• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

BostonBurns

Insufferable Bastard
Bold Member!
Four Swedish policemen vacationing in New York are, for some unexplained reason, being heralded by police commissioner Bill Bratton as examples of restraint and good judgement when they intervened in a fight on a New York Subway.

• Tourist cops Samuel Kvarzell, Markus Asberg, Eric Jansberger and Erik Naslund broke up a fight on the Uptown 6 train this Wednesday
  • 'Here as tourists, they stepped up,'Bratton said on Friday
  • The friends were on their way to see Les Misérables on Broadway (sorry ladies) when a conductor on the 6 train called for help
  • The men, who are all police officers in their native Sweden, wrestled the suspect to the floor and held him until NYPD could arrive
  • 'We’re no heroes, just tourists,' says Uppsala, Sweden, police officer
New York Police Commissioner Bill Bratton swooned over the 'boy band' of four Swedish cops who broke up a subway fight in The Big Apple this week, complimenting their use of safe and effective restraint tactics.

Tourist police officers Samuel Kvarzell, Markus Asberg, Eric Jansberger and Erik Naslund halted a fight between two homeless men on the Uptown 6 train this Wednesday.

A video of the selfless act then surfaced and has spread on social media, gaining them attention from hoards of fans, both male and female.

Officials from the United States and Sweden have praised their brave efforts and they are set to return home as heroes.
Yozpz4z.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...wl-using-safe-effective-restraint-tactic.html

This is JMO and I don't expect anyone else to agree, but after watching this video, I think it should be a mandatory training video for American LE officers to remind them how to do it right. In an unarmed situation, intervene before shit gets too real, do a proper "use of force" take down depending on the situation, and effectively communicate with them while you're doing your job. Mega props!

(I know right off the bat if two certain people read this comment, I'm gonna get shit on, big time, lol ;) <3 )

The Swedish police aren't trained to consider the general public or even suspects as their personal enemy and the reason they might not make it home that night. In many places in the U.S., cops are trained to look at any situation that requires physical intervention as a lethal threat, and that's why "justifiable homicide" continues to increase despite the decades-long decrease in officer deaths, and even the more recent decrease in officer numbers.

It's sad that we've gotten to a point where police are being given hero status for nothing more than doing what they're supposed to do, but it is a natural byproduct of so many forgetting how.

This is very nice :) but what I got out of it was ...
4 Swedish guys with handcuffs :shrug::whistle:

The Swedish police aren't trained to consider the general public or even suspects as their personal enemy and the reason they might not make it home that night. In many places in the U.S., cops are trained to look at any situation that requires physical intervention as a lethal threat, and that's why "justifiable homicide" continues to increase despite the decades-long decrease in officer deaths, and even the more recent decrease in officer numbers.

It's sad that we've gotten to a point where police are being given hero status for nothing more than doing what they're supposed to do, but it is a natural byproduct of so many forgetting how.

I hereby nominate you and the girls to build on this post and turn it into the speech you need to give at this year's National Conference. The dress code is, of course, business casual, but in your case, make sure you choose a deep plunge, filmy, peek-a-boo blouse with your black-laced, leopard print bra underneath. It'd be a real shame if you turned or bent down just right and your jacket just happened to gap. Work that room g/f! We need all the help we can get to get the message across. :D

http://www.napo.org/

Last edited:
The Swedish police aren't trained to consider the general public or even suspects as their personal enemy and the reason they might not make it home that night.

True, but to be fair what Swedish police and American police in many of the big cities are up against is quite different, I think? Sweden has a lot less horrible gang violence and far fewer guns and such around. Not saying that the attitude of American police shouldn't change, because I think it should, but I can understand where it comes from.

Back