• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
There would have been outrage if it was reasonably assumed the animal would not be eaten. Like that daft blonde broad laying down next to the giraffe. I don't think it's a worthless endeavor to differentiate between killing for food and killing for killing. The former is traditional necessity and modern tradition. The latter can be indicative of a potentially dangerous personality disorder. Sure, that part's mitigated by her profession and, as you mentioned, the apathy it imparts. But, generally speaking, that's where the outrage comes from, and it's worthy.

Living in the PNW, I know an awful lot of hunters, and they are perhaps the most judgmental about those who hunt purely for sport. The venom with which their comments about kills left behind to rot will drip.

Do we know her license is going to be revoked? I don't know that it will. On a side note, most states have provisions for shooting predatory animals who might threaten livestock or pets. Maybe her parents have some goldfish or something? Seriously, though, I would investigate that angle if I were charged in this case.

That daft blonde actually said that giraffe was old and required euthanization. It fed the people of that village. Her crime is akin to this one. Pride before the fall.

Ahahaha, killing for food and killing for killing. When it comes to game, it is basically almost the same nowadays. Unless, you're my uncle living in the backwoods of Louisiana eating wild rabbit and squirrel most nights.

The hunt is fun. We were meant to hunt. Why do human beings try to act like we're such noble creatures as we grill our steaks?

In Denmark, hunters are allowed to shoot cats that are more than 300 meters from the nearest human habitation. I guess it is assumed that such a cat is feral (and likely killing birds and small mammals).

This cat was comfortable enough with people to be in her yard. I doubt it was properly feral.

There would have been outrage if it was reasonably assumed the animal would not be eaten. Like that daft blonde broad laying down next to the giraffe. I don't think it's a worthless endeavor to differentiate between killing for food and killing for killing. The former is traditional necessity and modern tradition. The latter can be indicative of a potentially dangerous personality disorder. Sure, that part's mitigated by her profession and, as you mentioned, the apathy it imparts. But, generally speaking, that's where the outrage comes from, and it's worthy.

Living in the PNW, I know an awful lot of hunters, and they are perhaps the most judgmental about those who hunt purely for sport. The venom with which their comments about kills left behind to rot will drip.

Do we know her license is going to be revoked? I don't know that it will. On a side note, most states have provisions for shooting predatory animals who might threaten livestock or pets. Maybe her parents have some goldfish or something? Seriously, though, I would investigate that angle if I were charged in this case.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if she had a pet cat? She was just trying to protect it from that virile feral tom!

How does that matter to this? Cows don't die giving milk.

Honest question because that example seems out in left field for this thread. Not trying to be a jackass, promise.

Ever milked a cow?

Think about a throbbing sack full of milk meant for your baby being hooked up to a metal manipulator used to extract it.
If the farmer is lazy, the udders become engourged and painful.

Repeated breeding in order to ensure stock. Continual seperation of mother and calf.

Ever milked a cow?
Yep.

If done regularly and responsibly there's no damage to the cow. If done wrong then it's like many other farm activities, there is a potential for damage to the animal.

Honestly I was just wondering how drinking milk figured into a thread about killing a cat since cows survive milking. That's all, that's why I asked for an explanation.

Yep.

If done regularly and responsibly there's no damage to the cow. If done wrong then it's like many other farm activities, there is a potential for damage to the animal.

Honestly I was just wondering how drinking milk figured into a thread about killing a cat since cows survive milking. That's all, that's why I asked for an explanation.

I figured you had. I was scratching my head.

May be no harm to the cow if done regularly and responsibly, still inherently cruel if you apply these people's standards. I've seen many cows go through a rough calving, and never come back to normal.

We need to domesticate the cow for people to care?

Poor widdle kittie cat. I'm sure if we were breeding it for food no one would give a shit.

We put our animals down with a bullet to the head down south. Come shit on me.
Ever had an animal fall in a ravine and break it's hips?
Ever had a pack of wild dogs running through your yard fucking and chewing on everything?

Maybe mister kittie mutilated and ate someone's pet baby bird?I'm sure her execution of a child murderer will be fine now.

Carry along now, nothing to see here.

That daft blonde actually said that giraffe was old and required euthanization. It fed the people of that village. Her crime is akin to this one. Pride before the fall.

I can't find a news story that substantiates that claim. Did find this comment, though:

Unbelievable. Looks like you suckers bought this broad's story lock stock and barrel.

Let's see, some amorphous "they" had to contact an American living thousands of miles away to come to Africa and kill an animal that was supposed to be dying, because not a single person in that country had the ability to do it. Apparently "they" were so dumb they sat around starving rather than kill their own game and use it to provide all the locals with food, until this angel of mercy swooped in to save the day. Yep, all the natives who have existed for millennia using the meat, the skin and the bones of wild game were suddenly at a complete loss when it came to this particular aging giraffe.

