• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
@Abroad , a part of the daily mail link explaining the adoptive grandparents:

John Winkler and Laura Martinez considered themselves Adrian's grandparents, even though they weren't blood related to the little boy. Martinez's son - Winkler's stepson - started dating Langlais when she was six-months pregnant with Adrian and they continued to babysit the toddler when the two eventually broke up.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3052541/Woman-told-worried-family-mind-business-two-months-son-beaten-death-boyfriend.html#ixzz3YFgnhKtN
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

@Abroad , a part of the daily mail link explaining the adoptive grandparents:

John Winkler and Laura Martinez considered themselves Adrian's grandparents, even though they weren't blood related to the little boy. Martinez's son - Winkler's stepson - started dating Langlais when she was six-months pregnant with Adrian and they continued to babysit the toddler when the two eventually broke up.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3052541/Woman-told-worried-family-mind-business-two-months-son-beaten-death-boyfriend.html#ixzz3YFgnhKtN
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Thanks! That would make it harder for them to knock sense into Jessica. They had no legal rights in that situation.

I agree with what BB said about the mother being charged right along side the penis. She allowed this to happen because she KNEW it was happening and did NOTHING to stop it. I'm sorry but NO dick is worth the lives of my children. I'm just glad mine are grown now. Now I get to worry about my grand-babies. If CPS was already involved, that means SOMEONE saw something that warranted a call, and SOMETHING must have already happened. Screw the waiting to see if he gets hurt worse.. Pack your precious child up and get the fuck out. There are plenty of good dicks out there that won't hurt him. Stupid bitch.

Oh and Go Die in Fire, for letting this happen to that precious baby..

~shadow
Drea stupid trash bag mom Jessica- before you go and die in a fire first I will beat the ever loving shit out of you for a few days... Til I fell better.. And then go die in a fire.... During which shadow and I will be eating popcorn and watching your skanky ass burn.

My family would have kicked my motherfucking ass and taken my child from me. Just sayin'. They would have begged me to call the cops afterwards too, begged me, dared me even, "go ahead they'll love to see your child abused".

While I understand why more families don't react like mine would, I can guarantee you that my family wouldn't have "minded their business" because well, my children are their family so therefore they are their business.
Same here dude...ma dukes woulda put me through a wall had I done something like that

I don't have any grandchildren but I do have an honorary grandson who is 18 months old, he is my best friend's only grandchild and she lets me share with her and OH baby do we have fun! He is a picky eater and won't really eat anything when he is at grandmama's house. Today we fixed sketti-os, supposedly he loves them. He smeared them around some, threw some on the floor and then freaked out when he spit some out on his chest, he could have it everywhere else BUT NOT ON HIS CHEST! So we cleaned him up and redressed him and went and played some more in the living room. He loves an I-Pad! LOL just a very tired Grandmama and Aunt Grandmama, no blood loss, no caved in skulls, no broken legs, are we doing it wrong?

There is a letter posted about halfway down the page by jcwink that is written by the last doctor that saw Adrian in December. He says he contacted DFCS about Adrian and tried repeatedly to follow up in Feb. and March only to find out that the case workers closed the case anyway. It is a revealing read and hopefully it's authenic and really written by Adrian's Doctor. I didn't know if it would be permitted to cut and paste it here.

jcwink's email to his State Representative is so sad to read. Sounds like the Department of Family and Protective Services failed miserably. I hope this woman Jasma Hayes is fired on the spot.

@Mata Hari commented:
I feel like after women give birth there should be some sort of better mental health screening and follow up for those who seem indifferent to their babies.
This is exactly part of the reason a couple of our larger hospitals here are doing automatic Home Health visits by nurses after mom/baby's discharge from the hospital. There's no criteria you have to meet, nothing a mom has to request, it's been added as a routine part of continuing maternal and infant follow up care. I love it and I hope it spreads like wildfire.

Last edited:
Right, so, the floor beat him to death is it? Or was it the playpen? Is it nicknamed Mike Tyson cause that's one hell of a vicious playpen.
..."how to tell if someone has went braindead" and "toddler can't walk or use right side after hitting head."

"...has went braindead..." I think you're brain dead buddy. And instead of "after hitting head," I believe that should say, "after hitting his head on my fist."

