• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
You calling me old, ya cheeky fecker? lol

Perish the thought! :kiss:

I was thinking of how hard it would have been to get anything wheeled into a shop in the old days. Wheelchair access has certainly made the issue of whether or not to allow prams inside shops more relevant. When I was growing up, the option to take them in was moot: You couldn't have, physically.

The parents were sitting further than 50 feet away from their room ..
They should have been charged for leaving three very young children unattended, that and being dumb-ass, fucks ..
They're lucky, all three kids weren't taken ..

Yep, they were. Just like I said ... 50 yards.

And we've been through this before. This is Europe, not Canada/US. Life is different. My backyard is 350 feet deep. My local bylaws here in Arnprior require my firepit to be 75 feet away from the nearest structure. It is. I guess, by your reasoning, I should be tossed/charged because my hubby and I sit by that firepit after our kids are in bed ... the same distance away from them as the McCanns were from their kids. El toro poo poo.

But, we both know that is BS as comparing Windsor to Arnprior is apples/oranges --- exactly as is comparing the lifestyle/laid-backedness of certain parts of Europe to your "normal" in the Detroit/Windsor corridor. The risk is different, the standards of lifestyle are different. Having been exposed to BOTH, I can assure you that yours aren't "better" - yours are just "different".

Last edited:
( Whatever) ... <--- how childish is that? That's what comes out of the mouths of 13 year old girls.

There's a map of the resort in this thread somewhere. Millions of parents should be charged apparently. My opinion after having lived both sides of the divide. The parents were sitting twice as close to them as I would be while my kids were in bed. I guess, I am a horrible mom and should be shot.

Last edited:
They were in the common patio. The were sitting around a table 100 feet away from their apartment with their friends. They had a direct line of sight to their apartment door the entire time. The resort (more like an apartment complex with a bar and pool in the middle of the apartments) they were at certainly is no Disney Resort - it's actually quite small and ex-Pats. Not hundreds of people roaming around.

Would I ever do such a thing is the United States in any hotel?? Not on your life.Fuck, you can't even let your kid go to the bathroom in MacDonalds there lest they get molested in the toilet.
Yet, it's deemed OK to drop your kids at the teen disco etc at Disney Resorts/Cruise ships and go off without them. Chuck-E-Cheese etc. Thousands of Americans do so each day ... it's only the one time it all goes bad that everyone is sooooo damn quick to condemn the parents despite it having been acceptable and the norm until that one-off.

Doesn't make the parents guilty and certainly doesn't make them guilty of 'neglect'. Makes them the parents who did what everyone else was also doing and what was normal for that time/place and circumstance, but the ones whose kid happened to get taken.

A woman who "trolled" Madeleine McCann's family on Twitter killed herself days after she was challenged by reporters, an inquest concluded.

Brenda Leyland, 63, from Leicestershire, was found dead after she was confronted by Martin Brunt from Sky News over the abuse.

Mr Brunt told the inquest in Leicester he had been "devastated" by her death.

Coroner Catherine Mason concluded she had killed herself and called for sales of helium to be regulated.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leicestershire-31982088

...Coroner Catherine Mason concluded she had killed herself and called for sales of helium to be regulated.
She killed herself by helium poisoning?
I guess so.
Breathing in pure helium deprives the body of oxygen, as if you were holding your breath. If you couldn't breathe at all, you'd start to die in minutes—as soon as your body exhausted the supply of oxygen stored in the blood. But helium speeds up this process: When the gas fills your lungs, it creates a diffusion gradient that washes out the oxygen. In other words, each breath of helium you take sucks more oxygen out of your system. After inhaling helium, the body's oxygen level can plummet to a hazardous level in a matter of seconds.
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2006/06/stay_out_of_that_balloon.html

called for sales of helium to be regulated.
Or we could just try to regulate stupid. Had she not stupidly trolled the parents then she wouldn't have been "confronted" and shamed or whatever that lead to her suicide, so, if we regulate stupid then that could solve the helium problem.

A Portuguese court has awarded the parents of missing Madeleine McCann damages of £357,000 after a libel case.

Kate and Gerry McCann sued ex-police chief Goncalo Amaral, who led the search for their daughter, following claims he made about them in his book.

Mr Amaral, who claimed the McCanns faked Madeleine's abduction, must also pay interest in excess of £70,000.

The former police officer can appeal against the ruling by the court, which also banned further sales of his book.

Portuguese authorities dropped their investigation into Madeleine's disappearance in 2008, but Scotland Yard started a review in May 2011, after Prime Minister David Cameron responded to a plea from the McCanns.

In 2013, the Met Police opened a formal investigation, known as Operation Grange, which remains ongoing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32501647

http://news.yahoo.com/police-hunt-underway-after-madeleine-141218610.html

Police Hunt Underway After Madeleine McCann ‘Spotted’ In Paraguay
A massive police operation, including officers from Interpol, is underway after it was claimed that missing British youngster Madeleine McCann has been ‘spotted’ in Paraguay.

