• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
vqtc10.jpg

This story is just complete wtf?! Parents were notified, believed him, then let him babysit and take their kids to the woods?!?!:eek:

They found the fliers on their doors in December, bearing the stiff-jawed mug shot of the stranger in Apartment 211.

He was a sex predator, the fliers warned, freed a year earlier after spending nearly 15 in prison.

Michael Shepard told his new neighbors not to worry: It was a Romeo and Juliet affair that got him locked up; a preacher's daughter, her angry father.

Some parents at the Pinellas Park complex believed Shepard. Some even let him babysit.

Others noticed his shifting stories. They held their children more closely, made extra fliers.

They watched as Shepard rode with children on his scooter, gripping their small bodies on the way to the wooded "hideout." They watched him buy them McDonald's, ice cream, video games.

Shepard, 35, kept hidden what really sent him to prison: the three young boys and little girl he sought out and molested. And neighbors didn't know about the psychologists who debated whether he was so dangerous the state should keep him confined.

Now, less than 18 months since his release, Shepard faces 14 new charges of raping or assaulting at least seven children in one of the worst cases of its kind local police can recall.

Shepard manipulated his victims into sex acts, police say, often in front of other children. One girl was 5 years old.

LOTS more details about his disgusting past at link.
http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...econd-chance-now-faces-14-new-charges/2226172

Damn, these people were stupid! Even if all he lied about sounded reasonable, what parent thinks a middle-aged single man right out of prison would make a great babysitter? Don't they have teenaged girls in the neighborhood who want to earn money? Ahhh...money. I'm betting this guy offered to watch their kids for FREE and I guess some idiots are willing to overlook just about anything to save a buck.

Michael Shepard told his new neighbors not to worry: It was a Romeo and Juliet affair that got him locked up; a preacher's daughter, her angry father.
And that supposedly cost him 15 years in prison? Dear God Almighty, I'm baffled that people bought that.

No wait, I've been here long enough that I'm not baffled or shocked, I'm just not anymore but I think whoever bought that story is window-licking stupid.

This month, Shepard's neighbors sat and smoked, wishing they'd heeded the warning signs and lambasting the system for letting him go.

Lambasting the system?
For once, it appears the system was doing what it was supposed to.
The parents need to take some responsibility for their ignorance.

Auugghhhh! Pinellas County again! :arghh:

And neighbors didn't know about the psychologists who debated whether he was so dangerous the state should keep him confined.

Perhaps we should consider that debate settled??? Seriously, we need to change the judicial system's approach to locking up child sex offenders. These guys DON'T CHANGE.

What a crock of shit. Those parents. Just what the fuck were they thinking. Oh wait that's the problem they weren't thinking. At all.
I have no words for these people. Given that this happened at a trailer park in Florida I shouldn't be too surprised but you would think there would be a braincell firing somewhere amongst the group to know something wasn't kosher.

What a crock of shit. Those parents. Just what the fuck were they thinking. Oh wait that's the problem they weren't thinking. At all.
I have no words for these people. Given that this happened at a trailer park in Florida I shouldn't be too surprised but you would think there would be a braincell firing somewhere amongst the group to know something wasn't kosher.

It's a shame "too stupid to take good care of your kids" doesn't equate in real life with "too stupid to get pregnant." The instinctual urge to fuck overrules everything, and ill-educated or mentally challenged folks get pregnant all the time—sigh.

Honestly I stared at this ....
WHAT FUCKING IDIOTS!! :punch::rage: who the hell is going to believe the likes of this dude!?!?!
I guess a bunch of inbred dumb fucks.

And that supposedly cost him 15 years in prison? Dear God Almighty, I'm baffled that people bought that.

No wait, I've been here long enough that I'm not baffled or shocked, I'm just not anymore but I think whoever bought that story is window-licking stupid.
Window licking... Paint chip eating stupid. Holy fuck... Ppl not only believed that lame ass story... But then let him babysit?? Seriously??

Lambasting the system?
For once, it appears the system was doing what it was supposed to.
The parents need to take some responsibility for their ignorance.
Dumb ass fucking parents. What a bunch of morons. That scum probably couldn't believe his good luck...what with the parents practically serving their kids up to him on a platter

This month, Shepard's neighbors sat and smoked, wishing they'd heeded the warning signs and lambasting the system for letting him go.