The part that REALLY gets to me is that wildly inappropriate FB invite. I wonder if going to the bar translates into, "I'm finally free of the brat! Oh, but please come drink with me as I milk a ton of attention from this!"

Maybe it didn't dawn on her that she'll be investigated too and that going to a bar with friends the same day looks just a weeeeee bit suspicious. Why are people so DUMB?!

I really hope she genuinely loved her son, but the evidence would appear to the contrary. Poor little guy! :( He was so adorable.

This is exactly part of the reason a couple of our larger hospitals here are doing automatic Home Health visits by nurses after mom/baby's discharge from the hospital. There's no criteria you have to meet, nothing a mom has to request, it's been added as a routine part of continuing maternal and infant follow up care. I love it and I hope it spreads like wildfire.

You mean this is not routine in the US?

Sorry, I couldn't resist lol. No ma'am it is not. It's only recently become routine with certain healthcare orgs. over the last few yrs., but we're catching up! <3

ETA: It's usually people griping about the U.K., but busted, we're pretty slow on the uptake on this one. :)

That was not actually intended as a joke.

Your midwife will come to your house the day after you go home from hospital, or, if you have had a home birth, the day after you give birth. Midwives usually visit you for up to 10 days after you have had your baby but are responsible for your care for a full 28 days after birth. The midwife will not visit daily unless you are having breast feeding difficulties.

http://www.antenatalonline.co.uk/early-days/early-days.asp?Page=visits-and-checks

And I am not going to lie: While I have never given birth, I know enough people who have to know that sometimes they only get there on the second or third day, but they do get there, and the more vulnerable a new mother seems, the more certain it is that they will get there promptly......

It's one of two reasons.

Number one: New moms in the USA stay in hospital longer than UK moms, and get their info and such there. We also don't do home births near as much.

Number two: 'Merica! We don't need any nurse to come tell us how to take care of our chillens! How dare her presume!

I had a nurse come visit after my first, but I was a teen and lived in a maternity home. As a grown woman I'd decline the visit.

So bio dad was out of the picture before baby was even born, she began dating a new guy whilst 6 months pregnant, that lasted for a year-and-a-half or so, then she moved on to another guy in time for him to be killed on his 2nd birthday.

That's probably missing a few hook-ups here and there, but I think that's the main characters and timeline. I guess new moms have a lot more energy when they don't actually care about the kid.

some of this is my own issue, but come the fuck on. never mind that this was a two year old. you gotta hit someone, hit them, you feel the need to kick, then kick. but what in the fuck kind of pantywaste decides to up and bite someone?

As promised lol. There's sausage down there a waffle some cereal. That's a clean diaper by the way. Poptart smeared on the side of her chair. It's a madhouse. But no matter how bad she gets all I can say is "goddamit Daphnie why won't you eat?"

LMFAO!!!!!!!

<3<3<3

I am not sure why this story has effected me more than the others but it has. Her posting has just floored me. Being a person who has dealt with alcoholics her whole life, her posting to meet at a bar for one night to forget. BITCH THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM... DO NOT EVER FORGET, EVER! This was YOUR CHILD! Losing a child is a pain that loving mother's cannot even fathom, loving mother's do EVERYTHING in their power to prevent anything from happening to their child. I have a hard time imagining any mother in this forum even TOUCHING their computer after a loss of a child. Bitch, you wouldn't even be able to get me off the floor if I had lost my child, by any means. I cannot even excuse her for being young and of the computer age. Cold hearted ignorant attention whore, at the expense of your child's life and the DICK you couldn't give up.

Would you also decline, if there were no stigma at all attached to it? They visit *all* new mothers here, not just the ones that are perceived to be at risk.

Maybe, maybe not. The nurse I saw was pretty judgy, but like I said I was a teen in a group home. As an adult I'd be more inclined to accept the visit, but most likely I'd say no thanks unless I felt I really needed help. It's a cultural thing here I think. If you require or accept help you're failing.

I had PPP with my third, and still didn't tell my midwife. I had full on fantasies about putting him the microwave to the point my husband removed it from our house, and I still stayed quiet.

The stigma is huge.

I don't know if I'd get over losing my kids now, when they are 30 and 35. As a baby, oh no, I'd still be crying.

