• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Oberle

Trusted Member
This charmer spilled a man's guts over a bicycle. His lawyer thought the charges ranging from attempted murder to robbery were "too severe." Unfortunately, a jury agreed and found him innocent of attempted murder. So slicing a guy open and leaving him holding his own guts is just cranky behavior on the part of a robber? Grrrrrr.

andreykhukhryanskiyjpeg-543dd3fe49ed6c41.jpeg

In closing arguments, an attorney for Andrey Khukhryanskiy didn't dispute accusations that his client sliced open the lower abdomen of a Southeast Portland resident, causing the man's intestines to spill out.

The attorney also didn't contest that his client was in the process of stealing a bicycle when the resident confronted Khukhryanskiy on that June 2014 night.

But Jonathan Sarre, Khukhryanskiy's attorney, argued that the criminal charges -- ranging from attempted murder to robbery -- were too severe and didn't accurately reflect what his client had done.

A Multnomah County Circuit Court jury on Friday agreed to some extent -- finding Khukhryanskiy not guilty of attempted murder but convicting him on 10 other charges, He was found guilty of first-degree assault for slashing open Robert Farris, who testified during the four-day trial that he thought he might die.

The verdict also included guilty findings against Khukhryanskiy for more criminal activity that night, including the carjacking of another man; the theft of a pickup truck and beating of its owner; and a scuffle with a police dog and officers who twice Tasered him before taking him into custody.

Khukhryanskiy faces a minimum of 7½ years in prison, but he conceivably could get as many as 40 years when he is sentenced in Multnomah County Circuit Court in April.

Vasquez said Khukhryanskiy was on a drug-fueled rampage and when confronted about his crimes, reacted with horrific violence during a four-hour period starting June 29, 2014, and lasting into the next day.

His spree started shortly after 10:30 p.m. at a home near Southeast 139th Avenue and Powell Boulevard, where Farris tried to stop Khukhryanskiy from wheeling a bicycle out of the back yard. Farris testified that Khukhryanskiy threatened to kill his dog and walked toward him aggressively, so Farris hit him on the head with an asp baton.

Although Farris didn't know his attacker, a man who lived on the property knew Khukhryanskiy and identified him to police.

Khukhryanskiy's attorney contended that Khukhryanskiy was acting in self-defense when he cut Farris -- and that Khukhryanskiy hadn't intended to kill, nor was the injury as severe as the prosecution made it out to be.

Portland police Officer Sarah Kerwin describes finding slashing victim Robert Farris, holding his intestines in his hands in a Southeast Portland driveway.

Sarre, the defense attorney, pointed to testimony of an Oregon Health Science University doctor who said people who sustain such abdominal wounds have a very low mortality rate -- 1 to 2 percent -- with proper medical attention.

"Now consider if there were five, six stab wounds, or Mr. Khukhryanskiy came back ... that would show that he intended to kill," Sarre said.

Vasquez, the prosecutor, said Farris survived only because of excellent medical intervention, and that he would have died without it. Although the jury ultimately didn't agree, Vasquez asserted that Khukhryanskiy's actions equated to attempted murder.

"He sliced the softest most vulnerable part of a human being, the belly, ...where our internal organs are most vulnerable," Vasquez said. "It's hard to imagine anything more serious than intestines coming out of the body."

Khukhryanskiy told authorities he was on "drugs."

Khukhryanskiy is a repeat convicted thief whose run-ins with the law stretch back to age 14 or 15, when he was first caught with a stolen car. Court records show that when he was 21, he was offered a chance to participate in START, a drug-treatment court, but he failed to show up.

Khukhryanskiy's wife, who had previously told Khukyryanskiy that she wanted nothing to do with him during a recorded jail call, attended her husband's trial. She said she in an email to The Oregonian/OregonLive that she is "standing by him."

Khukhryanskiy's attorney said his client plans to appeal Friday's verdict.
source: http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2015/02/bicycle_thief_who_partially_di.html

kudos west coast, lets wait until he goes all harikiri on someone else and they do die in one of his unfortunate robberies

The victim SURVIVED!? That's crazy!
It's not that crazy, actually. A slash to the abdomen that doesn't rupture any internal organs is pretty damn survivable with prompt and modern medical care. If no major blood vessels were severed and the intestines themselves weren't punctured, paramedics will just hold the guts in with a moist dressing and try to stem the bleeding on the way to hospital. A surgeon and OR team will carefully wash the intestines and place them inside the abdominal cavity, stitch together the abdominal muscles and nerves, and then sew the tummy skin back up. A few weeks in hospital on IV antibiotics and under observation for infection or intestinal twists or blockages and he's good to go.

