• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Momzilla

Badass/PTA Mom
May 2 is the World Naked Gardening Day!
WNGDheader_4.jpg

(Ok so technically I'm a day late-- but it was just too funny to pass up! The pics, the puns- I'm in snarky heaven!)
"Gardening naked is not only a simple joy, it reminds us -- even if only for those few sunkissed minutes--that we can be honest with who we are as humans and as part of this planet," is how the website puts it...
"We figured that if people tried gardening naked once, they would smile. Not only would they smile, but they’d see that nudity is actually a pleasant and inherently good thing.

Now in its 10th year, World Naked Gardening Day is traditionally celebrated the first Saturday in May.
[...]
Make World Naked Gardening Day EVERY DAY!

How to celebrate World Naked Gardening Day?
Well I'm glad you asked!...

WNGDtop1.jpg

Gather your hoes & get down & dirty!

slide_422526_5414074_free.jpg
slide_422526_5414070_free.jpg

Fill your can & play with your hose- it's time to get wet!

au_naturel_top1.jpg

Sample some juicy melons & plant your tulips around back!

Kathy_gardening.jpg
slide_422526_5414068_free.jpg

Don't forget to trim your bush & gather the morning wood!

However you decide to celebrate, just Turnip the Beet & have a great Thyme!!!

(I'm done now, I promise!:shy:)

http://www.wngd.org/index3.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/...ening-da_n_7191576.html?utm_hp_ref=weird-news

How in the heck did I miss this one? :hilarious: @Momzilla - The title/writes ups/captions are perfect! LOL.

Sidenote: Celebrate this holiday once a week and watch the sex crime rates in the "civilized" world drop like a lead weight. :playful:

Omg, I just noticed something about one of the pics I posted that I missed the first time around; The first pic is the header for the World Naked Gardening Day's 'official website'-- if you look closely at this part:
WNGDheader_41.jpg

Wait a naked minute! Community Gardening?! Park Cleanups!?!?
Are they really suggesting that we strip down & head to the local community garden?!
Because I'm telling you now, if I'm at the park with my kiddos and that nude, paunchy, ball-capped gentleman up there pops out with his rake -- I'm going momzilla on his flabby white ass!!:punch:

I told my girlfriend who loves gardening naked about this, needless to say we are gardening naked this weekend LOL, true story.

Wait a naked minute! Community Gardening?! Park Cleanups!?!?
Are they really suggesting that we strip down & head to the local community garden?!
Because I'm telling you now, if I'm at the park with my kiddos and that nude, paunchy, ball-capped gentleman up there pops out with his rake -- I'm going momzilla on his flabby white ass!!:punch:

We have a solstice parade here in Seattle and there are plenty of naked or body-painted people, and kids watch the parade and aren't in the least bit harmed by it. It's only adults who could see someone naked and think it was sexual or scandalous. My son (who's 5) would probably just laugh about it if he ever saw people riding around naked on bicycles.

We have a solstice parade here in Seattle and there are plenty of naked or body-painted people, and kids watch the parade and aren't in the least bit harmed by it. It's only adults who could see someone naked and think it was sexual or scandalous. My son (who's 5) would probably just laugh about it if he ever saw people riding around naked on bicycles.
I guess if the naked is expected, like a topless beach or whatnot-- but I'm picturing a naked old man suddenly showing up at the park- as the website suggested---In my experience, a naked man at a park usually involves a trench coat & a call to the police!:spy:

But @mobiusclimber is right, we are very hung up about exposing our kids to nakedness in the US, but pretty lax when it comes to letting them see violence. It is pretty silly when you think about it--

Personally I'd much rather let my kids watch "Naked & Afraid" with me & see a naked butt:mooning:
then let them play "Grand Theft Auto" & 'shoot' a hooker to steal her car:dead:!!!

Back