• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
A drug dealer used a telephone installed in his prison cell to demand a revenge attack that escalated into a brutal murder, a court has been told.

Olamide Fasina bled to death after he was set upon in the street in south-east London last year.

At the time, Steven Ngolo, 22, was behind bars serving a sentence for dealing cannabis.

However, he had access to a phone and used it to encourage friends to target Mr Fasina in retribution for a robbery.

The prosecutor told jurors that the prison only allowed inmates at Thameside Prison, south-east London, to call approved listed family members.

However, the system was "flawed" because calls could easily be patched through to a third person in a conference call.

Mr Fenhalls said Ngolo's sister was one person who would patch calls through to his friends.

Ngolo, from south-east London, is accused with his co-defendants of conspiracy to cause grievous bodily harm.

Louis Henry, 22, of Greenwich, Alvin Ansah-Baaphy, 23, of Old Dover Road, south east London, and Bliss Duodo, 22, from Greenwich, are also charged with murder.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-32450760

However, the system was "flawed" because calls could easily be patched through to a third person in a conference call.

Behind the times mucho_O

You would think that the tapes of the calls going out of a prisoners cell would be reviewed daily. The prison officials at Thameside Prison are idiots.

The prison officials at Thameside Prison are idiots.

Probably more like overworked and understaffed.

The knowledge that they could be listening in should keep people from saying incriminating things. As it is, nobody has time for that, and as in this case the recordings then get an airing when they have reason to believe that something may have been plotted through that means.

Personally, I can live with that, even if it is very tragic for Mr Fasina's loved ones. At least they have the evidence to nail the perps.

Last edited:
overworked and understaffed.

I agree, however, you would think monitoring phone calls from prisoner cells (why they would have phones in their cells in the first place is beyond me) would be kind of up high on the to do list.

In-cell phones and cell phones? That's amazing. Definitely something that would've never occurred to me since I'm only familiar with the way things are done here. Here's a perfect example of our non-visitor, KS state prisons (depends on what sec. level/cell block someone's in) and our larger jail "phone lines."

In our jail, there's only one, recorded, pay phone per pod for everyone and the inmates only have 10 min. each to use it during "phone time."

1401x788-480787617.jpg

Last edited:
Shit, my brother is in prison here in florida and you can now set up time to skype with a prisoner, pay to get them an email address and pay for them to have music put on a mp4 player. It's crazy!

Back