• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
2zh464z.jpg

1z3ckg6.jpg

Polive continue to investigate the death of a 3-month-old baby from the Pittsburgh area.

According to the Allegheny County Medical Examiner’s Office, Kaleb Reiber died around 8 a.m. Sunday in the emergency room at Ohio Valley Hospital.

Reiber’s death led authorities to investigate his family’s McKees Rocks home. Upon investigating, police charged Reiber’s parents, Melinda Giconi and Thomas Reiber, with three counts each of endangering the welfare of children.

The charges are not connected to the infant’s death. They were filed because of conditions the baby’s sisters, ages 3 and 6, were living in, police said.

According to the criminal complaint, officers found cleaning supplies and chemicals left out in the open where a child could easily access to them in addition to garbage and used cigarettes that littered the floor.

Authorities also said that the 6-year-old, who found Kaleb Reiber unresponsive with blood on his nose and in his eyes and brought him to her parents, was basically caring for her 3-month-old brother.

Domenick and other neighbors told Channel 11 News that the police were called to the family’s McKees Rocks home the day before the baby died. Police confirmed that they have been called to the home several times.

The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said that an autopsy on Kaleb Reiber was completed Monday, but his cause of death is still pending the outcome of more testing.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local...harged-endangering-welfa/nk8cD/#__federated=1

the 6-year-old, who found Kaleb Reiber unresponsive with blood on his nose and in his eyes and brought him to her parents, was basically caring for her 3-month-old brother.
Well ain't that just special. Methtard 1 and Methtard 2 couldn't be bothered to stop using drugs long enough to care for the baby they created so they left his care up to the 6 year old.

Worthless fuckers should be shot, for the death of their baby and the unending Hell that 6 year old will experience for finding her brother, fuck, she'll probably blame herself too. Wastes of oxygen.

According to the criminal complaint, officers found cleaning supplies and chemicals left out in the open where a child could easily access to them in addition to garbage and used cigarettes that littered the floor.

Riddle me this, Batman: how does a 3-month-old get into chemicals? He can't even crawl yet.

The house must really have been a hellhole.

I thought that but was not sure... I fucking hate pigs like this... Why have kids? Why?

That's the same thing I ask all the time. Doesn't doing drugs ruin your sex drive and stuff?

I wish people would put more thought into having children before they conceive. The degree of heartlessness needed to inflict pain and harm on a defenseless child is staggering...where do these fuckers even find it?

I guess I will never see a world enjoying genuine altruism in my life time. I wonder if our species will ever achieve it before our sun burns out.

I still ask why have kids???
Don't care enough to prevent it and don't care enough to go to the doctor's to abort.

Addicts only care about the next high, absolutely everything else that happens is just incidental. Hell, for some the more kids the more money and I'm not speaking of welfare, though that can be part, but also child support. And more money means more drugs. See it's all about the next high.

Jesus I just can't fathom, I like to have my fun too but I would never jeopardize my babies, never!

Some people should have their reproduction organs burned... Yes too many winemosas this morning people. I tend to get mouthy... And shutter at stupidity...

Jesus I just can't fathom, I like to have my fun too but I would never jeopardize my babies, never!
I'm not trying to defend any addicts that harm their children either through their direct actions or neglect but addiction just gets that bad. I don't see it as an excuse or even a mitigating factor to their abominable behavior, it's just that I can remember being that low in addiction that the only thing that mattered was getting high. It's not about "fun" at that point, it's about surviving and at that point you firmly believe that drugs are your only way to survive.

Again, not defending any addicts, because I think these assholes should rot in a cell, at a minimum, rather just trying to help shed light on what goes through their head.

No I totally get it I was raised by one, she still is and I love her to death... She did the best she could do, and she did a pretty darn good job :)

I keep looking at that tiny, cherubic face thinking, "I wonder if they even know how hard it is to get a 3 m.o. to crack a grin that isn't a gas bubble, let alone show a giant, carefree, happy smile like that...," a beautiful, innocent smile that doesn't know anything about methtards, or cigarette butts on the floor, or chemicals sitting around in filth.

And, then I wonder if just outside the camera's range if the little 6 y.o. may be who/what he was smiling at to get that priceless photo; priceless, and adorable, and happy. So many people dream of having tiny, perfect, little people of their own to parent and to love while just outside their doors, or down the street, or in the next city, or town, county or state, a 6 y.o. child walks into a room to check on her baby brother and he's not breathing, his eyes and nose, bleeding...

Do 6 year olds ever wonder if they did something wrong when they find their baby siblings dying? Do they wonder if they didn't do a good enough job of taking care of the living baby dolls forced upon them by their "parents" who couldn't be bothered? What do you do on an ordinary Sunday at this house when you find "your" baby bleeding and almost dead and you're still supposed to be up and ready and on the kindergarten bus by 7:45 the next morning? And, what do 6 year old 'mommies' tell themselves and their 3 year old sisters when their babies go to the hospital and never come home again?

The irony of that bright, happy smile on that tiny, little boy's face in the midst of so much, awfulness, really speaks to the hope and faith of a humanity that seems to be moving further and further away from what the "American Dream" was supposed to be all about for some people right here in our own country. Smh. He's just too adorable to be another itty bitty corpse on the table. They all are.

