• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
If only people could petition about more important things. This cat did not suffer.

And once again...
Was this animal wearing a collar?

If only people could petition about more important things. This cat did not suffer.

And once again...

Clearly, this IS important enough to some people.

Also, collar or not, you can tell the difference between a feral cat and a pet, unless you're a moron.

And once again...

It is not out of the realm of possibility for an animal to slip a collar. My dog managed to slip his new one just last week.

We have feral cats right next door. Not pets. Strays fed by a neighbor. When we first moved, they often attacked my dog. Not once did we put an arrow through one. Or a bullet. Or a BB. Or let the dog get ahold of it. We did, however, catch the aggressive ones in a raccoon trap and call animal control.

How could someone possibly think that an arrow through the head of a cat is an acceptable thing to do. Let alone take a picture AND post it? Idiots breeding idiots.

who the fuck cares if it has a collar or not? none of my barn cats have collars because collars can catch on things and it's redundant. There are always people that will sidetrack a story to stroke themselves or get attention. This article is about a cat that was needlessly killed by a moron that deserves to pay for her actions. Other vets looking at the picture claimed in their opinion the cat was still alive and on it's last lap due to the way the paws were held which she took the stinkin picture. i hunt for food, I kill animals when needed. This doesn't fit into that box in any shape or form or is acceptable.

:yawn:
Y'all are the ones living in boxes.
Don't tell me that a cat that has slipped it's collar can't be mistaken for feral.

Ever heard of posturing? When something is killed via head wound, posturing is common.
Debate here is redundant. This woman was foolish, but to ruin her life over it? Absurd.

Don't tell me that a cat that has slipped it's collar can't be mistaken for feral.

First off, most cat collars are break away ones these days so they do not get caught on something and choke to death.

ETA: and yes, pets are clean and well fed, feral cats or strays are dirty and skinny, not too hard to distinguish at all.

Ever heard of posturing? When something is killed via head wound, posturing is common.

Second, ever heard of a veterinarian maybe being aware of something such as "posturing" but still being able to distinguish between that and the animal actually being alive?

Debate here is redundant. This woman was foolish, but to ruin her life over it? Absurd.

Finally, if the debate is so redundant why must you keep poking at it? Clearly your opinion differs from most in this thread, and no one is changing minds here.

Also, pretty sure her life isn't ruined, she will likely get a job elsewhere, maybe a fur coat factory, or science lab that tests meds on animals.

She made the choice to take the picture and post it. She ruined her own career. I wouldn't say her life is ruined. May suck right now but she still has a future. She can certainly choose another profession.

Edited to add.... Taxidermy seems perfect for her!

Last edited:
First off, most cat collars are break away ones these days so they do not get caught on something and choke to death.

ETA: and yes, pets are clean and well fed, feral cats or strays are dirty and skinny, not too hard to distinguish at all.

Second, ever heard of a veterinarian maybe being aware of something such as "posturing" but still being able to distinguish between that and the animal actually being alive?

Finally, if the debate is so redundant why must you keep poking at it? Clearly your opinion differs from most in this thread, and no one is changing minds here.

Also, pretty sure her life isn't ruined, she will likely get a job elsewhere, maybe a fur coat factory, or science lab that tests meds on animals.

*poke*
*poke*
*poke*

A cat is dead. Let us mourn it's passing!

*lights candle*
We are gathered here today to remember poor Mr.Fluffball. Like many other species before him, he has met his end thanks to humankind.
We are sad because Fluffball was probably theoretically considered someone's pet. We must mourn their loss, and villify the cruel huntress that was wicked enough to boast of his demise.

*sob*

okay, I'll bite one last time here: OH BOO HOO! poor mz I'm so bitchin an awesome is going to have her whole life ruined!!!!! hm, by herself if anyone used rational thought and too bad if it happens. I find it amusing that she actually has any defenders and people are disgruntled that Tiger is thought of and mourned more in his untimely death at the hands of a nutcase than they will ever be at their own demise, and guess what, it's for a reason: he didn't deserve to die because of some cunt that had nothing better to do.