Just when you think people can't be any more gullible...

If her story is true, then yeah, her story's actually better than this one. But I can't find anything that verifies her story (didn't look too long, admittedly).

Ahahaha, killing for food and killing for killing. When it comes to game, it is basically almost the same nowadays. Unless, you're my uncle living in the backwoods of Louisiana eating wild rabbit and squirrel most nights.

The hunt is fun. We were meant to hunt. Why do human beings try to act like we're such noble creatures as we grill our steaks?

We're grilling our steaks to eat. We could hunt them ourselves, but we don't have to, thanks to grocery stores.

Even the most ancient cultures made a point to utilize their kills. Killing something you have no intention of utilizing to any degree has always been looked down upon; trophy hunting is criminalized all over the developed world. I mean, this vapid twat wasn't even after a pelt. It's the kind of shit retarded teenagers get up to.

I actually don't think you and I are terribly far apart at all, @Macabre. I do agree wholeheartedly that there's a lot of misplaced rage and hypocrisy. The creature would have probably been killed anyway, and she didn't torture it first or anything.

But I'm that buddhist mother fucker who lets spiders live in my house, because I know they're eating shit that might bother me more. And in regard to inconvenience, I don't even own a fly swatter. Those house flies are free to follow their bizarre, almost circular pattern around my living room for all 48 hours of their insignificant little lives, should they care to. And it is for this reason that I would have simply neutered the fucker and released him. The value to him alive, unable to spawn and killing mice and rats and other disease-spreading shit is greater than his value dead. But, as the world turns, it doesn't matter a whole hell of a lot either way.

I felt that part was getting lost in our conversation.

I can't find a news story that substantiates that claim. Did find this comment, though:

If her story is true, then yeah, her story's actually better than this one. But I can't find anything that verifies her story (didn't look too long, admittedly).

We're grilling our steaks to eat. We could hunt them ourselves, but we don't have to, thanks to grocery stores.

Even the most ancient cultures made a point to utilize their kills. Killing something you have no intention of utilizing to any degree has always been looked down upon; trophy hunting is criminalized all over the developed world. I mean, this vapid twat wasn't even after a pelt. It's the kind of shit retarded teenagers get up to.

I do believe venison is much easier to acquire via grocery as well. Duck for that matter too.

She said that. If you checked my fb :p, you'd know I'm on your side there. I was just jocking for position in this debate.:hilarious:

@Athena - I found this on buzzfeed: "I chose to honor his life by providing others with his uses and I do not regret it for one second. Once he was down there were people waiting to take his meat. They also took his tail to make jewelry, his bones to make other things, and did not waste a single part of him. I am grateful to be a part of something so good"

I'm in no way claiming that her claim has been verified, this is just what she put out after the uproar started.

Ugh. Maybe it's irrational, but I was raised to despise trophy hunters. I don't think it's entirely irrational, as wasting resources is contrary to our biology (Vegas makes me feel icky too), but I digress. I came from a hunting family; grandpa and sons would hunt every season, bird, deer, elk. All of which is delicious. I get why we hunt. Hunting is awesome, and I'd get into it myself if it didn't require the capital that it does. But hunting for the sole sake of killing was never pitched as an acceptable thing to do growing up, so perhaps it's with that bias...

"I chose..." makes my blood boil. Such a disgusting level of self-importance in those two little words. You chose, like, what... you might not have?! Of course not, but certainly indicative of the fact that she did not shoot this animal because there were people who needed it, and she's shot things to take the status symbol portion of them and let the rest rot before. So often before, she speaks of how "they" utilized this creature with a touch of child-like wonder. Barf.

I'd have a hard time not spitting at that woman's feet if she articulated such disturbingly self-aggrandizing tripe in my presence.

maggot bitch. Someone has been snaring my barn cats for months. The ones that have come back have done so mangled and injured a little or a lot. Half have disappeared. If I was able to catch the perp on my property I could shoot them and wouldn't hesitate. not a single neighbor within a mile of me has not heard of my major displeasure and attempt to get it stopped. I don't care if they are putting out snares to catch other animals whatever they are using as bait are catching some of the males repeatedly [yeah not too bright which has me wondering what the hell they are using for bait] and in turn getting snared at night they themselves have probably become bait for bigger predators many of which are around here. If I could force keep them on my property I would. i really hope some peta freak completely destroys this bitches life and everyone keeps harrassing her. Kudos to the clinic for firing her.

@Athena - I found this on buzzfeed: "I chose to honor his life by providing others with his uses and I do not regret it for one second. Once he was down there were people waiting to take his meat. They also took his tail to make jewelry, his bones to make other things, and did not waste a single part of him. I am grateful to be a part of something so good"

I'm in no way claiming that her claim has been verified, this is just what she put out after the uproar started.
yeah, that makes me feel all the more warm and fuzzy towards the bitch

If I paid a veterinarian to take care of my cow and she turned it into steaks, damn right I'd be pissed.

