• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
2lncsxy.jpg

Volunteers gathered in Clinton County Tuesday to look for a woman who has been missing since Easter Sunday.

Family and friends of Kelley Snyder, 34, of Renovo, say it’s completely out of character for her to leave her husband and children. That’s why they were searching for the stay-at-home mom with the help of emergency crews in Renovo. Friends say they are hoping for the best, but worry something could be seriously wrong.

Emergency responders checked off places they’ve searched from a list at Renovo’s fire department.

Nearly 60 emergency personnel, family, and friends including Tosha Packer are helping look for Kelley Snyder. They passed out fliers and searched on ATVs.

“It’s eerie. It’s gut-wrenching. No one can wrap their head around why,” Tosha Packer.

While state police are investigating, family and friends say they have taken over the search. With the help of emergency crews, they are looking everywhere in Renovo.

“No one can sit still. No one has peace of mind. We need answers,” said Packer.

State police say the mother of three went missing around 6 p.m. on Easter Sunday.

“Spent all day making Easter dinner together and they forgot the sweet potatoes,” said Packer.

Friends say Snyder decided to walk around the corner to Dollar General alone.

“Her family waited and waited for her to come back for Easter dinner and she never returned,” said Packer.

State police say they found the purse and wallet of a missing woman near a dumpster close to her home in Renovo.

Kelly Jo Snyder has been missing since Sunday. Volunteers have been searching for her since. She was last seen heading to a store Easter evening.

On Thursday, family and friends held a vigil for the missing 34-year-old mother of three.

Though state police haven’t ruled her disappearance suspicious, her family is very worried for her safety.

http://wnep.com/2015/04/09/family-friends-hold-vigil-for-missing-woman-in-clinton-county/

Though state police haven’t ruled her disappearance suspicious,

Really!? what not suspicious about her pocketbook found near a Dollar General Dumpster!?

I know about Dollar General Dumpsters, I was manager of them awful stores for a long time, I wouldn't throw anything into those nasty things! And What was she doing, voluntarily, on the backside of a DG? Nothing good I can assure you! I hope she skipped out with the sweet tater money and went on a shopping binge but statistics say she's in trouble.

Last edited:
Officially the search for Kelley Jo Snyder continues with the hope the 34-year-old mother of three missing since Sunday in this Clinton County borough is alive.

However, the focus of the search Saturday would indicate authorities fear she might be dead because it was concentrated on the Susquehanna River with underwater cameras and cadaver dogs available if needed.

Two boats were on the swollen river in the Renovo area, said incident commander April Probst. There is no ground search, she said.

The search focus changed following the arrest Friday in Horseheads, N.Y., of Snyder's husband, William J. Snyder, 34, who goes by B.J. He was charged with tampering with evidence.

He waived extradition, was returned to Clinton County and committed to the Clinton County Correctional Facility pending arraignment.

The charge alleges Snyder received an email Friday from the alleged kidnappers and left the state with the phone on which he received it without providing a copy to investigators.

The arrest affidavit states a ransom note appeared Thursday in the mailbox of the Snyder home in the 200 block of Fourth Street that claimed Kelley Jo Snyder was alive but $60,000 was needed for her safe return.

B.J. Snyder denied knowing the source of the note, investigators said.

After he got the purported email Friday, he told police the kidnappers directed him to a local restaurant or his wife would be killed and he was following those instructions, the affidavit states.

Neither police in Pennsylvania nor New York would say why Snyder was in Horseheads. "He was fleeing from something," said Capt. David Young, commander of the state police troop of which Lamar is a part.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2015/04/search_for_missing_renovo_woma.html#incart_river

RENOVO -- The body of a female was found Saturday afternoon in Halls Run in the Renovo area, where police have been searching since Sunday for a 34-year-old missing mother of three.

The Clinton County coroner was on the scene and attempts were being made to identify the body, authorities said.

Kelly Jo Snyder has been missing since about 5:45 p.m. Sunday when she reportedly left her Fourth Street home to walk two blocks to a store to buy sweet potatoes for the Easter diner. She never made it to the store, police said.

Her husband, William J. Snyder, 34, who goes by B.J., was arrested Friday in Horseheads, N.Y., on a charge of tampering with evidence.

The husband of a missing Renovo mother of three has been charged with abuse of corpse and tampering with evidence.

Police charged William J. Snyder, 34, on Saturday night, hours after the body of an unidentified female was found in Halls Run in the Renovo area.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2015/04/body_of_unidentified_female_fo.html

The husband was arrest at a VFW about 35 minutes from my house.

Renovo is about 2hours from me, in the other direction. They haven't said what the fuck he was doing in Horseheads, NY when he lived 2 1/2 hours away from there.

I'm just curious @Krystal, do your Dollar General stores carry sweet potatoes? Or any fresh produce? That part confused me.