There is a letter posted about halfway down the page by jcwink that is written by the last doctor that saw Adrian in December. He says he contacted DFCS about Adrian and tried repeatedly to follow up in Feb. and March only to find out that the case workers closed the case anyway. It is a revealing read and hopefully it's authenic and really written by Adrian's Doctor. I didn't know if it would be permitted to cut and paste it here.
The letter written by Adrian's "primary care provider" is actually not from his doctor, but from those adoptive grandparents who cared for him during the first year and a half of his life while his mother worked, partied, and generally made poor life choices. His wording was not clear, and my guess is that he's not aware that in common parlance a primary care provider is one's physician, not your go-to babysitter.

I hope that clears things up a bit. Still very sad.

Last edited:
Sad graveside pic of non-related, adoptive grandparents and video of Adrian are personally copyrighted, so please click link: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...ticle19248963.html#/tabPane=tabs-b0710947-1-1

This is heart-breaking and so friggin' disgusting at the same time. :( :rage: Whole story exceeds character limit. From @diekatze 's link, Part 1:

FORT WORTH - They weren’t related to the boy, but John Winkler and Laura Martinez considered themselves adoptive grandparents to young Adrian Langlais.

When Martinez’s son began living with Jessica Langlais, then six months pregnant with Adrian by another man, Martinez and Winkler welcomed the expectant mother into their lives.

When Adrian was born on March 18, 2013, Martinez was among the first at the hospital to hold him.

Martinez and Winkler, her common-law husband, began baby-sitting Adrian when Langlais returned to work. It was a task that Winkler gladly continued even after the relationship between Langlais and Martinez’s son ended — and his own relationship with Martinez began to fall apart.

Last fall, not long after Langlais started dating Christian Tyrrell, Winkler said, he noticed bruises on Adrian, accompanied by what he called unusual behavior.

Winkler said he expressed concern to Langlais and to Adrian’s biological father and eventually to Child Protective Services, which investigated and closed its case in February, ruling out abuse or neglect by Adrian’s biological parents and Tyrrell.

“They left the child vulnerable,” Winkler said. “They made that decision and they made the wrong decision.”

On March 18 — Adrian’s second birthday — the toddler was taken by ambulance to a hospital, where an examination revealed severe head trauma, including multiple skull fractures and bleeding on the brain, as well as bruising and swelling around his eyes, neck and head. His body also had bite marks.

Adrian died the next day.

On Wednesday, Fort Worth police arrested Tyrrell on a capital murder warrant at his parents’ home, accusing the 22-year-old of inflicting the injuries that caused Adrian’s death. Bail was set at $1 million.

“No other charges in this case are anticipated at this time,” said Sgt. Jim Thomson, supervisor of the crimes against children unit.

Though grateful for the arrest, Winkler and Martinez say the child’s mother and CPS employees should also be held accountable for not protecting Adrian. Winkler has reached out to politicians and started a Facebook pageaimed at telling Adrian’s story and pushing for justice.

Because the criminal case is still active, CPS officials said they have not been cleared to release information. Langlais did not return a phone message and a Facebook message seeking comment.

“To know he’s gone is breaking me,” Martinez said in a recent interview. “But on the other hand, I’m happy because he’s not here anymore. He didn’t deserve the life these people were giving to him. I’m glad he’s with God.

“I’m glad nobody is going to hurt him anymore.”

‘Mind your own business’
Winkler, a landlord who leased a home in the 1900 block of Cedar Tree Lane to Langlais, said he first questioned her about Adrian’s bruises in November.

He said Langlais told him they occurred as Adrian played and roughhoused with other children at the home of Tyrrell’s mother, who sometimes cared for the boy.

“In about November, I start noticing a change in Adrian’s behavior,” Winkler said. “He’s starting to hit me in the face. Sometimes when she brings him over, he’s like in shock. … He clings to me. I’m telling her, ‘I don’t know what the deal is but there’s something going on here.’”

“Her indifference about it was a concern.”

After consulting with Adrian’s father and others, including an attorney, Winkler reported the injuries to CPS on Dec. 23, knowing that if Langlais found out, she would likely cut off his access to Adrian.

But before Langlais learned of the CPS complaint, things boiled over on the night of Dec. 26 after Tyrrell came to pick Adrian up and Adrian appeared frightened, Winkler said.

