• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

bowling68

An Arlington woman was found dead Friday morning in the house she shared with her young son and daughter, and police say she appeared to have been slain.

Police identified the woman early in the evening as 42-year-old Bonnie Black, but the case remained something of a tragic mystery by about 6 p.m., as authorities declined to release many details, including how she died. They said they had been to the home previously for reported domestic violence and were exploring whether that was connected to the woman’s death, but so far, they had not detained or charged anyone in the case.

Arlington police spokesman Dustin Sternbeck said officers were called to the scene about 7:50 a.m. Friday by a passerby, who spotted two young pajama-clad children, a 5-year-old girl and a 3-year-old boy, wandering in the yard. They went into the home on the corner of South Kent Street and 18th Street South and found the children’s mother dead inside, Sternbeck said.
[...]
Court records indicate Black was nearing the end of a divorce with her husband and the father of her children, and their relationship — at least in recent years — had been marred by custody disputes, protective orders and police encounters.

Sternbeck said the man had gone voluntarily to police headquarters Friday to be questioned by detectives, but he was neither detained nor charged. He said the man — who lived a few blocks away from the scene — had arrived at the home Friday after apparently being alerted by a neighbor that his children were outside.

“They haven’t told me anything,” he said of the police.

He then said he had to go and hung up the phone.

In filings and at a court hearing, Black said she and the man were
married in 2008, but they had been effectively living apart since October 2013. By her account, she moved that month into the basement of their marital home on 18th Street in Arlington and then moved out in April the following year. A judge in May, however, gave her the rights to that home and primary custody of their children, and she seems to have been living there since. Her husband had visitation rights, court records show.

Black said at a court hearing in December that her husband “was a bit Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. But behind closed doors, he’s a very violent man.” She described instances of physical aggression in recent months, including pushing her and stomping on her feet, and said she was afraid of her husband.

Sternbeck acknowledged there was “a history of possible domestic violence at this location, and we are looking further into that.” He said the children, who were unhurt, were turned over to Child Protective Services officials.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...29f202-e504-11e4-b510-962fcfabc310_story.html

You woud hope that Daddy didn't kill Mommy and leave the children there with her body, but we've seen worse, so you just don't know, he could be just that depraved. Poor babies I hope they are okay and not too awfully traumatized.

Court records indicate Black was nearing the end of a divorce with her husband and the father of her children, and their relationship — at least in recent years — had been marred by custody disputes, protective orders and police encounters
I think this certainly gives them a really good place to start the investigation. He could easily be one of those "if I can't have her, no one will" kind of assholes...

For her being battered and abused so much and not to have killed him sooner shows she was a better person than myself. Stomp on my feet and a foot would have been up his ass with a bullet behind it! With her being given rights to the house and full custody of the children probably pissed him off and he had been stewing for sometime and finally blew up. RIP momma.

The kids r the ones who found mom dead. :(
But luckily this woman ripped some hair out of her assailant's head. :)

search warrant filed Thursday afternoon in Arlington County sheds light on the detailed work investigators have done inside the home of Bonnie Black, the 42-year-old mother of two killed nearly two weeks ago.

Police spent a week and a half collecting more than 600 pieces of evidence from Black’s home, including pieces of broken glass and strands of hair, along with dusting for shoe impressions and suspected fingerprints.

One of the first details revealed in the search warrant is also one of the most disturbing: “the children advised that their mother was dead inside their home,” meaning that Black’s children, just and 3 and 5 years old, were the ones to make the gruesome discovery of her body in the upstairs bedroom on April 17, stabbed to death with a “large wound to her neck area.”

Investigators also discovered a tuft of hair in Black’s hand, which is currently being tested for DNA.

“That is a key piece of evidence, potentially. As soon as we get the results back on that, the individual who’s hair it belongs to has some explaining to do,” said Arlington County Police spokesman Dustin Sternbeck.

A warrant filed earlier this week put the focus on Black’s estranged husband, David Black. According to court papers, he had violated a protective order and had repeatedly threatened her, as the two were in the middle of a divorce.

A friend of Bonnie’s told police, “David’s attorney told Bonnie’s attorney that, ‘the only way David was going to win this case [the custody battle and divorce] is if Bonnie dropped dead.’”

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...tabbed-to-death-in-arlington-home-113633.html

Pretty lady, sorta looked like Jane Seymour. Pretty sure daddy made sure mommy never breathed again. I feel so bad for the babies.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it sounds like the father in this case. I really hope not,especially for the sake of the kids.

November 09, 2016

A man who killed his estranged wife in her Virginia home -- leaving her young children to find her body -- received two life sentences Wednesday.

Bonnie Black, 42, was found dead April 17, 2015, in her Arlington home by her daughter and son, who were 5 and 3 at the time. They went out to the street in their pajamas looking for help, police said.

Black was found in bed with her chest stabbed and incisions to her neck.

In October of that year, a grand jury indicted David Black. He was found guilty of first-degree murder and burglary while armed.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...of-Murdering-Wife-in-Arlington-400459851.html

Back