• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
GARDENA (CBSLA.com) —Gardena Police announced the arrest of a Torrance man in connection with the kidnapping and sexual assault of a 2-year-old girl.

Michael David Ikeler, 36, was taken into custody on Thursday, April 9, after the young victim had been kidnapped from a self-serve car wash, located at 14929 Western Ave. in Gardena.

Detectives had identified a possible suspect vehicle as a white 4-door Nissan Altima with tinted windows.

The community provided an unprecedented response, according to a release by Gardena Police. More than 50 citizen-volunteers searched the neighborhood near the crime scene.

The victim was located in a parking lot in the City of Cudahy about two-and-a-half hours after she was reported missing, and Sheriff’s deputies responded to collect and take care of the child, before taking her to a local hospital for treatment.

The victim’s family reunited with the girl at the hospital.

Several tips were called in to the Gardena Police Department over the course of less than a week, leading detectives to Ikeler.

Police say Ikeler altered the look of his vehicle after the crime, and that scientific evidence, including DNA, links him to the incident.

In fact, police said they only announced the arrest on Wednesday to spend the subsequent time to bolster their case against Ikeler and make it ironclad.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015...onnection-with-kidnapping-of-2-year-old-girl/

Gardena Police Department

Advisory -
Suspect arrested and charged in the kidnapping and sexual assault of a 2-year-old that occurred April 2, 2015

On Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 4:55PM, a 2-year-old child was kidnapped from a self-serve car wash at 14929 Western Av in the City of Gardena.

Every available resource we had was utilized to search for the victim.

We saw an unprecedented response from our community; as more than 50 volunteers, explorers and citizens arrived to the scene within an hour & ½ of the crime. Our volunteers were used to canvas the nearby neighborhood.

Detectives identified a possible suspect vehicle as a white 4-door Nissan Altima with tinted windows. This information was immediately provided to the Media where it was broadcast throughout the region.

At about 7:15PM (nearly 2-1/2 hours after she was kidnapped), the victim was found in an empty, dark parking lot near 8022 Atlantic Av, in the City of Cudahy. Deputies from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department responded and took care & custody of the child. They brought her to a local hospital for treatment. The victim was then immediately united with her family at the hospital.

During the days that followed several tips were called in to the Gardena Police Department and other local law enforcement agencies. Gardena Police Detectives worked day and night since the kidnapping in order to find the person responsible for this horrific attack.

A tip was received on Sunday, April 5, 2015 that led investigators to a person of interest in the City of Torrance.

On Thursday, April 9, 2015 (7 days after the kidnapping) 36-year-old MICHAEL DAVID IKELER, from the City of TORRANCE was arrested in connection with the kidnapping and sexual assault of the 2-year-old victim

Some of the evidence that links the suspect to the crime is the following:
• The suspect owns a white Nissan Altima with tinted windows.
• The suspect altered the look of his vehicle following the crime
• Two independent witnesses place the suspect at the scene of the crime
• Other scientific evidence, including DNA links the suspect to the crime

The case was presented to the LA County DA’s office where they filed kidnapping and sexual assault charges against Michael David Ikeler

Address/Location
Gardena Police Department
1718 W 162nd St
Gardena, CA 90247

Contact
Emergency: 9-1-1
Non-emergencies: 310-217-9670

Steve Prendergast
Public Information Officer
sprendergast@gardenapd.org
310-217-9686

Man arrested in kidnap, sexual assault of 2-year-old at Gardena car wash
Michael David Ikeler was arrested April 9, seven days after the girl was taken from a self-serve car wash at 14929 Western Ave., according to Gardena police Lt. Steve Prendergast.

Ikeler pleaded not guilty April 13 to a single count of lewd act on a child and two counts of oral copulation or sexual penetration with a child aged 10 or younger. The lewd act charge includes an allegation that the crime was committed during a kidnapping, according to the District Attorney’s Office.

He is due back in a Torrance courtroom April 27, when a date will be set for a hearing to determine if there is enough evidence for him to stand trial. Ikeler remains jailed on $1 million bail.

I hope the fucker is dead within a year behind bars. I hope he lives in fear for his life, every day, until somebody rips him the fuck open.

