• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
The remains of a newborn have been found in a backyard, sheriff's deputies said.

A homeowner in the 1500 block of West 104th Street, an unincorporated area east of Inglewood, reported finding the remains just after 10 a.m., Los Angeles County sheriff's officials said in a statement.

The 1- to 3-days-old baby was apparently dismembered, deputies said. "Significant portions" of the infant's body were missing.

Neighbors were asked to look in their yards and trash cans for "suspicious items that have been discarded," deputies said.

Detectives would like to speak with any females who were recently pregnant, are no longer pregnant, and the baby is absent," deputies said.

Britany Placencia, 9, said she found a body part while playing with her dog in her backyard, then ran to tell her mother.

"The dog was sniffing the ball... so I was going to get the ball and I got it. I saw the leg," the girl said.

The girl's mother came out, saw the leg near a bicycle and called 911. Then she found a baby's head in her side yard.
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Possible-Remains-of-Infant-Found-301326771.html

Then she found a baby's head in her side yard.

I can't even imaging typing that, let alone living it. That woman will never forget the experience, I'm sure—sort of like a full stop right in the middle of her life. I can only hope the little girl was spared the sight. :depressed:

Seriously????
The kid's last name is Placencia???

According to the net, it just means her ancestors came from a Basque town called Plaentzia—anything else it sounds like is just a coincidence. (A hugely icky, twisted, coincidence.:wtf:)

Is there any indication that the dismemberment wasn't done by stray animals? I mean, yes, it's still horrible, but I can imagine (cuz I have a sick twisted imagination) that someone abandons their newborn in the woods and the animals just kinda take it apart, dogs fighting over parts, til they all run off with whatever they could grip in their jaws. Probably not what happened but... it's possible, right?

Is there any indication that the dismemberment wasn't done by stray animals? I mean, yes, it's still horrible, but I can imagine (cuz I have a sick twisted imagination) that someone abandons their newborn in the woods and the animals just kinda take it apart, dogs fighting over parts, til they all run off with whatever they could grip in their jaws. Probably not what happened but... it's possible, right?

That's actually the first thing I thought.

All I can say is, AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

That would be the most hesitantly I have ever opened a trash can...
:pout:

Just horrific beyond words.Poor baby, little girl and girl's mom! WTAF???? Do not want!!! Ugggghhhhh!!!

LASD - Los Angeles County Sheriffs Dept Information Bureau (SIB)

Advisory -

#LASD Homicide det seeking public’s help re: infant remains found at 1500 block of W. 104th Street, Los Angeles

Los Angeles County Sheriff's Homicide detectives are continuing their investigation into the circumstances surrounding the death of an infant that was discovered on Saturday, April 25, 2015 at 10:05 A.M. in the 1500 block of West 104th Street, Los Angeles.

Detectives have learned that deputies from South Los Angeles Sheriff’s Station received a call of suspicious circumstances in the 1500 block of West 104th Street, Los Angeles. Deputies arrived and contacted the homeowner who told them they located what they believed to be human remains.

Homicide Detectives and Investigators from the Department of the Coroner’s Office arrived and confirmed that the remains were human. The remains are that of a 1 to 3 day old infant. The infant appears to have been dismembered. Significant portions of the body are still missing.

Detectives are seeking the public’s assistance in two areas:

First, residents in the area of 1500 block of West 104th Street are urged to look in their yards and trash cans for suspicious items that have been discarded. It is possible that additional remains have been Los discarded in the area.

Second, Detectives would like to speak with any females who were recently pregnant, are no longer pregnant, and the baby is absent.

Anyone with information about this incident is encouraged to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau Detectives Adan Torres or Francis X. Hardiman at (323) 890-5500. If you prefer to provide information anonymously, you may call "Crime Stoppers" by dialing (800) 222-TIPS (8477), or texting the letters TIPLA plus your tip to CRIMES (274637), or by using the website http://lacrimestoppers.org.

Written by:

Ryan Rouzan, Deputy

Sheriff's Information Bureau - Newsroom

Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department

323-267-4800

This is so sad beyond words for everyone affected by this. The little girl that found the body part...the girls mother who found the precious baby's head...the police. I don't believe I'd ever be the same again if I witnessed something so horrific and heinous. RIP angel. I hope they find the monster that did this to you and puts them away forever.

This story is likely to give me nightmares. I can't imagine the lifetime of nightmares I would have if I was to find baby body parts! What the fuck... To find a newborn baby head?!?! I would have to fucking move!!!

This is just beyond sad its downright evil this is the craziest crap I've ever heard of!!! The world is coming to an end because this is UNGODLY and absolutely the work of the devil. How in the hell does a human being dismember a newborn baby.
What? The work of the devil? Um, no.

Back