• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

bowling68

sfiakeL.jpg

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Police are looking for a missing nine-year-old boy who never came home after school on Monday afternoon. Sir Anthony Wright has behavioral challenges, according to his family.

His mom says that he goes to the Nova Center School in Independence and refused to get on the bus Monday afternoon. She says someone at the Nova Center School put her son in a cab.

The nine-year-old jumped out of the cab at some point between the school and her home near 33rd and Bellefontaine, and police said that he left a note with his teacher saying he was going to run away to his biological mom’s house.

“He is special needs, you need to be very careful how you approach him because he might come out the wrong way and have to defend himself,” grandmother Debra Hernandez said.

Kansas City police say he was last seen in the area of 56th and Swope Parkway. He was wearing a blue shirt, khaki pants, gray shoes and had a red backpack.

“He’s been missing since three o’clock today. I’m asking for the public to find him. Look at the picture and find him,” Hernandez said.

Call 911 or Kansas City, Mo., police if you saw him at any point on Monday afternoon.

http://fox4kc.com/2015/04/27/missin...-sought-after-he-didnt-come-home-from-school/

Aw man. I didn't get to watch the news this morning and hadn't seen this, smh. The area he's in is pure Detroit with wall-to-wall gang violence, street shootings/drive bys, drug houses, prostitution, dealers on every corner, dead bodies found right in people's backyards and alleys, you name it.

I hope to hell he either gets where he's going or some decent human being gets to him first. He's not far from the Kansas City Zoo, so maybe he'll stop by and somebody can help him there. Idk what the pedo/chomo stats are in that area right off the bat, but even without it, unless some Good Samaritan comes across him or the police and/or people looking for him find him soon, his chances aren't good at all. :(

His mom says that he goes to the Nova Center School in Independence and refused to get on the bus Monday afternoon. She says someone at the Nova Center School put her son in a cab.

I want to know why he was put into a cab. That's bullshit! :mad: The school should have kept him there until they could reach someone on his contact list.

@gatekeeper I can't imagine how scared he must feel if he is in that kind of neighborhood. :(
And if he is scared he might lash out at anyone trying to help him. I hope he is found soon.

Update from the original link. They found him :)
Police said Tuesday just before noon that they have located 9-year-old Sir Anthony Wright.

According to police, the boy reached out to someone familiar to the family who later picked him up.

The individual who found him then contacted police.

I want to know why he was put into a cab. That's bullshit! :mad: The school should have kept him there until they could reach someone on his contact list.

@gatekeeper I can't imagine how scared he must feel if he is in that kind of neighborhood. :(
And if he is scared he might lash out at anyone trying to help him. I hope he is found soon.

Same here. If he automatically gets aggressive, that is *not* good unless they can tell he's Special Needs and they actually give a damn. Exaggeration isn't my thing, that neighborhood is constantly in the violent crime news.

The abandoned buildings, businesses and houses are older, so I'm hoping there's still a mix of older home owners who're still living there from before it turned into a cesspool 40 years ago. Lots of people still sit on their porches and stoops when the weather's nice, so maybe someone good-hearted will either notice him, or he'll go up to the right person's door asking for a drink of water, to use the phone/bathroom, ask directions, something. If someone made me guess on his odds of finding a Good Sam. vs. dope dealers, drug houses, gang members, etc., I'd guess he's got about 25% chance of finding someone (outside a business of some sort) who'll either call the police or help him get home. :(

:woot: ETA: *HAPPY DANCE, applause!* I just caught the update after I posted. Thx, Sudo! Now, let's work out a safety/contingency plan between fam., friends, the SCHOOL, the bus driver and everyone else concerned now that we know beyond a shadow of a doubt he's apt to stray off the beaten path and still requires close supervision. :) How often do you get to post good stuff like that @bowling68 ? Lol.

Last edited:
Back