• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

reneelvsbrian

Trusted Member
just saw this news story i searched and couldnt find it to be posted yet but on april 2nd cops tried to arrest phillip white they had him on the ground then sicced a police dog on him and he was mauled while the cop was on the mans back. video and more details at the links ......Video Surfaces of NJ Police Allowing Dog to Maul Man ... ......New Video Surfaces Showing New Jersey Cops Siccing ..................................................................New Video Surfaces Showing New Jersey Cops Siccing ...
Philip-White-mauled-by-Vineland-police-dog.jpg

How are these assholes getting jobs with police depts? WTF??? These guys are murderers. And what a fucking horrible way to die!!! And for what reason? Because he pissed off the cops? Because he didn't submit immediatley to their demands? We should all be very afraid.

This is completely outrageous. How can you expect someone who's being attacked by a dog to ignore the attack and roll over? I hope these fuckers are charged.

I've ranted about the dangers of police K-9s before(and got a shit ton of flack for it). Never thought i'd see such an extreme example of it, and it's sad it took something like this to draw attention to the absurdity of having a dog viciously attack a suspect in order to make an arrest. If a human cop went after a citizen the way a K-9 does, inflicted the injuries K-9s inflict, that cop would be charged with a crime. Dogs do it though, who gives a shit. It's baffling.

What a sickening story.

"In the video, one of the officers is also recorded approaching the witness recording the footage and asking for the person's name. "I'm going to need to take your phone," the officer said."

From the first link in the title post. This really makes ya trust the cops side of the story on this one doesn't it? Lets you know the type of officers they had making this arrest, corrupt murderers.

"In audio recordings of police radio calls, one officer can be heard saying White is hyperventilating after arriving at the scene, according to ABC affiliate WPVI-TV. Minutes later, the officer exclaims "He's grabbing my gun!" Another minute after that, the cop confirms White is "under apprehension.""

Spit up some dashcam footage or i'm not buying a word of it.

"The public and Mr. White's family deserve answers as to how Phillip was killed and why there is a lack of oversight of local police."

Seems painfully clear to me how he died. The animal cop(not to be confused with the humans in this case, which would be very easy to do) goes right for the throat and holds on for at least 6 seconds(who knows how long it had been latched on before the cell cam footage begins) until the man goes completely limp. Then the human cops finally step in and exert some amount of physical effort to cuff the limp, likely already dead victim.

I agree about the lack of oversight though. Do they train the dog handling officers at all or what?

Prob won't matter that they have this on camera though. The last time cops choked a suspect to death on camera a grand jury didn't indict em(thanks in large part to some brilliant maneuvering by the cop friendly prosecutor).

@JackBurton commented:

"Do they train the dog handling officers at all or what?"

Yep, they absolutely do. And the LE standard is that the officer/handler and the dog must also attend mandatory monthly in-service training courses. This guy knew exactly what he was doing.

Oh wow i didn't even watch the full vid initially i guess. Just saw another vid of it and it's even more vile, yet sadly not shocking. The guy was already down and in custody when the dog was sent at him. Not only that, but the cop was ontop of him repeatedly punching him in teh face/head. THAT wasn't enough? THey had to send the dog after him on top of it? The fuck?

Why are these cops not in jail right now?

And "Homeland Security" is giving out military toys that they just can't wait to try.

Where the fuck are the updates in this case? This is sooooo much worse when it comes to blatant, obvious stormtrooper slaughter of a citizen than the Gray case in Baltimore, yet i haven't heard a peep out of New Jersey since this story broke. There's no mystery here whatsoever, it's as clearcut as can be. Is this geting swept under the rug somehow? Where's the outrage, where's te uproar? It's def good New Jersey isn't engaging in widespread animalistic behavior, however the opposite extreme, dead silence, is damn negative too.

