• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I actually have one real suggestion to make: turn off the auto-capitalization of the thread titles, so that whatever you post is what shows up - it always looks ridiculous when acronyms get miscapitalized and opening quotation marks are followed by lowercase letters and whatnot. If some members are idiots and post thread titles in all lowercase or with Caps Lock on, Subrosa could always edit them so they look pretty, and sternly explain proper capitalization to the offending members.

Thank you @Malodorous

I know me being a newbie doesn't carry much weight. :pout:

http://www.dreamindemon.com/community/threads/title-threads-caps-or-no-caps.77068/

But as someone who posts quite a bit (tell me to STFU if I'm going overboard please) this is quite annoying. I honestly think that most people who post new threads got (ha ha) has the grammer thing down pat. And like you said, if there is are one or two they can be quickly shown the error of their ways.

ETA: My OCD is getting the best of me...correcting got and is, hey where did strike through go?

Last edited:
There's no button for it, but just put s and /s inside []s before/after your strikeout text and it'll apply the bbcode tags when you post.
I swear I just highlighted text before and clicked a button. I am not learning C++ again (the only programming class I ever took in the early '90's):nana: Decided accounting was simpler...

I swear I just highlighted text before and clicked a button. I am not learning C++ again (the only programming class I ever took in the early '90's):nana: Decided accounting was simpler...
LOL!

If you hover the mouse over "Help" on the top menu, you can click on "BB Codes" in the dropdown, and it'll take you here: http://www.dreamindemon.com/community/help/bb-codes

ETA: Ugh, actually, it is still in the menu, in the dropdown for quotes/spoilers/etc.:
uuSEXBR.png

Last edited:
Can you force @Dakota to come back?
A team of ghostwriters to attempt to make my posts sound intelligent,(that's gonna be a tough one, I'd like @Athena to head that team if possible.)...um,...
A Dreamin' Demon calendar, a nudie one like the old folks home did. Not one like Jerkin' it January or Flakka Flakka February, etc.
A photo editor so when I'm feeling ugly, I can pimple you all up and feel pretty. For people like @Athena, @Nell, @Macabre, @CbabyRKO, just to name a few, pimples won't be enough. So I'll be taking an eyebrow from your photos. Just one. *maniacal laughter*

I actually have one real suggestion to make: turn off the auto-capitalization of the thread titles, so that whatever you post is what shows up - it always looks ridiculous when acronyms get miscapitalized and opening quotation marks are followed by lowercase letters and whatnot. If some members are idiots and post thread titles in all lowercase or with Caps Lock on, Subrosa could always edit them so they look pretty, and sternly explain proper capitalization to the offending members.

Nope. And here's why. We try to share forum posts on our Facebook Page. We want them to look identical to the posts on Front Page - which are all first letter capped. Acronyms being used in a title make up a very small percentage of post titles when compared to the number of posts Subrosa (or any mod) would have to waste time editing if we relied on members to first letter cap.

Also, if explaining methods and strongly warning members of forum rules worked, we wouldn't have to keep explaining methods and strongly warning members of forum rules. But here we are, 10 years later, and still having to do just that. :p

Forcing the caps in titles just takes out us having to do more work on a site that is already understaffed.

Nope. And here's why. We try to share forum posts on our Facebook Page. We want them to look identical to the posts on Front Page - which are all first letter capped. Acronyms being used in a title make up a very small percentage of post titles when compared to the number of posts Subrosa (or any mod) would have to waste time editing if we relied on members to first letter cap.

Also, if explaining methods and strongly warning members of forum rules worked, we wouldn't have to keep explaining methods and strongly warning members of forum rules. But here we are, 10 years later, and still having to do just that. :p

Forcing the caps in titles just takes out us having to do more work on a site that is already understaffed.
Well, I can understand that argument. But is the feature a simple toggle? I.e. you can either retain the original thread title submitted or filter it to capitalize the first character in each space-separated string, if it's a letter, and lowercase the rest of the letters?

If it's running some sort of regex to edit the thread titles, which you could edit, you ought to be able to alter it so that it capitalizes the first letter in a space-separated string ignoring any leading non-alphanumeric characters and capitalizing any letters immediately following periods. This would avoid lowercasing words inside quotations or parentheses, and properly capitalize acronyms that contain periods.

If you can't, or don't think it's worth the effort, fair enough - but it would look better, which seems to be want you want.

I know that we've been here before, but I feel like bold members should get a little something extra for their buck and the content that was NSFW was a conversation driver on the forum, and people would go bold just to access it. There doesn't seem to be any incentive for a member to go bold when they pretty much have access to similar areas in the general section of the forum. Why talk in "Chit Chat," when you can say it in "Bullshit?"

You've said that the NSFW idea is gone, but can you think of additional motivators for a member to go bold, other than to just contribute a bit and get some cooler options for rating people's posts? Do you have any plans in the works already?

You've said that the NSFW idea is gone, but can you think of additional motivators for a member to go bold, other than to just contribute a bit and get some cooler options for rating people's posts? Do you have any plans in the works already?

Bold members get a hell of a lot more than cooler options for rating people's posts.

bold.jpg

Even taking into account ad-blocking, I'd make a lot more money if I said "fuck it" and got rid of bold and just turned on the ads for everyone. :p I'm not sure what else to add unless we bring in future plugins.

On any other forum, a NSFW would work. But it never has on this one. What you consider a "conversation driver" has been nothing more than forums used by a handful of members and a lot of headache for me. Every single time.

Hi, I am having a hard time understanding the things where you like stuff or whatever. It's called rating sytem or something? Is that it? What are we rating? I understand i can like comments like on facebook but clueless to other stuff.

What exactly is this for? Do you win a prize or something if you have a lot ...i mean, what is the purpose of this feature? I am a bit retarded so be gentle with me.
I have been curious for a bit but was afraid to ask.

Does it make certain people more popular or something? Anyway, i don't like it.
It seems kind of stupid. Do a lot of boards use this? Sorry, i did not know where to ask so i thought i would just do it here. Noy trying to get anyone mad. Just wondering if i'm the only one who doesn't like it.

I don't know, it just seems like a weird thing for a board to have. I never see any others like it. Just strange to me that's all. I can just not use it i guess but i had just noticed that people use it a lot. thank you.

Well, to me it's a form of interaction with the other members. It gives you a different way to express your opinion. It's also a simple way of quickly offering a point of view without expounding upon the topic in narrative fashion. And sometimes it just lets you offer support to another member. Like right now, you might be thinking, "This guy is full of crap," and you could simply depress the CRAP button to tell me so.

On the other hand, you aren't a Bold Member, so some of your options are limited...I forget how, exactly.

Well I don't know if all my upvotes make me more popular, but they do make me tingly in the pants.

hehehe tingly is good. I was sondering about the bold member thing too. You get some extra things you can do or something? I'll have to go read up on it . sorry to bug ya'll. thanks

Bold gives you more edit time, more conversation space, a whole nother subforum, a Crap button and a Show the Love button for rating posts, color in chat and some other stuff that I can't think of right now. Plus a cool trophy and the satisfaction of knowing you are helping fund D'D.

@Morbid
Boy, I'm really missing that pink head-on-the-table laughing emoji right now. This is too good to be true in the stupid beyond belief department!
That one emoji was my favorite, I used it all if the time! Maybe we can start a petition to get it back?

I miss that one too... this one :hilarious: just isn't cutting it for me. :shifty:
I'm missing that emoji also.
Is there any way of getting it back.
Or maybe you could put it forsale in your restore and we can buy it.

Yay!! You can add me to the list of people who was super sad to see it go, so that would be awesome!!!

Back