You were warned...and guess who paid the the price. I hope you all choke on you're f**kin' smokes.:finger:

They all saw the fliers, saw him 'grip the children's small bodies' on his scooter, watched him 'groom' these children with gifts-- yet sat by & said/did NOTHING-- they were accessories to his crime!

And to the parents who let this monster babysit after 'believing his explanation' & ignoring the truth in front of their faces-- You handed a RAT the key to the cheese factory & you're surprised at the result?! FUCK YOU!

This man sat in prison for fifteen years with nothing to think about but how to hone his craft. These sick fucks become experts. Experts in grooming parents and children alike. This wasn't some Craigslist ad he placed! He spent time with these families. Earned their trust. And he was undoubtedly targeting the desperate and vulnerable. People who are, yes, not as bright as us. Not as savvy as we are. We sit here and call them "stupid!" like they're someone like us who just negligently ignored the warning signs. No... some people are quite literally stupid. 100 is the average I.Q. A great deal of the population is beneath that. Some, substantially.

I understand the anger, but we should really be shaking our heads with pity. What are we supposed to do, delve back into eugenics? The system is supposed to protect these people. The individuals who paroled him. Them. That is who your disgust should be pointed at. Why on earth are we releasing people whose crimes are so likely to be repeated that we feel the need to send out flyers? Flyers. Really?

This story is just complete wtf?! Parents were notified, believed him, then let him babysit and take their kids to the woods?!?

I didn't even want to read the article after hearing that intro, but I took a deep breath and did... and now I wish they had criminal convictions for being STUPID!!!! Wtf?! Wouldn't someone look up details on the guy just to make sure his story was adding up? Personally, even if it had been a "Romeo and Juliet" situation as he stated, I STILL would not let my children out of my sight around that man!! Why wouldn't their inner alarm bells be going crazy when the perv started spending so much time with the kids and buying them things?? Heeeeellllloooooooo!!!! Unbelievable.

Why don't more states have a Special Commitment Center like we do at McNeil Island? Its a special "town" for sex offenders with a high risk of re-offending that they put some of the worst at when they get out of the prison on the island. It is the perfect system for this shit to not happen.

There is two downsides to it, they don't use it often enough and it is constantly in danger of closing due to funding. Just the fact it exists is pretty damn cool though.

Why don't more states have a Special Commitment Center like we do at McNeil Island? Its a special "town" for sex offenders with a high risk of re-offending that they put some of the worst at when they get out of the prison on the island. It is the perfect system for this shit to not happen.

There is two downsides to it, they don't use it often enough and it is constantly in danger of closing due to funding. Just the fact it exists is pretty damn cool though.

I didn't know that was even a "thing" -- but that's genius! Short of my personal wishes to have a serious offender island surrounded by endless ocean, which is clearly unrealistic, THIS idea could actually be implemented. Let them go inappropriately touch each other! Yuck.

@DaggerLawless and @Buffettgirl , you guys got me Googling and here's what I found on civil commitment of sex offenders:

http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/state-civil-commitment-sex-offenders.htm

http://www.atsa.com/civil-commitment-sexually-violent-predators

Basically 20 states allow it and the federal government. The Supreme Court has ruled that it does not constitute double jeopardy.

Personally, I think all 50 states should not only allow it but should employ it for all those who meet the criteria.

I don't leave my children with anyone except my parents, I have two maybe three friends that I would trust if it were a dire emergency, my ex has been with his girlfriend for 6 months and he lets her take my daughter to the bathroom.

She can't be a child molester because she's a social worker, that's honestly his logic. I was molested by a friend's mother when I was a kid(pretty sure she's not a pedo she just liked the money). Is it likely that his gf is a SO? No, she has a clean record(not that he checked) she's a nice girl who was willing to meet with me before spending time with my girls, but my ex didn't think about it before bringing her into the fold.

These parents knew he was in jail for a sexual offense then handed him their children.i cant imagine the demons those kids will have to deal with knowing that their parents ignored every sign.

Others noticed his shifting stories. They held their children more closely, made extra fliers.

I'd just like to remind everybody in this thread that not all the parents were taken in. Nor where they content to just watch as he had his way with other children, but I am not sure there was much more the savvy parents could really do legally.