But, on the other hand, she's only six and kids are resilient little creatures. They roll with the changes (because they have to) and life goes on in the land of addiction, and neglect, child abuse and broken people. At least she's still got her baby sister to help take care of, if DCFS doesn't split them up. And, hopefully, they'll release the information on why such a happy, little guy started bleeding, stopped breathing, then died. Maybe it'll be because he had an aneurysm, or a stroke, or something else she couldn't help. And, hopefully someone will tell her that. Maybe it won't even be related to something her junkie parents did or didn't do in their world of filth, and irresponsibility and living for the next hit off the pipe instead of caring for their babies... And maybe, just maybe (I hope, man, how I hope) it won't be from something an angry, overwhelmed and resentful, little 6 year old did b/c her living baby doll made her mad again... :( I hope they run a follow up story.

O.K. Who the f**k put the philosophical, humanitarian bullshit in my gd coffee? :bored: *S* He sure was a cutie.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to defend any addicts that harm their children either through their direct actions or neglect but addiction just gets that bad. I don't see it as an excuse or even a mitigating factor to their abominable behavior, it's just that I can remember being that low in addiction that the only thing that mattered was getting high. It's not about "fun" at that point, it's about surviving and at that point you firmly believe that drugs are your only way to survive.

Again, not defending any addicts, because I think these assholes should rot in a cell, at a minimum, rather just trying to help shed light on what goes through their head.
Fabulously put!

I have a family member who was an addict & the things he did back then are so opposite of who he 'really is'.
(ex: taking the basket of cards from my sweet 16th birthday to steal the money out of them.)

Years later he told me it was the lowest day of his life- that being an addict is like being on fire- you feel like you're burning alive- frantic & desperate, you'd do ANYTHING to put out the flames.

It's really sad but like @Krystal said, it's not a free pass to hurt or neglect your kids, or to steal from your niece. It's like a blind selfishness that will continue until the addict decides to stop it.

Not even trying to be an internet tough guy here, but the amount of pain I would inflict upon these "parents" is unimaginable. I have to stop reading these stories, all I have anymore is violent fantasies about vigilante justice. I just want to go home and hold my babies now.

A McKees Rocks couple are cut off from their families and have one last chance to get clean of drugs and address mental health issues as part of a plea deal in the death of their 3-month-old son.

Thomas Reiber, 36, and Melinda Giconi, 31, pleaded guilty to three counts each of endangering the welfare of a child before Common Pleas Judge Beth Lazzara.

Police responding to their Chartiers Avenue home in May found Kaleb Reiber unresponsive as Thomas Reiber attempted CPR. The couple's oldest daughter, 6, told investigators that Reiber and Giconi had her feed Kaleb and put him to bed the night before he was found unresponsive with blood in his nose and eye.

As part of their plea, neither adult can have contact with their families or their two surviving children, unless otherwise ordered by a Family Division judge.

“You've yet to see you are responsible for this. ... You two were either high, looking to get high, (or) doing anything you had to do to be high,” family members wrote in a letter read by Assistant District Attorney Jennifer DiGiovanni.

“If you both were there for (the children) and drug-free, their lives would be different, and Kaleb would still be here. ... Kaleb would be 1, instead of gone, learning to walk, talk, and laughing with us.”

Giconi was sentenced to nine to 23 months in the Allegheny County Jail, with credit for time served since their arrest in early May.

She'll have to serve five years of probation upon release and will need to work out a treatment plan through the county's Justice-Related Services program if she wants to get out of jail before the full 23 months, Lazzara said.

“That child had to serve as mother and father while you two were being selfish and getting high and taking care of your own needs,” Lazzara said to Reiber. “This court's agreed to give you one last shot through the IP program. If you fail to do so, I'll resentence, and the guidelines are out the window.”

http://triblive.com/news/allegheny/9905252-74/reiber-kaleb-lazzara

I havent been able to find a cause of death for this baby. Maybe someone will find it and post it. Seems suspicious to me.

Giconi was sentenced to nine to 23 months in the Allegheny County Jail, with credit for time served since their arrest in early May.

She'll have to serve five years of probation upon release and will need to work out a treatment plan through the county's Justice-Related Services program if she wants to get out of jail before the full 23 months, Lazzara said.
What inthe actual fuck is this??!?!?!

It sounds like the baby ingested rat poison somehow. Ugh that picture breaks my heart.

WHY THE FUCK DID THESE PARENTS GET LITTLE TO NO JAIL TIME?!? Why?!? This is utter bullshit. People have gotten more time when their children die in legit accidents.

Who prepared the bottle the 6 year old fed the 3 month old the night before being found dead by the child. Who in their right mind gives their 6 year old the responsibility of feeding an infant without an adult being present. How the hell does an infant that can't move around much get rat poison?? This is really suspicious.

Jesus h christ what a slap in the damn wrist!

I know what the cause of death probably was...being fed something he shouldn't have.....I HIGHLY doubt there was formula or even baby food.

i really pray whoever the 6 year old is with now they assure her it was not her fault.

Back