I'm just curious @Krystal, do your Dollar General stores carry sweet potatoes? Or any fresh produce? That part confused me.
No. In fact our Dollar General stores can be so small that some don't even have refrigerated sections, some are a bit larger and they have a minimal fridge/freezer section with milk, eggs, cheese, frozen fries and TV dinners, but NO fresh produce.

They do have Dollar General Marketplaces that do carry fresh produce and meat, like a small grocery store but larger than the regular DG. But she could have been going after canned sweet potatoes or yams to make a sweet potato casserole with.

The charge "abuse of corpse" is strange, especially if he hasn't been charged with murder. Tho I sincerely believe he killed her and it's coming.

The charge "abuse of corpse" is strange
What I read was that he is alleging that she died in the house and then he dumped her body. I'm guessing that he's saying natural causes maybe even OD and he freaked and dumped her body.

But I wholly agree that the murder charge is only a matter of time.

What I read was that he is alleging that she died in the house and then he dumped her body.

Oh okay I missed that part, it did sound as if they were confused or something. LOL

It also sounded weird, to me, that she was walking to get sweet potatoes, the fresh ones not canned, on Easter Sunday for Easter dinner, it would have taken alot of time to prepare fresh sweet potatoes for a casserole, but since he made it up and most likely didn't have a clue what it takes to make a casserole, he just pulled that little tidbit straight out of his butt as an excuse for her being away from the house when she "disappeared". Poor kids, losing their mother like that on Easter Sunday.

“Spent all day making Easter dinner together and they forgot the sweet potatoes,” said Packer.

Who her and her husband? Nah, he spent the day fighting while she was cooking.

say it’s completely out of character for her to leave her husband and children. That’s why they were searching for the stay-at-home mom with the help of emergency crews in Renovo. Friends say they are hoping for the best, but worry something could be seriously wrong.

...because they know that she was abused and wouldn't leave him before, so there has got to be something wrong now?

okay I missed that part, it did sound as if they were confused or something
I don't know if it was in any of the articles posted here. this has been in my local paper and on the local news. I read that tidbit in todays paper. Which, of course, won't come up in the Internet copy of the paper.

If I came home and found my wife dead, the first thing I'd be doing is calling 911 - not looking for a place to dump the body. He had a reason for dumping her, and there was nothing natural about it.

It still amazes me how often this domestic shit happens. Doesn't ANYbody learn from the mistakes of others?? Morans.

She was beautiful, him not so much. What a loser. Poor kids, hope they have someone to love them and help them through this.

Here's the latest on this confusing case:
William Snyder admitted to taking his wife’s body from their home to a remote location near Renovo, he has not yet been charged with her death.

We also learned the couple’s oldest son told state police he saw his mother leave for the Dollar General on Easter Sunday and never return.

The Clinton County coroner now says the body found in a remote location near Renovo over the weekend was, in fact, Kelley Jo Snyder.

According to court papers filed over the past weekend, Snyder’s husband William admitted to dumping her body. He also told state police he reported her missing and faked a ransom note. He was arrested and right now faces charges of abuse of a corpse and tampering with evidence.

Neighbors tell Newswatch 16 they were surprised by William Snyder’s arrest because they thought the couple got along well.

“He was in the military and I never expected anything like that from him. I didn’t think he would ever do something like that,” said Rick Probst.

Neighbors say the couple’s kids who are 3, 8, and 14 were home on Easter Sunday. The couple’s 14-year-old son told state police he saw his mother leave for the Dollar General and never come home.

Neighbors say there are many rumors about Kelley Jo’s disappearance.

“I didn’t believe any of it until they actually found her or anything. There are 56 different stories I heard and they found her body 56 different times, so it’s hard to believe what you hear around here,” said Richard MacKenzie.

The Clinton County coroner did not give a cause for Kelley Jo Snyder’s death. He says it will take a few weeks until toxicology reports come back. Family friends tell Newswatch 16 there is a fund set up to pay for funeral expenses and to help Snyder’s children.
http://wnep.com/2015/04/13/body-found-identified-as-kelley-jo-snyder/
I wonder what all the rumors are that the neighbors mention? And when/how did she die? Hubby admits to dumping her body & faking the ransom- but the son says he saw his mom leave for the store in search of sweet potatoes & that she never returned- did hubby send her on the errand & then ambush her along the route? And wouldn't the kids have noticed if dad had left too? And what if mom decided 'screw the sweet potatoes'- was it a crime of opportunity? Lots of unanswered questions at this point.

Neighbors tell Newswatch 16 they were surprised by William Snyder’s arrest because they thought the couple got along well
Then someone is lying somewhere because earlier articles told of their "tumultuous" relationship...

They do have Dollar General Marketplaces that sell everything that a traditional grocery store sells, about twice the size of a regular DG, but it has been 7 years since I was a DG manager, so I can't be sure.

Back