• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
A father who repeatedly raped his daughter over a four-year period resulting in her having a baby has been jailed for life.

The man, who cannot be named to protect the girl's identity, admitted attacking her from the age of 10.

After his sentencing at Derby Crown Court, his daughter ran to him, crying out that she still loved him.

Judge Stuart Rafferty QC said it was difficult to "describe his depravity" and ordered he serve at least 15 years.

The court heard that the father had "poisoned" his daughter against her mother, who did not live with them, as part of a grooming process.

Suspicions were first raised when it was discovered the youngster was pregnant.

Giving evidence at his sentencing, the girl shook as she told the court that her father had destroyed her childhood and teenage years.

But she added: "I know what he did was wrong but I grew up with my dad at my side.

"I just wanted him to get help, to make him better, but unfortunately this never happened and it came to this. It has come to me having a baby."

As the man was led away following sentencing his daughter tried to run across the court, crying and screaming "I love you dad".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-32444066

I have a special heart for kids in these psychosexual, emotionally agonizing, incest situations even though in my kidhood, there wasn't a sustained torture painful enough and heinous enough to suit me. As someone who remembers wanting to love either of my bio units, but never finding a reason to, I have to rely solely on what I intuit, imagine, what I've learned experientially/academically and on stories from other kids, now grown, to understand it b/c as long as I live I just don't. And won't. Naturally anyway. :(

ordered he serve at least 15 years

Fifteen years is just not enough. :sour: (Although at least it was 15 to life.) The judge got it right during sentencing when he said: "To be a parent is a privilege. Children do not ask to be born, children are to expect the best from their parents in terms of care and parental love." Poor baby.

I sometimes wish being a parent was an earned privilege--demonstration of basic parenting abilities, etc. But, of course, that could also turn into a bureaucratic nightmare, a eugenic nightmare, etc. so it's not likely to ever happen.

I hope this poor girl finds the support and healthy love she's going to need to begin to recover from this. Sounds like the mother is still around in some way, I just hope she's got a shred of mental competence and can be a good mother to her daughter... and grandchild? It sounds like the girl may have carried to term. This from the story linked above:

The man, fearful that the authorities would find out, encouraged his daughter to continue kick boxing in the hope it would trigger a miscarriage but when that failed they fled.

Eventually a DNA test revealed what he had done.
:(

The article also mentions that he has been "poisoning" the child's mind against her mother, so I am not sure the girl will trust her, even now she is all the parent she has.....

This is the other side of child sex abuse that is just as heartbreaking as the act itself. It is what I always say, a child will always want their bio parents, even after committing the worst acts possible, a child just wants the abuse to stop, not to lose their parent. Its like victimizing the child twice. Parents who commit these crimes do not see past their own physical needs. You do not get to bring a child into this world to annihilate them.

As the man was led away following sentencing his daughter tried to run across the court, crying and screaming "I love you dad".

That part really killed me. Her mind has been so twisted and ruined by this motherfucker, yet her heart still grieves for him because he remains all she's known of home and security and love. That is her role model. And that is fucked up beyond belief.

I hope she can get help, get past the abuse, and live a happy life.

I also hope somebody rips that motherfucker apart in prison.

I myself will never understand how he can be forgiven by her.
I know myself and I would have been cheering to see him fry.
I've seen this dynamic with a few of my friends and I'm shocked ... like why aren't you happy this mother fucker is dead
.... or how can you possibly sit and break bread with your mother when she let these things happen to you. :shrug:

Last edited:
I myself will never understand how he can be forgiven by her.
I know myself and I would have been cheering to see him fry.
I've seen this dynamic with a few of my friends and I'm shocked ... like why aren't you happy this mother fucker is dead
.... or how can you possibly sit and break bread with your mother when she let these things happen to you. :shrug:

Years of warped parenting. Sad all the way around.

The title was enough to make me vomit, but this....
After his sentencing at Derby Crown Court, his daughter ran to him, crying out that she still loved him.
Was enough to make me feel sick down to my core. And that's TWO lives now irrevocably changed, a lifetime worth of trauma for a child-turned-mother and her baby... and the potential generations to come.

To those of you who have commented on this and other posts that have had to endure any form of abuse, and heaven forbid something as horrendous as incest, I send you nothing but tremendous love and sorrow for the fact that you were ever subjected to things that no child ever deserves. Your strength to strive for understanding and move forward without spreading more abuse is beyond moving and praise-worthy. As someone else on DD once eloquently expressed, abuse changes the abuser's value, not the recipient's. Nothing but love to all of you... <3

That poor girl. It is very difficult as a child abused by a parent to seperate the abuse from the 'loving parent who is always there for you and always on your side', especially when the parent is a psychopathic, manipulative abuser who has groomed the child. Even into adulthood these parents still know how to manipulate the adult child into feeling sorry for them, visiting them, etc. It is so difficult to be that child - all her life she will have to deal with the fighting thoughts in her head - He destroyed my life, my childhood, my chance for a normal life - He needs me, I'm the only person who cares for him, he can't take care of himself, he loves me, it's my fault he got in trouble, it's my fault he has nobody in his life, it's my fault he did this to me, it's my fault he is alone and lonely.... That poor child - I hope she gets the therapy she needs to relieve herself of his influence and can find a way to be a productive, healthy adult!

I won't make fun of UK prison sentencing....but MY punishment would be to jail him, of course, and also cut off his dick and make him eat it. Don't do it all at once, either! Cut off an inch every day till it's all gone...then start on his balls. Put it on the telly!

Back