• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Pete Bondurant

Veteran Member
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...s-fostering-racist-behavior-article-1.2182039

A Kentucky judge blamed two parents for their young girl's "constant fear of black men" after an armed robbery she witnessed, local reports said.

The parents argued for a tougher sentence for the man convicted of busting into their Louisville home at gunpoint while their daughter watched "Spongebob Square Pants," according to the Courier-Journal.

Judge Olu Stevens blasted Jordan and Tommy Gray's victim impact statement at a court hearing in February and again recently in a Facebook post he later deleted.

"Whenever we are running errands, if we come across a black male, she holds me tight and begs me to leave," Gray wrote in February of her daughter. "It has affected her friendships at school and our relationships with African-American friends."

judge12n-1-web.jpg
OLU STEVENS VIA FACEBOOK
Jefferson Circuit Judge Olu Stevens, pictured in a Facebook photo, is facing backlash for comments that said two parents were perpetuating racist behavior in their young daughter.

Stevens, who is a black man, was "deeply offended."

"This little girl certainly has been victimized, and she can't help the way she feels," Stevens said, according to video obtained by the Courier-Journal. "My exception is more with her parents and their accepting that kind of mentality and fostering those type of stereotypes."

Stevens contends the statement played no role in his decision to sentence the robber, 27-year-old Gregory Wallace, who pleaded guilty to the March 21, 2013, crime, to only five years' probation.

"This little girl certainly has been victimized, and she can't help the way she feels," Stevens said, according to video obtained by the Courier-Journal. "My exception is more with her parents and their accepting that kind of mentality and fostering those type of stereotypes."
...and since when is it your job to "judge" parenting? Also, even if you disagree with their parenting, what does that have to do with the crime?

...and since when is it your job to "judge" parenting? Also, even if you disagree with their parenting, what does that have to do with the crime?
Especially since it sounds like the parents are simply trying to comfort their child and cope with the completely normal aftereffects of the trauma she's been through. I see nowhere where they're telling her, "Good girl! Men who look even remotely similar to that robber are all horrid devils and less than human, and you're right to run from them," which is what the judge seems to be implying they're doing.

... I'll shush :finger: This man has the authority to do way to much.
With his "biased" opinion certain people should be afraid ...very afraid.

Well, :eggface: for my quote by @Podargus in my signature on this one.

I've been the victim of an armed home invasion. They kicked in my front door after attempts to break the front windows didn't work. I'm an adult. I now carry because of it and look at every person that walks by my home suspiciously. Every knock on my door I don't expect has me answering it with a loaded shotgun within arm's reach. When the Mr is out of town I sleep with a weapon, a butcher knife, and our alarm key fob in my hand. This was 2 1/2 years ago. You are never the same when someone invades what is your safe haven.

This judge needs to know what it feels like to be a victim of an unexpected attack where someone forcefully enters HIS home, armed. I don't give a shit what color they are, this girl makes an association that is not her fault. I hope he suffers dearly from the backlash this causes his career.

Last edited:
Backlash? LMAO HAHA HA HA HA HA HA... HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Black people can't be racist! Don't you know anything? Silly white girl!
I wouldn't be surprised if Obama & Holder invite him to the White House for a beer.

Stevens, who is a black man, was "deeply offended."

He's offended that a little girl is afraid of blacks cuz a black criminal victimized her in her own home? Seriously? A grown man, a fucking judge no less, has publicly voiced his complaints that the psychological effects of this crime on a little girl has hurt his feelings. Why is that relevant? Why would a grown ass man be effected by this, why would he admit to this? He's not only a racist, but he's a massive pussy too. Good lord grow a fucking pair.

What the fuck.

And what's really sad is his comments aren't even the worst thing about the story. He put a criminal like this back on the street? Isn't there some type of mandatory sentencing guidelines for home invasions, for armed robberies, for armed felonies of any sort?

He looks like a fucking fruit in that picture too. Pussy prob takes it like one and he prob has a thing for the downlow thug types.

I'm not sure the Judge's sexual orientation had anything to do with it but agree otherwise.

Back