Well she's not a troll....but delivery @Macabre , delivery.
Me no trolly trollerson.
I think it was said to hurt my feelings.

My delivery has been superb. When people start acting irrationally, I cater to their needs. I know and like all of the vehement posters on behalf of Mr.Fluffball. They just fail to understand that I am not only making fun of them, but myself, and the perp.

Agreed. The level of dripping condescension is really grating, and makes me want to punch her even when I agree with the points she's making.
I'm not condescending. Just terse.
You are welcome to punch me whilst you are naked and covered in something delicious and edible.

@Keepalowprofile "˙sǝʎǝ ɹnoʎ uǝǝʍʇǝq ʇɥƃıɹ ʇǝןןnq ɐ sʇnd ʎpɐן ʇɐɔ ǝɯos ǝdoɥ ı"

As the proud kitty mother of 4 adoptive kids (Abby, Ricky, Apples and Biscuit), I will gladly exact some revenge on that bitches ass.

BTW: For all of you who love ginger cats, I proudly share a picture of my 25lb Biscuit =^..^=

ETA: Since I am too dumb to insert a url....go figure....here is the direct link (I hope) to Biscuit

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=esl1zs&s=8#.VTrAmJVFB3c

Last edited:
@Keepalowprofile ty :) mom got butter and I got biscuit. His "mom" died, but before Miss Ruth died, we split the boys. They were both ferals and how that bitch could ever shoot a ginger with an arrow....I want to go all Cherokee Indian/Irish on her pathetic ass :mad::punch::punch::punch::punch::punch:

Biscuit does too in the name of all ginger cats :cat::mad::cat:

ETA: Don't piss me off when it comes to kitty cats or bacon. Bitch don't play :watching::mad:

Last edited:
I was a euthanasia tech for 12 years of my 22 year career as an animal control officer.
The method for euthanasia was IV injection. It was humane and only one animal in the room at a time.

The most disturbing part is this cunt had all the knowledge and power to not shoot this cat with an arrow. She worked at a vet facility for god sakes. She had no idea if this cat was someones pet. If it was truly feral, she could have trapped it, neutered it and offered it as a barn cat. Plenty of ranches in texas. She could have neutered the cat and released it.

She also took an oath when she graduated.

This cunt took pleasure in what she did and boasted about it.

Former animal care tech here for an open door shelter, and also euth certified. It was always done with compassion and humanely (there were occasional bad euthanasias due to a collapsed vein or something, but we tried to avoid those as much as possible and they were still pretty quick). This story has really bothered me as well. Can you imagine if this was your vet? I understand the problem with outdoor/feral cats but Trap Neuter Release programs have proven to be effective in reducing populations and disease. There is also just trapping outdoor cats and bringing them to the shelter. What she did was cruel, illegal, and has left an elderly couple heartbroken.

Posted on April 30, 2015...

Can we forgive Kristen Lindsey? - VIN
Dr. Kristen Lindsey's alleged bow-and-arrow shooting of a cat has ignited a firestorm of criticism spreading via mainstream news and social websites. At the condemnation's core is a recent Facebook photo captioned, "My first bow kill." It shows the 31-year-old veterinarian hoisting an arrow that's pierced the cranium of a limp orange-and-white cat.

She's smiling in celebration. Judging by the public's response, much of society isn't.

Neither are colleagues on the Veterinary Information Network (VIN), an online community for the profession, where veterinarians have generated more than 450 comments on the topic. The reaction has ranged from accusations of "poor judgment" to calls for Lindsey to lose her license.

For most veterinarians, the photo of one of our own intentionally killing a cat and triumphantly smiling with her feline “trophy" is antithetical to the Veterinarian’s Oath and the ethics and morals of our profession. Many are offended by Lindsey's hubris, especially when she gloated in a Facebook post that she'd gladly accept the designation of “vet of the year” for killing a feral cat.

It's now widely reported that the cat was a neighbor's pet.

