• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Granted, he went looking for trouble.
The police isn't doing themselves any favors out there though.

Anyone else think the police went overboard with the pepperspray?
Depends on what he was doing. If he was simply out after curfew and surrendered peacefully when challenged, then yeah. This guy, though, was being a defiant, uncooperative dick during a time of ultra-heightened tensions, so I really have no problem with him being sprayed.

He was being a prick, puffing his chest out and approaching the cops while they yelled at him. Needless to say, that pepper spray can was huge! But it's riot gear, so I think it was perfectly reasonable what they did.

He was just out to be an ass, not running to the store to get something necessary for the baby, or his wife was in labor, nothing like that, just being an ass, no sympathy here either.

It's interesting that the guy with the riot-sized (as Fo mentioned) can of OC spray was wearing a white uni. shirt with a chevron patch (can't see which one on my screen) which makes me wonder if he has rank. (they do here above Sgt.). The foot/street patrol guys are all in black uniform shirts.

From the first couple of seconds, you can see the guy surrounded by police so he was likely given more than one compliance order (I'm guessing) and instead of complying, he took two steps toward the officer(s) when he got sprayed. Different depts. may vary on their protocols, but our officers shoot a 2 second blast and IMO, that's what the officer in white did (was medical stand-by when new ofcrs. had to spray each other so they'd know what it felt like).

Another thing you'll notice is that the guy just stood there, no hollering, no hands to his face, no acting like it hurt/phased him much when he was initially sprayed, just kind of stunned/waiting. It took him awhile to fall down (intentionally or unintentionally). There are some folks, perfectly sober, who're able to fight just fine with their faces/eyes soaked in OC. For some reason, you can load them up and it doesn't stop them. If they happen to be on certain drugs, incl. alcohol, the incidence of it not stopping them increases.

Even though he was down and compliant toward the end, in case anyone's wondering, the reason the officers didn't initially give him water to rinse the spray off his face is b/c water can actually make it worse until it dissipates a bit. The only thing that helps stop the burn is blinking and widening your eyes and fanning your face to help increase air flow (I've gotten overspray from the wind blowing and that shit burns everything, inside your nostrils, mouth, ears, all of it).

I couldn't hear everything that was being said, but here, if the scene is secured and the person whose been sprayed is safely subdued and asks for water to rinse the spray off their face afterwards, the officer should explain that air and time work best, but if they want water, the officer is obliged to rinse their face if it's available (usually in their trunk kits with towels). Granted, I'm mutlitasking, but from what I can tell from the video, it looks pretty legit to me whether he had on the tee shirt or not (though the irony is pretty ironic :p). As always, JMO. YMMV.

Last edited:
I'm sick of all this bullshit :finger: that's why I'm a god damn shut in.
Cd's ... cigarettes and ... whatever :D other then that fuck the outside. (unless I'm sun tanning) :p

The worst part is that with all the rioting, looting, fighting, and violent protests, the more I've tuned it all out, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

It's just gotten tiring to turn on the TV every morning and see more and more of this. These "protests" aren't constructive, they're not solving anything, they're not helping anything, in fact it's making it all worse.

He went looking for something and he got a face full of it. Sick of people screaming about being treated unfairly when they are a detriment to society.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin

Back