"Commie pinko", wow, I haven't heard that in decades. I think Daly was Mayor of Chicago then. Kind of gives me the warm fuzzies. No one is casting aspersions on the canine officer, but rather, how the four-footed officer was deployed.

you'll all be singin a different tune when the brave canine officer companion SAVES YOUR BACON!

And, you'd be singing a different tune if one of your "heroes" lets his K-9 use your neck for a bacon-flavored Scooby Snack. Of course, you probably wouldn't be able to talk or breathe, much less sing.

Like all courses of instruction, there is a top of the class, and somebody that barely squeaks by at the bottom. Nobody with two working eyes needs a crystal ball to figure out what end of that spectrum the K-9 handler in question falls under.

^^^
Sounds like you're implying this was merely a case of a dumbshit officer who sucks at his job. This wasn't ineptitude, this was a blatant and intentional murder of a citizen. This was not a mistake.

Still can't find an update, even the "justice for this guy" facebook page has nack shit for new info

This is horrendous - the descriptions are horrible enough - I can not watch the video. When I first heard of it, I thought the dog must have got out of control, that it must be a horrible accident. It's unthinkable that a cop would purposely have a police dog kill a suspect.

I can't find anything recent since the first week in April, either, just that surenews.com reported on the 8th that the cop tried to confiscate the cell cams from those on the scene, but they provided no source to back up this info, and a hop hop blog that posted the video for discussion on their site on the 9th.

I did find this from NBC10 that has a the full news report including their actual video news blurb, the 911 calls and the story about "Anonymous" aka someone dressed as Guy Fawkes, threatening the Vineland Police Dept. Weird that it just seemed to disappear for an entire month so far without any updates as the investigation is supposed to be ongoing...

The video news piece has to be heard here, and the others have to be clicked as title links, too, as they can't be embedded:

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...-of-Man-in-Custody-Continues---298956441.html

Updated at 7:33 AM EDT on Wednesday, Apr 8, 2015
Officials are investigating a video threat, purportedly made by the hacking group Anonymous, demanding they release the names of the three New Jersey police officers involved in the arrest of a man who died while in custody.

The YouTube video, which was posted Monday, features a figure in a Guy Fawkes mask, popularized in the movie “V for Vendetta,” speaking in a generic, computerized voice. The person claims to be part of Anonymous and warns Vineland Police and the Cumberland County Prosecutor’s Office they have 24 hours to release the names of the officers who arrested 32-year-old Phillip White.

“We know the identities of the two officers who initially encountered Phillip and we also have the identity of the K-9 officer that let his dog attack a non-combatant citizen,” the person says in the video.

The person demands that the Vineland PD place two of the officers on administrative leave, relieve the K9 officer from duty pending charges and release all dashcam footage of the incident.

911 Calls Obtained, Man Dies in Police Custody

NBC10 has obtained the 911 calls behind the high profile death of a man in police custody in Vineland, NJ. Investigative Reporter Harry Hairston has more, including cell phone videos from a witness. (Published Tuesday, Apr 7, 2015)
The person also threatens to release personal information on the Prosecutor’s Office and Vineland Police Department every hour until they release the names of the officers.

“We will also begin cyber-attacks on your website and your databases until our demands are met,” the person says.
On Tuesday, names that a user claimed are that of the arresting officers were posted on a website affiliated with Anonymous. Neither the Cumberland County Prosecutor’s Office nor the Vineland Police Department confirmed whether those names are actually the officers.

The Prosecutor's Office and the Vineland Police Department told NBC10 they were taking the threat seriously. They also said they were taking the appropriate steps to protect any exposed officers.

White died March 31 while in police custody. Officials with the Cumberland County Prosecutor’s office said the ordeal began shortly before 11 a.m. when Vineland Police officers responded to a call for service for a disorderly person on the 100 block of Grape Street in Vineland.

“Shortly thereafter, officers called for medical assistance in response to White appearing to be in respiratory distress,” a spokesperson for the Cumberland County Prosecutor’s Office said. “During the incident White was handcuffed and restrained.”