The hunt for Madeleine, who disappeared in Portugal in 2007 while on holiday with her family and who would now be 12-years-old, is centered on the city of Aregua.

Police from four separate stations, intelligence officers and an anti-kidnapping division as well as Interpol are on the case.

They were alerted to Paraguay by Miraz Ullah Ali, a researcher, who claims he spotted Maddie in the South American country, according to local news.

‘My team and I received the information that Madeleine arrived in Paraguay a month or two ago and is living in Areguá in the custody of a woman,’ Ali told Color ABC.
[....]
‘We are investigating neighbourhoods where there are foreign citizens, villas, condos, to see if there is someone with a similar description that corresponds to the newspaper clipping,’ said Commissioner Sanny Amarilla, according to The Sun.

“This news stretches across the globe, it is very important. So if they are in the area we need to find this girl and return her to her family.”
[....]
Kate and Gerry McCann have been made aware of the latest ‘sighting’, said a family spokesman.

‘They would encourage anyone who has any information about Madeleine to get in contact with officers from Operation Grange,’ added the spokesman.

Madeleine’s mystifying disappearance nine years ago from a holiday apartment in Praia de Luz, Algarve, Portugal, sparking international headlines and speculation over her fate.

Since her disappearance, Maddie has been spotted in several countries including Sweden and Morocco.

http://www.theage.com.au/world/expo...-madeleine-mccann-family-20160615-gpjvda.html
London: Deceased British politician Sir Clement Freud, who was this week exposed as a paedophile, had formed a close relationship with the parents of missing toddler Madeleine McCann.

At one point he invited them around for a brandy nightcap and joked with Kate McCann about tabloid accusations of "nymphomania".

The McCanns are said to be horrified by the revelation on Wednesday that Freud - who befriended them, kept in contact by phone and email and entertained them at his home - had sexually abused girls as young as 10.

Freud owned a villa in Praia da Luz, the Portuguese resort where Madeleine went missing.

Police are reportedly assessing this information as part of Operation Grange, the investigation into Madeleine's 2007 disappearance, though Freud's son reportedly said his father had been in the UK on the night she vanished.

Two women have claimed abuse at the hands of Freud in an ITV documentary which aired on Wednesday in the UK.

Freud had befriended her family in the south of France in 1948, when she was 10. After a family crisis she lived with him from age 14. He molested her over five years, she said.

"I just want to clear things up before I die," Ms Woosley – who is now in her late 70s – said in the documentary. "I don't want to take this to my tomb. I would like to just return to the child I was before I was molested physically, before I was introduced to that side of life too early."

She said she had confronted him 30 years ago at the House of Commons and asked him why he had abused her. She said he replied "Because I loved you. You were a very sensual little girl".

A second, anonymous, woman said the Liberal politician had abused her as a child in the 1970s, beginning when she was 11, and violently raped her when she was 18.

At the time of the rape Freud was an MP and shared an office with Cyril Smith, who was also unmasked as a paedophile after his death.

When she was 14, she said, Freud asked her and a friend of the same age "Would you like to get naked and have some fun?"

In a statement, Freud's widow Jill Freud said she was "shocked, deeply saddened and profoundly sorry" for what had happened to the women.

"I sincerely hope they will now have some peace."

Clement Freud, grandson of the founder of psychoanalysis Sigmund Freud and younger brother of artist Lucian, was a Liberal MP and a celebrity chef who featured on TV and radio. He was knighted in 1987. He died aged 84 in 2009.

In the 1980s he bought a family home in the Portuguese resort of Praia da Luz – the villa he later invited the McCanns to.

Mrs McCann wrote they first met at lunch in July 2007, two months after Madeleine's disappearance, while they were still enmeshed in the search for their daughter.

He had written Kate and Gerry McCann a letter saying he was "ashamed of the intrusion into your lives by our media", inviting them over with the promise "I cook decent meals".

At first they thought it was a hoax, but the next day they turned up for lunch at Freud's villa with their children Sean and Amelie, and three other friends.

She recalled his "razor-sharp intellect" as well as strawberry vodka and chicken risotto – "the best risotto we've ever tasted before or since".

Warm, funny and likeable, he cheered them up with his "lugubrious wit", she wrote.

He kept in touch by email and called again in August to invite them around for drinks.

On the night in September 2007 when the McCanns were formally made suspects in Madeleine's disappearance, he again invited them over for a drink.

They turned up and he was watching a cookery TV show dressed in his nightshirt.

"It was so ordinary and comforting, a bit like going to see your grandad after a horrible day at school," McCann wrote.

"He gave me one of his looks and a giant glass of brandy, and managed to get a smile out of me with his greeting: 'So, Kate, which of the devout Catholic, alcoholic, depressed, nymphomaniac parts is correct?'"

And he raised their spirits by making fun of the sniffer dogs which had detected a suspicious scent in the family hire car, saying "So what are they going to do? Put them on the stand? One bark for yes, two for no?"

"A couple of hours later, fortified by our brandies (it was my first-ever taste of the stuff), some useful snippets of advice and several amusing anecdotes, we left our friend feeling quite a bit better than we had when we'd arrived."