Last edited:
I can do nothing else but parrot everyone else. These parents should be held responsible to some extent. Maybe be forced to watch a movie about the lives some of these children will lead. Definitely some common sense application. I don't care what kind of story the loser comes up with, I could never trust him with my child. I wouldn't raze him or run him out of the complex, but I'd certainly beware of where my kids were at all times, and if age appropriate, explain to the kids why they need to avoid this POS. What do you want to bet there will be some idiot that files a law suit against the officials who let this guy out? Such tragedy...so easily avoided.

This man sat in prison for fifteen years with nothing to think about but how to hone his craft. These sick fucks become experts. Experts in grooming parents and children alike. This wasn't some Craigslist ad he placed! He spent time with these families. Earned their trust. And he was undoubtedly targeting the desperate and vulnerable. People who are, yes, not as bright as us. Not as savvy as we are. We sit here and call them "stupid!" like they're someone like us who just negligently ignored the warning signs. No... some people are quite literally stupid. 100 is the average I.Q. A great deal of the population is beneath that. Some, substantially.

I understand the anger, but we should really be shaking our heads with pity. What are we supposed to do, delve back into eugenics? The system is supposed to protect these people. The individuals who paroled him. Them. That is who your disgust should be pointed at. Why on earth are we releasing people whose crimes are so likely to be repeated that we feel the need to send out flyers? Flyers. Really?

It's gotta be tiring being the voice of reason all the time! LOL Seriously, this is how predators are able to molest children for so long without being discovered. Befriend the family... is the parent (cuz it's easier if it's just one parent) stupid? An alcoholic? Both? Be charming. Buy em some booze. Offer to watch their kid.

No... some people are quite literally stupid. 100 is the average I.Q. A great deal of the population is beneath that. Some, substantially.
I understand the anger, but we should really be shaking our heads with pity. What are we supposed to do, delve back into eugenics?

Yes. Clearly. If people are so unintelligent or impaired by drugs and alcohol that they allow things like this to happen, then they have no business raising kids or ever having kids again. If we absolve them from responsiblity through ignorance then there should be consequences to that. Forced birth conrol and the kids taken away so they don't breed more misery.

Having said that, this asshole should have never been released. The system failed big time.

Why the hell didn’t the parents check out his story...they could have easily Googled him. Here’s the flyer on him complete with address/crime info...

Michael William Shepard - Florida Sexual Predator

And here’s a post from the Pinellas Park Police Department (Official)

Sexual Predator arrested for Capital Sexual Battery

When: March 9th, 2015

Where: Pinellas Park residence

Narrative: Pinellas Park detectives have arrested MICHAEL W. SHEPARD, W/M 11/01/79 for multiple counts of capital sexual battery. Shepard is a sexual predator who was released from prison in 2013 following a 15 year prison sentence for sex crimes against children.

SHEPARD is accused of committing sexual battery against a five (5) year old girl and three (3) boys, ranging in age from eight (8) to ten (10).

The female victim in this case was the victim of one incident of sexual battery. The boys were victimized multiple times over a period of several weeks, maybe months.

During the incident from Saturday, as well as during prior incidents, SHEPARD was granted permission to be around the children. While SHEPARD built his relationship with these children, he would buy games and toys and give the children money in an effort to earn their trust.

SHEPARD denied touching any of the children.

This case remains under investigation. Additional charges are likely. Detectives believe there are more victims. Anyone with information as it pertains to SHEPARD or this investigation are asked to call the Pinellas Park Police Department.

Individuals wishing to remain anonymous and be eligible for a cash reward are asked to call Crime Stoppers of Pinellas County, Inci at 1-800-873-TIPS (8477)
or report online at http://www.crimestoppersofpinellas.org/

cb813ec3-5cee-4a48-8cc3-f12a66cfffe7.pdf

A scorpion asks a frog to carry him over a river. The frog is afraid of being stung, but the scorpion argues that if it did so, both would sink and the scorpion would drown. The frog then agrees, but midway across the river the scorpion does indeed sting the frog, dooming them both. When asked why, the scorpion points out that this is its nature. The fable is used to illustrate the position that no change can be made in the behavior of the fundamentally vicious.

"They shockingly watched Shepard riding shirtless with small tots on his scooter, tightly gripping their small tight buttocks on the way to the secret wooded "hideout." They watched him buy them McDonald's, ice cream, shaving cream, video games, and movies, all for FREE!"

This should have set off some alarm bells in my opinion.

Back