

I'm willing to bet that the only thing worse than a bus full of unruly brats are their fucking douch bag parents who would never believe that their kid would act up on the bus. Good sense and self preservation would dictate that you safely drive the bus and focus your attention on that and allow the some latitude to fuck off and be kids. if everyone is concerned about the safety of the kids on the bus then let them shell out the dough to have bus monitors on the damn things.

I thought about being a school bus driver...

Yeah, for about 3 minutes and said to myself *are you fucking nuts*

I'm pretty sure I would see the inside of a jail or mental facility if I drove a school bus full of kids.

I personally think he did right by returning the unruly kids to the school where their parents could pick them up. They deserved that. I totally understand him being fed up. Kids are awful nowadays. No respect toward authority figures or any one else for that matter. I also understand him being fearful of the parents. Some of them tend to be aggressive and violent and refuse to believe their little Johnny could do any wrong. ..as we see often on DD...So all the way around I believe he did the right thing.

I think he did the right thing taking them back maybe a few got punished since their parents had to go back to school and pick them up. I never acted up on the school bus when I was young but a lot of kids did, I hated riding the bus, I don't see how some drivers can concentrate.

I rode busses until I was in high school. We had one bus driver that wouldn't allow us to even whisper to each other, you didn't move out of your seat until it was time to get off, didn't matter if you were sitting next to your mortal enemy, you kept it together until you both got off the bus, or you were off wherever the bus was. Then there was the driver on the other end of the spectrum, he didn't care what you did and sometimes he would pick us up (my brother and I and the next door neightbor boys were the first pickups) in his CAR! and then take us to where the bus was parked and we'd travel on from there and occasionally he'd park the bus and take us home in his car. No one ever said anything to my knowledge. Also for full disclosure I was the only girl along on those trips in the car. Freaky now that you think about it.

When I was a kid if you acted up they could write you a conduct slip, after a couple of those you simply weren't riding the bus anymore end of story. Why can't we go back to that system?

New #1 in the shit list of jobs is now bus driver for little or big people. Ralph Kramden knew it was a crappy job back in the 50's he might have boom zoomed to the moon all the little assholes.

I am pretty sure school bus driver was always on the shit list of jobs. It's not like they are all the driver from Forrest Gump. My HS bus driver only cared about his paycheck and never said anything when all kinds of crazy shit was happening. I hope he is dead now. I was raped multiple times by boys on the school bus. You would think that with other kids and a bus driver that someone would have done something or at least corroborated my stories. Nope. I only got a Masters Degree in How to Save Your Own Ass 101. Goddamn it I hate these stories.

I thought about being a school bus driver...

Yeah, for about 3 minutes and said to myself *are you fucking nuts*

I'm pretty sure I would see the inside of a jail or mental facility if I drove a school bus full of kids.
You'd be perfect in my town as all the bus drivers are hot mommy types :D

There's no possible way in Hell I'd have wanted to inflict the 'lil snowflakes on myself for so much as an extra minute. My best possible remedy might have been the "rolling stop." Basically, you slow down for the bus stop, open the doors, then put your foot in the ass of the kid needing to be there & tell the 'lil shit to ROLL!
*Rinse & Repeat*

Kids today ARE bad as hell. However, I would have RUSHED to get those lil monsters off my bus. Some of them i would have suspended too!

Really feeling sorry for the driver. When I was a kid, our bus driver was old and unable to handle the feral teens on the bus. The bus ride was long as we were mostly farm kids. One day some boys pulled out a pocket knife and threatened to cut the hair of a 6th grader. (He had longish hair, his parents were hippies. This was 1970 near San Francisco.) Next day I mentioned the event to my teacher. Next day, we had a new bus driver and the old bus driver was sweeping halls. He accosted me and said. "You got me fired!"
I imagine they were letting him ride it out as janitor for a year so he wouldn't lose his retirement.

BTW, although I lived 10 minutes from town by the highway, the school bus route took in every back road, so it took an hour+ to get home. However due to different bus schedules, the morning ride only took 30 minutes. The morning ride was OK, kids were rotten on the afternoon ride.

When I was in high school, there was actually a transfer point. We were dropped at an isolated farm, with no people around, and waited 20 minutes for a school van to complete the route. Sometimes I waited alone. Now those were good times. :happy: That sure would not happen today!

BTW, although I lived 10 minutes from town by the highway, the school bus route took in every back road, so it took an hour+ to get home. However due to different bus schedules, the morning ride only took 30 minutes. The morning ride was OK, kids were rotten on the afternoon ride.

When I was in high school, there was actually a transfer point. We were dropped at an isolated farm, with no people around, and waited 20 minutes for a school van to complete the route. Sometimes I waited alone. Now those were good times. :happy: That sure would not happen today!
I had one bus like that we were so rural it took 3 busses to get to school.

i had a transfer point as well. and this was in 1987. so now, i scoff at people that say they would LUV to live in the country/woods/ect. fuck a bunch of that shit.

there is nothing like getting on a school bus at 6am to get to school at 7:15am. like i said, fuck a bunch of that shit.

Last edited:
My kids would be in big big trouble if the school ever called me for anything more than the permission slip I forgot to put in their back pack. Once yak came home with his shirt in pieces after some girls on the bus who liked him (a lot) tore it from his body. One little girl called our house to apologize for it...I listened to her...told her our lawyers would be in contact with her mother and hung up the phone.

i had a transfer point as well. and this was in 1987. so now, i scoff at people that say they would LUV to live in the country/woods/ect. fuck a bunch of that shit.

there is nothing like getting on a school bus at 6am to get to school at 7:15am. like i said, fuck a bunch of that shit.

I know what you mean...and our driveway was so fucking long. Even when you were finally home...you weren't quite yet.

All you guys saying how bad it was reminds ME of the older generation saying.. I HAD TO WALK 10 MILES TO SCHOOL.. UP HILL BOTH WAYS ..RAIN OR SHINE..:crack:

I personally didn't mind the bus ..it was where the bus was taking me too ..that I hated (school) but my rides were never more than 20/30 minutes..

All you guys saying how bad it was reminds ME of the older generation saying.. I HAD TO WALK 10 MILES TO SCHOOL.. UP HILL BOTH WAYS ..RAIN OR SHINE..:crack:

I personally didn't mind the bus ..it was where the bus was taking me too ..that I hated (school) but my rides were never more than 20/30 minutes..
to be honest, i would have probably gotten there quicker if i had walked. but i was 8, and it was about ten miles away...

All you guys saying how bad it was reminds ME of the older generation saying.. I HAD TO WALK 10 MILES TO SCHOOL.. UP HILL BOTH WAYS ..RAIN OR SHINE..

And into a head wind!

I always heard that it was in 3 feet of snow, every day. Without shoes.

You had snow? You were lucky! We had to walk on thumb tacks, and when we got home after school our father would beat us to death with the newspaper. ;)

ETA: I really should credit Monty Python's Yorkshiremen sketch, shouldn't I?

Last edited:
Back