"So he sliced open his lower abdomen, at least he wasn't being a total dick about it," is what his attorney effectively argued.:mad:

It was fate that he was able to slice through the abdominal wall and not penetrate any vicera. He doesn't look as if he is capable of performing an intentionally unperforated intestinal evisceration.
But hey, I've been wrong before:shrug:

How wonderful. His defense attorney is just as sleazy as he is. He slices someone open like that but didn't mean to kill him and a jury believed that and some how is wife is going to now standing by him. What a lucky sorry ass bastard. Hopefully he get the full 40 years and rots in prison.

It's not that crazy, actually. A slash to the abdomen that doesn't rupture any internal organs is pretty damn survivable with prompt and modern medical care. If no major blood vessels were severed and the intestines themselves weren't punctured, paramedics will just hold the guts in with a moist dressing and try to stem the bleeding on the way to hospital. A surgeon and OR team will carefully wash the intestines and place them inside the abdominal cavity, stitch together the abdominal muscles and nerves, and then sew the tummy skin back up. A few weeks in hospital on IV antibiotics and under observation for infection or intestinal twists or blockages and he's good to go.
I sure the hell don't want to find out!!!o_O

He looks like such a charmer! And very apologetic, he didn't mean to do it, y'all, it was an accident that they guy lived!

"I was on drugs." The new "I was possessed and the devil made me do it." defence. He doesn't look high to me. He looks full of sober belligerent hate. Look at that unrepentent contemptful sneer.

I wonder what kind of drugs he was supposedly on. Bet if he were tested, all they'd find is piss and vinegar. Good chance he's lying or most likely in my opinion using "drugs" as a convenient excuse for his thuggish behaviour going back to age 14.

Cant even blame the defense attorney for this one. This is 100% the fault of a pussy ass jury that doesn't give a shit about crime.

Seriously what the fuck does it take to get attempted murder on somebody? It's rarely charged and when it is it doesn't stick either via some deal or pussy juries.

Not surprising coming from Portland though, what a fucking cesspool. Oregon on the whole is fucking trash.

I wonder how far up this guy is in the Russian Mob? It's a real and very dangerous thing here...

You know the first thing that I noticed when I read this was the dude's Russian name and second was that he's from Oregon. And then, I laughed. I'm not being rude. I'll explain.

I'm far way from Oregon. A few years ago my husband and I were having dinner at a Tepanyaki bar at an all-inclusive resort in the Caribbean. Seated to our left was a senior couple from Philadelpia, US of A. Seated across from us were two couples.

Backtrack to earlier in the day for me. I was enjoying a spiked cappuccino whilst lounging along a concourse by the front lobby when a bus unloaded. As the new arrivals made their way to check-in I noticed the Russians accents amongst the newbies. Bemused at a busload of Russians at a Mexican resort, I joked to my husband at the incongruity. He didn't think it was that funny, but Oh well...

Back to Faux Japanese dinner. I spotted the Ruskies right away as they entered and seated. They weren't speaking. It was the bone structure, the clothing, the attitude. I'm part Eastern European (Slavic) heritage, and have an interest in genetics so I notice this.

Knife show, cheesy vacation jokes, ordering appetizers, my husband talking hockey to the old Philly man. Chef asks everyone where they are from. Philadelphia. Canada. Silence.

Then from one of the blondes across the fryer, "Baltimore" as in "bawl-tee-more" with a slight rolled "r". Wife of the Philly man is staring at her. "Where in Baltimore?"

Blonde #1 answers, "Oh, I didn't live there long." I moved to Oregon. I love it there. Sounding more American then an CNN.

Blonde #2 gives the Philly woman a dirty look and sips her drink. Awkward momentary silence. Then one of the Russian dudes brightens up and say, "We are from Oregon"

The woman from Philapdelphia with the gold crucifix dangling from her mock turtleneck glares at him and hrmphs through the entire rest of the dinner.

Lmao

It was like I could read her thoughts, "No fucking way you are Oregonian, American!"

Ever since whenever I hear or read Oregon, I think Of that woman and "Ohhh My Fuckkkking Gawdddd Sweet Jeeebus Russian Mobster claiming to be Oregonian!!!!"

Being me I had to look it up when I came home and apparently there is some Russian mob influence in the State.

Bike thief who disemboweled Portland man sentenced to prison

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - A bicycle thief who partially disemboweled a Portland man has been sentenced to 17 years and four months in prison.

The Oregonian reports Andrey Khukhryanskiy was given the sentence on Friday. A jury two months ago convicted the 26-year-old Khukhryanskiy on ten counts, including robbery and first-degree assault for slashing open the other man's abdomen, causing his intestines to spill out.
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...rtland-man-sentenced-to-prison-300546711.html

If you are committing a crime such as theft, or in this case robbery cause the victim was there, there shouldn't be any such thing as "self defense" unless the crime victim is using an unreasonable amount of force. I could see the slashing being self defense if the bike owner caught him with a machete or stabbed him...but come on, if you are stealing a bike and get caught you should legally have to take your lumps.

"So this is Oregon huh, tolerant Oregon!"

Back