“He immediately ran to me, grabbed me … and was holding on,” Winkler recalled. “He would look over and look away from him, and he started crying. He dug into my arm with his little fingernails so much it broke the skin.”

Winkler said he told Tyrrell that he’d drop off the boy when Langlais returned home from work.

“He got real upset and left. He immediately went up to Jessica’s work, and I started receiving texts from her,” Winkler said.

In the text message exchange, which Winkler shared with the Star-Telegram, he told Langlais that Adrian seemed afraid to go with Tyrrell. Langlais responded that the boy was just having a tantrum.

“John you can’t make decisions like that. I am his mother,” Langlais texted Winkler. “And if you keep this up I’m gonna have to make other arrangement for Adrian.”

Winkler texted back that he loved and cared about her and Adrian and had only her best interests in mind.

“John I don’t appreciate you insinuating that Christian is harmful to me and my child, Christian loves Adrian and is really good with him,” she responded.

“Adrian is frightened of him, that is a fact … I am concerned you do not realize it,” Winkler replied.

“That’s your opinion,” Langlais wrote. “Please mind your own business.”

It was the last night Winkler was allowed to watch Adrian.

Winkler’s criminal record
After Langlais learned of the CPS complaint, Winkler said she called him and told him that she had informed CPS of Winkler’s criminal record and that he was no longer allowed to see Adrian.

Winkler’s most recent legal problems were connected to the breakup of Langlais and Martinez’s son. After the breakup — and before she started dating Tyrrell — Langlais started seeing Adrian’s father, Ulises Hererra, again.

Winkler said Martinez’s son became angry with him after he helped Langlais move items out of the apartment that they had shared. Then Martinez grew upset with how Langlais had treated her son. Martinez wanted Winkler to cease contact with Langlais.

When he would not, the relationship between Winkler and Martinez deteriorated and they separated. The two, however, remained friends, with Martinez often visiting Winkler when he was caring for Adrian so she could see the boy.

In May 2014, Winkler said, he went to the Grapevine restaurant where Martinez’s son worked to try to smooth things over with him. Instead, he was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated and aggravated assault after he accelerated his vehicle toward the restaurant’s general manager, who had asked him to leave.

Though Langlais was aware of his legal problems, Winkler said, she had no reservations with him continuing to care for Adrian. Only after he made the CPS report did Langlais use his arrest against him, he said.

The aggravated-assault case was dismissed last month after Winkler pleaded guilty to DWI — his third such conviction — in exchange for five years’ probation.

Part 2:
Last glimpse of Adrian
Martinez, who said she also made a CPS complaint, was prevented from seeing the boy as well.

“Do you know how many times I went to bed thinking, ‘How can I kidnap Adrian and get away with it?’” Martinez said. “I knew I couldn’t.”

The two last saw Adrian on Feb. 21 when Winkler went by Langlais’ rental home to mow the lawn. Adrian, who was being baby-sat by Tyrrell’s sister, excitedly peered out at him through the living room window. Martinez soon joined Winkler at the window, both waving and talking to the boy through the glass.

“I’m going, ‘Hey, what are you doing? What are doing, Boo-boo?’” Winkler recalled. “He’s just full of life — happy.”

Both Winkler and Martinez say they’re upset with CPS’ handling of the case.

Winkler said a CPS investigator never asked to interview him after he filed his complaint and only reluctantly met with him in person Feb. 9.

During the meeting, Winkler said, he expressed his concerns that Tyrrell had violent tendencies and posed a danger to Adrian. He said the investigator assured him that the case was under investigation and that CPS would be in contact with the family.

But two days later, the investigator closed the case, according to a letter that Winkler received from the agency in March.

Mother’s account
Langlais and her boyfriend indicated to police that Adrian’s injuries occurred on March 17, the day before the boy was hospitalized, while both adults were at home.

Langlais told investigators that Tyrrell put Adrian in a “timeout” in his playpen that day after Adrian refused to eat his lunch. She said she heard Tyrrell yell at Adrian, followed by silence.

“Adrian was no longer crying or making noise,” Detective A. Heise, with the crimes against children unit, wrote in the arrest warrant affidavit for Tyrrell.