Since her April 17 Facebook post, Lindsey's veterinary school alma mater, the American Veterinary Medical Association and other groups within organized veterinary medicine have publicly condemned the act, identifying it as an aberration. The practitioner was fired from the practice where she worked in Brenham, Texas, and could face felony animal cruelty charges by the Austin County District Attorney. According to the AVMA, the Texas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners is considering whether to impose licensure sanctions.

We haven't heard from Lindsey since the controversy erupted, and there may be more to this story. In the absence of explanation, it's been difficult for many of us to conceive of a colleague engaging in an act that seemed so contrary to how most of us spend our days: working in the trenches of veterinary clinical medicine, trying to cure or at least mitigate suffering and, above all, doing no harm in the process.

Veterinarians on VIN have raised many questions; reparation, redemption, caring and compassion have been the theme of most comments. Is it possible for Lindsey to ever make amends for this act and, if so, how could this be done? Can she redeem herself? And what is our understanding of the role of caring and compassion in a profession that defines itself by these virtues?

How we answer these questions in some measure reflects how we consider our own abilities to make amends for errors (reparation), free ourselves from the millstone of regrettable deeds (redemption) and be motivated to help those who are suffering (caring/compassion).

Various punishments were deemed justifiable for Lindsey by the majority of VIN members who participated in the discussion. Revocation of her license and civil and/or criminal penalties frequently were mentioned. While in a minority, some colleagues thought that remorse to the extent of suicidal ideation was necessary. According to this type of reasoning, only mental anguish leading to unspeakable despair would be proof of repentance, serve as the psychological nadir and hold the potential for some type of healing and recovery to occur.

How much each of us would want to extract from Lindsey in the form of remorse, shame or punishment says much about how we deal with our own errors and those of others, albeit on a less visible and gruesome stage. There is, of course, a spectrum of transgressions, and there are some acts that are most likely unforgivable. Sexual abuse of children comes to mind as a deed that probably cannot and should not be forgiven.

How heinous must an action be for us to say that amends and repair are not possible? Society wrestles with this in the criminal justice system, but on an individual level, it’s a worthy question to ask ourselves. Each of us will come to his or her own conclusion based on our family histories, how our own errors were punished (or not) and our experiences with forgiveness from others, to others and to ourselves. Listening to how each of us has formulated our personal philosophies regarding forgiveness often is eye-opening. We cannot give what we were not given. Forgiveness is not condoning or colluding with a perpetrator and does not minimize an offense but opens the door for reparation.

The ability to free ourselves from unsavory past lives and to be reborn/redeemed is a very American concept. Indeed, the United States, from its first colonies through the westward expansion and continuing through today, contains the stories of thousands of individuals who decided to leave hostile environments and start anew someplace else. Could Lindsey or any of us hope to achieve a similar rebirth? Contemporary social media makes this unlikely.

But, is it fair for a 31-year-old individual to be forever banned from clinical practice? Can we step outside of our own preconceptions and envision some type of rehabilitation that would, at a point in the future, allow her to return to clinical veterinary medicine? Some posters saw only a future for her as a meat inspector, relegating her to working with the killed and to be killed, so forever associated with the deceased cat. For many VIN members, Lindsey’s days in clinical practice working with the living are and should be permanently over.

To be sure, rehabilitation and recovery require time and insight on the part of an individual, as well as a desire to again join society, group, family, etc. I don’t believe any of us can begin to construct a meaningful, accurate profile of Lindsey with the scant amount of evidence that we can gather from a few blog entries and a now-deleted Facebook post. It might be that she has no regrets about targeting a cat as her first bow-and-arrow kill and wonders what all the outrage is about. Then again, she may honestly wish that she could magically go back in time and undo the past. None of us really knows. Any conjecture on our parts is just that.

Is there any room for a veterinarian who does not profess to like all animals? I am not talking here about having callous disregard for their lives. For some, the answer to this question is an all-or-nothing proposition: Join the profession and there is an obligation to love and want to care for all creatures great and small. However, the truth is that we cannot actually care about, except at some intellectual level, every animal. We can still be caring people, yet not care equally for all. And so it is possible to not enjoy working with cats, for example, and yet be a valuable clinician to patients and clients within a small animal general practice.