When I read the description of how scared this little angel was to be given to male officers, how her facial expression was that of shock and the way she was covering her eyes, the image was so vivid it just broke my heart!!!! I can't fathom how traumatic those 2 hours were for her! I too hope she doesn't retain the memories, but personally speaking I still have LOTS of memories from age 2 (thankfully all good and maybe that's why). I just hope her mind locks this event away. Poor baby!!!! :(

Turns my stomach to imagine what he probably did to her. I hope against hope that it was a first timer who lost his nerve, but 2 hours is a long time to wait before panicking, plus the lack of her clothes... it just doesn't look good. I hope her injuries are only superficial and not more extreme, though even if he didn't physically assault her the terror will leave untold emotional injury. How can anyone look at an adorable 2-year-old with anything but warmth and love?! How can anyone see innocence and get THAT urge? Disgusting! :mad: Ugh these pervs just make me wanna go HULK on someone!!!! :blackeye::dead::punch::hurting:

Does anyone else get the impression that these monsters are lurking around literally every corner? They obviously monopolize on random opportunity when it presents itself. Seriously, how many of them are there per capita for it to seem like every time someone turns their back for a moment there is one watching and waiting to pounce! I think I'm gonna go live on an isolated island somewhere... coconuts, a tan, and NO PERVERTS sounds just fine to me! :D

God Bless this poor baby and God help the guy who took her if any of us at DD ever get our hands on him!! :nurse: :devil:
I want to go all Dexter on him. Something involving a red hot poker up the shoot! Oh my heart hurts for this baby and her poor Mom.

That piece of shit just looks evil!! His motherfucking creepy twisted little smirk. Let's see if he's still smirking as HE'S being held down and violated. Better yet, after he's been violently raped once or twice, just take him round back and put a bullet in his head. Maybe let the mom do it.

This link has a little more updated info:
http://ktla.com/2015/04/22/torrance...mes-in-gardena-kidnapping-of-2-year-old-girl/

Sadly some of it being this...

Ikeler was charged with one count of lewd act upon a child with a kidnapping allegation, and two counts of oral copulation or sexual penetration with child 10 years old or younger, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office confirmed Wednesday. He entered a not guilty plea on April 13.

It makes me feel literally sick. All I can picture is that tiny girl screaming and crying, with absolutely no idea what's going on and totally helpless. Then getting dumped in an abandoned lot, at night, naked, lost, in pain and terrified. 2 hours of pure hell.

I just hope that ugly face doesn't haunt the poor angel the rest of her life. I hope she can forget, but I don't know if anyone could forget something this awful happening to them. :bigtears:

keler pleaded not guilty April 13 to a single count of lewd act on a child and two counts of oral copulation or sexual penetration with a child aged 10 or younger. The lewd act charge includes an allegation that the crime was committed during a kidnapping, according to the District Attorney’s Office.

Why not just charge him with kdniapping as well? Is that somehow not a worthwhile charge all on its own?

Any word on this guys past history? No way he just suddenly out of the blue decided he had to act on his lust for babies.

March 01, 2017

Calling the crime heartless and twisted, a judge Wednesday sentenced a Torrance man to 55 years to life in prison for kidnapping a 2-year-old girl from a Gardena carwash, sexually assaulting her and abandoning her naked and alone in a parking lot 13 miles from home.

Torrance Superior Court Judge Eric Taylor imposed the maximum sentence on Michael David Ikeler, 38, who stared straight ahead, displaying no noticeable reaction, as Taylor told him he caused irreparable damage to the young girl and her family.

“The actions of Mr. Ikeler were despicable. They were twisted and they were heartless, and pure evil — preying on the most innocent of our community, a 2-year-old child, a defenseless child,” Taylor said. “You showed absolutely no remorse throughout all of this. In fact, just the opposite.”

Ikeler, who testified during his January trial that an unidentified drug dealer he knew only as “Flaco” committed the crime, chose not to speak during his sentencing hearing.

Jurors took just 90 minutes at the conclusion of Ikeler’s trial to convict him of one count of a lewd act upon a child under the age of 14, two counts of sexual penetration of a child under age 10, and a special allegation that the crime was committed during the course of a kidnapping. For those crimes, he received sentences of 25 years to life and two of 15 years to life.

Ikeler would not be eligible for parole until he is about 90 years old. If he is ever released, he must register as a sex offender.

During two days on the witness stand, Ikeler acknowledged the Nissan Altima on the video was his, but he denied abducting the girl. He claimed he had loaned his Altima to the drug dealer while he repaired the cooling system on the man’s Cadillac Escalade at a motel in Lomita or Carson.

Ikeler, who was laid off from his job at a Carson refinery that day, testified that when the drug dealer returned his car, water in a bottle he used to brush his teeth had been spilled all over the vehicle’s interior. His story would have explained how his DNA was found on the girl.

After the guilty verdict, a juror said the panel found Ikeler’s story laughable.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/general-...ddler-branded-twisted-heartless-at-sentencing

The place where this baby was abducted is directly in the area of where I shop. I get my nails done down the street. I don't believe in a higher power, but I sure hope he rots for all eternity.

Back