Langlais said that when Tyrrell brought Adrian out from the room about 10 or 20 minutes later, he had facial bruising and his eyes kept rolling back.

“Christian told Jessica that when he entered the spare bedroom to retrieve Adrian from timeout, Christian discovered Adrian outside of the playpen, lying on his back with his feet against the wall of the playpen,” the affidavit says.

Adrian vomited that night and could not stand on his own, Langlais told the detective.

She said she fed him a slice of banana the next morning, which he quickly regurgitated. Later, when Tyrrell dropped her off at work, Adrian’s head was lying against the side of his car seat “like he couldn’t move it.” He opened his eyes only when she kissed him goodbye.

At 1 p.m., Tyrrell called her at work to say that Adrian had had a seizure and stopped breathing and that he was about to be taken by ambulance to the hospital, she told police.

Boyfriend’s account
Tyrrell told investigators that he spanked Adrian and put him in timeout after he refused to eat his lunch.

He said he retrieved the boy about five minutes later and tried to feed him again, but Adrian still refused and was put back in the playpen.

“You need to start acting better. You know you need to eat,” Tyrrell said he told the boy, according to the affidavit. He said Adrian acted “pretty pissed” in return.

Tyrrell said Adrian fell asleep. He said he went to check on the boy between 6 and 6:30 p.m. and found him lying on the floor “like he fell backwards” out of the playpen.

He told the detective that he asked Adrian whether he was OK and that the boy stood up and acted normally.

Tyrrell said Adrian later vomited and appeared “sleepy” but seemed fine the next morning — alert, talking and “having fun,” the affidavit states.

Tyrrell said that after dropping off Langlais at work around 10:30 a.m., he and the boy played together. He said he called 911 about 1:30 p.m. after seeing Adrian “stagger” and fall, gasping for air with his eyes rolled back in his head.

An analysis of Tyrrell’s cellphone, which had been seized by police, shows an Internet search at 11:01 p.m. March 17 — more than 14 hours before he would call 911 — for “how to tell if someone has went braindead.”

Additional online searches that night and the next morning pertained to head injuries, concussions and “toddler can’t walk or use right side after hitting head,” the affidavit says.

He ‘was an exception’
In Winkler’s Fort Worth apartment, signs of Adrian are everywhere.

The boy’s clothes remain folded in drawers and hanging in the closet. His stuffed animals line the headboard. A T-ball set, still in the unopened box, leans against the bedroom wall — a gift for Adrian’s second birthday that he never got to see.

Winkler had taken Adrian to baseball games, as well as the park and the Fort Worth Botanic Garden.

“I’ve got grandkids and I’m partial to them, but this little child was an exception. He was an exceptional young life, full of love,” Winkler said.

In the now-empty rental house — Winkler evicted Langlais after Adrian’s death — police have removed a square section of Adrian’s bedroom wall as part of their investigation, as well as a small section of carpet from a different bedroom that had contained the playpen.

“His bed was right here,” he cried, pointing to a corner of Adrian’s bedroom, which Langlais had painted a bright green. “Whenever they were both working and he wouldn’t go to sleep, I’d lay right down here on the floor and have my hand in the crib and he’d go to sleep.

“I brought him over here and I thought everything was going to be good, and he ended up getting hurt in this house.”

When my son passed away ten years ago he was eighteen.... The last thing i wanted was to go out drinking...I did start drinking a lot though .. by myself ..I wanted to die... Thank God I had two amazing teenagers at home who were pretty damn smart so hiding blew up in my face real fast...I'm glad though because when I was trashed dieing sounded like the answer ... my daughter was about 16 and it was about six months after he had passed and she came to my room and I was bawling like a baby and she said.. Mom I can't live with you anymore all you do is cry....well I cried a lot more during the night.. Because I realized yes I lost my son . I can't bring him back .. but ..if I don't change I'm gonna lose my other two...Not by death.. But by me pushing them away .. the next morning ..I started being a mom they deserved again...I still have not stopped crying though .. I've just learned to control it .. my favorite spot is when I'm driving and listening to the radio ..all by myself though...I cannot even begin to understand how this pos wanted to goto the bar and forget.. I WILL NEVER FORGET. AND I DON'T WANT TO...

Latest posts

Back