Yeah it strange, he seems like someone guilty of something wanting to keep them close so he'll know what's going on. Like a serial killer who tries to help the cops, actually just trying to stay in the loop on information.

Yeah it strange, he seems like someone guilty of something wanting to keep them close so he'll know what's going on. Like a serial killer who tries to help the cops, actually just trying to stay in the loop on information.
Or instead of trying to stay apprised of the investigation, what if instead he stays close to them because in their presence he relives what he did and revels in the agony of the parents....

A private detective accused of siphoning off money that had been donated to try to find Madeleine McCann has died.

Kevin Halligen, 56, was taken ill at his home in Normandy, Guildford, last Monday. Surrey Police said the death was being treated as unexplained.

He had denied misusing funds intended to aid the search for Madeleine, who went missing in Portugal in May 2007.

Halligen subsequently spent time in jail in the US over an unrelated fraud.

Adrian Gatton, a TV director and investigative journalist, who made a documentary with Halligen in 2014, confirmed his death to the Press Association, saying he had not been in good health.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-42679242

https://news.sky.com/story/madelein...provide-extra-150k-for-investigation-11553455
The Home Office will provide an extra £150,000 for the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, say Sky sources.

Funding for the investigation - dubbed Operation Grange - ran out at the end of September, prompting London's Metropolitan Police to apply for resources to extend it until March 2019.

"We have confirmed that Special Grant funding of £150,000 will be provided to the Metropolitan Police Service for the six-month period to 31 March 2019," a Home Office spokesperson said.

Police bosses have been applying for money to continue inquiries every six months, and the Home Office says it "maintains an ongoing dialogue with the MPS" over funding.

The investigation has cost £11.75m so far.
[....]

well, mummy dearest who I most suspect] and daddy darling have made a fortune off of this poor no doubt dead before reported missing child.. I'm looking at mommie the ost and always have. They did ruin [& kill] that one poor man, devastated his family,taken away a fortune, time and resources of three Portuguese police department and government as welll as suckign everyine eeelse dry emtionally, physically and financially they possibly can. They keep trying to revamp more to grab more money and attention and have been at it again.
This on one site, she's the type to make her kid sick for attention impo or this could have been planned Morocco, Portugal and spain are like Mexico here to the Brits when they plot to harm someone they go on vacation there. Really wish that Netflix hadn't decided to cash in on this as they have a special so mummy s doing all sorts of interviews for her "new" book.

Breaking news here:

A 43-year-old German prisoner who travelled around Portugal in a camper van is now the focus of Scotland Yard's investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Police believe he was in the area where the three-year-old was last seen in May 2007.

They are appealing for information about the van and the suspect's other vehicle, a Jaguar.

The man transferred it to someone else's name the day after she vanished.

"Someone out there knows a lot more than they're letting on,"said DCI Mark Cranwell, who's leading the Met inquiry.

The force said it remained a "missing persons" investigation because it doesn't have "definitive evidence" as to whether Madeleine is alive or not.

She killed herself by helium poisoning?
I guess so.

Just saw this, and yeah, sites that promote suicide advise that this is a "peaceful" death.
Basically, one puts a plastic bag over their head, and uses the nozzle attachment from a helium tank you can buy at party supply stores, or even Walmart, up inside of the bag, and just turn the tank on.
Then one falls asleep fairly rapidly from CO2 and helium narcosis, until they finally just stop breathing from lack of O2 and gaseous asphyxiation.

We had the adult son (and only child) of some very dear friends kill himself this way about 15 years ago.
He was the manager for a CVS drugstore in Inverness, that had an armed robbery, and he hid himself in the back office as he call LE to report the robbery in progress.
While none of his staff were hurt or killed, he bore such guilt for what he felt was "hiding" and not protecting his people, we're almost certain he suffered from severe PTSD from the incident for well over a year and a half afterwards.
He had followed one of those suicide websites, and while his death destroyed his mother who still drinks herself to sleep crying every night, his father went on the rampage against the site and not only hit them with a lawsuit, and multiple letters that he also posted to social media, but also took out 1/4 page adds in all of the major newspapers in the state of FL, and even a few national news papers.

It still breaks my heart thinking of the funeral, with Marky's guitar and diggeridoo up there on the stage beside his picture. Man, he could really play the diggeridoo, and keep the recirculating breathing technique going easily for 4-6 hour sets. He'd just adopted his stepdaughter 2 years before who he adored, and she was only four when he died.
His parents are musicians, but his mother hasn't played *at all* since he died, while his dad still does his own music in the home studio, with myself and other friends occasionally coming in to play/sing backup or when he needs instruments other than guitars and bass on his various tracks.
He's also started a full luthiery repair and advanced neck/bridge adjustment business - he's a fully accredited Luthier's Guild member, graduating from Gibson Guitars in Kalamazoo, Michigan.
Personally, I think it's mostly just to keep busy, and so he can be home as much as possible for his wife.
:(

Back