If we’re honest with ourselves we can admit that we do not care unconditionally for all. It’s acceptable to admit our biases. Having them does not make us less a gentle doctor. They are part of being human.

Finally, does the compassion that most of us purport to give to our animal patients extend to Lindsey

Finally, does the compassion that most of us purport to give to our animal patients extend to Lindsey...

Nope. She did what she did with malice aforethought, and then reveled in it. I hope she becomes a pariah who loses all her friends, never marries, and dies wishing she were an old cat lady.

Story Updates:

From May 27th...

PRESS RELEASE ... The Austin County District Attorney's office
"The criminal matter concerning Dr. Kristen Lindsey will not be presented to the Austin County Grand Jury on May 27,2015.

The Austin County District Attorney's office is actively pursuing statements, records and all other available evidence and information pertaining to this case prior to presenting it to the Grand Jury, just as it does in all felony cases.

No further information will be released at this time as this is a pending criminal matter."

From May 26th...
Hi, all. Today, I received my copy of the Lindsey/Bishop response to my complaint, and spoke with a TBVMA representative on the phone. While I don't want to divert attention from tomorrow's demonstration, we're all eager for news, so I'll briefly address a few points about which there's been speculation.

First, the TBVMA contact I spoke with confirmed that the Bishop letter is legitimate. She said they initially thought that Lindsey's license revocation would be quickly resolved, but now they expect a lengthy process, as Bishop wants to "play hardball."

Second, the Board has received over 350 official complaints, from every US state and 27 countries. More are arriving each day. They have also received over 5,000 unofficial (and therefore unusable) letters and emails, and are attempting to contact all (yes, ALL!) of those people, to provide them with an opportunity to file an official complaint.

Third, despite our frustration over delays, this case is still very much open. The TBVMA and the Austin County DA are working together, sharing information about the case, and will continue to do so until formal charges are (or are not) filed.

I encourage anyone with questions about the status of the investigation to call the TBVMA. I've spoken with several people there, and they've been unfailingly kind, concerned, and helpful. Their phone number is (512) 305-7555. (link)

From May 23rd...

That Letter: Something Is Out Of Place

From May 22nd...

Lawyer for Kristen Lindsey defends his client in letter to Texas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners

From May 4th...

Update On Kristen Lindsey: Vet Who Killed Cat Eludes Grand Jury

Posted on Jun 23, 2015...

Former Brenham Veterinarian's Case to be Presented to Grand Jury Wednesday

BELLVILLE - Now two months since former Brenham veterinarian Kristen Lindsey's social media post bragging about a cat she shot with an arrow went viral, a grand jury is set to hear about the case for the first time.

Austin County District Attorney Travis Koehn says his office will present the Lindsey case Wednesday morning.

The grand jury meets once a month, but Koehn says his office has been working to gather information and conduct interviews, and did not present anything to the grand jury in April or May.

Lindsey's picture of her holding the cat up with an arrow through its head cost Lindsey her job in Brenham and sparked outrage from animal rights activists. In Lindsey's post, she noted that she thought it was a feral cat, but some believe it was a missing cat named Tiger.

Lindsey could face animal cruelty charges if the grand jury thinks there is enough evidence for prosecutors to continue the case.

Finally, does the compassion that most of us purport to give to our animal patients extend to Lindsey

The compassion that leads to believing she should not be shot and killed with a bow and arrow? Uh.. yes. Obviously.

How in the fuck is being outraged that she's proud of this in anyway connected to feeling compassion for the animal she shot. If someone shot her with a bow then I'd be just as outraged, feeling compassion for her catching shit for shooting a cat she didn't even know for sure was feral is not the same fucking thing.

Take your condescending shit elsewhere. Oh, and maybe wait more than a couple weeks to expect people to forgive her.

Back