White was placed in an emergency vehicle and taken to the hospital, according to officials. Officials say an officer was with him at the time. At some point, White became unresponsive and medical personnel instituted CPR, according to investigators. He was later pronounced dead at the hospital. What remains in dispute are the events that occurred immediately before White’s death.

Witnesses told NBC10 the responding officers were extremely physical with White after he was already restrained and unconscious on the street.

"They punched him, stomped him, kicked him and then they let the dog out of the car," said Ricardo Garcia. "The dog bit him on his face and around his body. There's no call for that.”

Law enforcement sources disputed witness accounts however, telling NBC10 White engaged in a violent struggle with one of the officers after they called an ambulance for him. They also said at times White was combative and that he never lost consciousness while he was apprehended.

NBC10 obtained cellphone video taken after police responded to the disorderly persons call. The video shows White lying on the ground surrounded by three officers as well as a barking police dog. It appears to show the dog biting White in the upper body.

An officer is also seen telling the person recording to turn over his cell phone.

A top ranking law enforcement official and former use of force instructor who is not involved in the case analyzed the cellphone video. The official said the officers should have called off the dog immediately after bringing White under control. He also said the officer who demanded the person recording the incident to turn over his cell phone had no right to do so.

White's family retained attorney Conrad Benedetto to conduct an independent investigation into his death, according to a news release.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...-of-Man-in-Custody-Continues---298956441.html

Last edited:
What remains in dispute are the events that occurred immediately before White’s death.

What's to dispute? What utter nonsense. There's a fucking video showing these officers committing a crime against this poor defenseless citizen.

I hate the phrase, "died while in police custody" for a story like this where there's so much video evidence of what went down. If i punch someone in the face repeatedly, if i let a big ferocious powerful dog bite and hold down on their throat for an elongated period of time, and then that person later dies on the way to the hospital(or at least it's reported they died later on and not right then), nobody is going to report, "man dies while in ambulance" or "while on way to hospital", they're going to report that i fucking murdered him. The cops do it though, it's some mysterious and vague, "man dies while in custody". Load of shit.

If i punch someone in the face repeatedly, if i let a big ferocious powerful dog bite and hold down on their throat for an elongated period of time, and then that person later dies on the way to the hospital(or at least it's reported they died later on and not right then), nobody is going to report, "man dies while in ambulance" or "while on way to hospital", they're going to report that i fucking murdered him.

Actually, newspapers are more likely to report that the man died at the scene or was dead on arrival and that you are assisting the police with their enquiries. The word "murder" has to wait for sentence to be passed on you. (And police officers get the same protection.)

Don't be White, don't be Grey, and especially don't be black.

I am so disgusted. I became aware of the lie that lived behind prejudice at a very early age, and felt brutalized by images of Selma, then King taken, and still it continues. This clan warfare drawn on lines of physical appearance is so primitive and counterproductive in our present state of development.

K9s should be used sparingly and for sniffing out suspects only. They should NEVER be let off a leash to chase someone. There is absolutely no way for a dog to stop a suspect without injuring the suspect. If you were to use your dog to attack someone, you'd be charged with assault with a deadly weapon. Just like it isn't ok to draw your revolver and shoot someone who's fleeing, it shouldn't be ok to sicc a dog on them. And of course, when the handlers are more wild and vicious than the animal, you have things like what happened here.

I agreed but it would depend on what sort of perp they're chasing. If it's someone who just committed a violent crime or would be a danger to the public if allowed to escape, then let the dog go after him/her. Use whatever means necessary to apprehend in that case.

I agreed but it would depend on what sort of perp they're chasing. If it's someone who just committed a violent crime or would be a danger to the public if allowed to escape, then let the dog go after him/her. Use whatever means necessary to apprehend in that case.
This statement a thousand times over.

Some suspects don't deserve the kid gloves used on them, those are the ones that if the dogs sniff out and "hold" until back up arrives, it's just fine with me.

Back