I am suspicious about the quality of care that she gave to animals at the veterinary clinic.

She said she didn't go there to hunt giraffe but the villagers asked her to put him out of his misery so they could use his body rather than it being wasted when he died naturally.

Ohhhhhhhhh... Yeah. That makes the comment from the other forum I quoted totally fit, and makes me think she's totally full of shit. These people are perfectly capable of taking out an old giraffe.

Ugh. Maybe it's irrational, but I was raised to despise trophy hunters. I don't think it's entirely irrational, as wasting resources is contrary to our biology (Vegas makes me feel icky too), but I digress. I came from a hunting family; grandpa and sons would hunt every season, bird, deer, elk. All of which is delicious. I get why we hunt. Hunting is awesome, and I'd get into it myself if it didn't require the capital that it does. But hunting for the sole sake of killing was never pitched as an acceptable thing to do growing up, so perhaps it's with that bias...

"I chose..." makes my blood boil. Such a disgusting level of self-importance in those two little words. You chose, like, what... you might not have?! Of course not, but certainly indicative of the fact that she did not shoot this animal because there were people who needed it, and she's shot things to take the status symbol portion of them and let the rest rot before. So often before, she speaks of how "they" utilized this creature with a touch of child-like wonder. Barf.

I'd have a hard time not spitting at that woman's feet if she articulated such disturbingly self-aggrandizing tripe in my presence.

It is irrational, and you know it. I've been digging at that gray area of yours. I just unearthed a real gem!
:jawdrop:

Imagine an alternate universe where little teeny cows mooed in our laps as we pet them, and gigantic cats were herded for meat and milk.

Open your eyes, people.

It is irrational, and you know it. I've been digging at that gray area of yours. I just unearthed a real gem!
:jawdrop:

Imagine an alternate universe where little teeny cows mooed in our laps as we pet them, and gigantic cats were herded for meat and milk.

Open your eyes, people.

It's still totally acceptable to kill for sustenance. The type of animal is of no consequence to me. There are places that eat dogs and cats. That's cool with me, so long as they're doing something with them.

Killing something to do nothing with them, unless that something is a threat, is where I draw the line. It's remarkably consistent with my other opinions related to violence, so...

Now irrational. I think I just said that to make you feel better. ;)

It's still totally acceptable to kill for sustenance. The type of animal is of no consequence to me. There are places that eat dogs and cats. That's cool with me, so long as they're doing something with them.

Killing something to do nothing with them, unless that something is a threat, is where I draw the line. It's remarkably consistent with my other opinions related to violence, so...

Now irrational. I think I just said that to make you feel better. ;)

Mercy killing an animal falls outside of your parameters. Or, you could argue it rotting into the Earth has purpose.

To hunt is to kill. Sugarcoat that shit ten times over, and you still have to swallow the fact that it is completely unnecessary to hunt now. Unless you're in a third world country or you live like my crazy coonass uncle.

Socked you right in the logic there. You're so sexy when you're being intractable.

Hunters are trophy collectors. Regardless of what type, since the dawn of time men have been poking their chests out to one another declaring "I am the baddest motherfucker in all the land!"

I still hunt. Cause, ya know, muh rights.

Mercy killing an animal falls outside of your parameters. Or, you could argue it rotting into the Earth has purpose.

No, mercy killing doesn't, I just failed to specifically mention it. I voted in favor of assisted suicide in my state. But this was no mercy killing. That animal she held up was healthy looking.

To hunt is to kill. Sugarcoat that shit ten times over, and you still have to swallow the fact that it is completely unnecessary to hunt now. Unless you're in a third world country or you live like my crazy coonass uncle.

Socked you right in the logic there. You're so sexy when you're being intractable.

It's not the killing I take issue with. It's the utilization of the kill. If there is no purpose ("purpose", not "necessity"), it is distasteful. Grossly unnecessary. Uncivilized.

Hunters are trophy collectors. Regardless of what type, since the dawn of time men have been poking their chests out to one another declaring "I am the baddest motherfucker in all the land!"

I still hunt. Cause, ya know, muh rights.

Individuals should feel good about their kills. It's a worthy skill. Even if in this age of grocery stores. Financial collapse, EMP attack, natural disaster. All legitimate fears. But, while you keep your skills sharp, you still use what you kill. It's an ancient unwritten law. Only now, it's even written.

Edited because my child entered my post prematurely. :p

Last edited:
Do you know how many medical professionals laugh through a code?:eek:

I think she's smiling, because she is a smug blowhard fuck who hit her mark.
Please put a deer or duck in the place of that cat, and tell me how you feel now.
Are you a meat eater? Do you drink milk? Do you fish?

This woman deserves to be punished, but come on.

You write like a bot that picks up on key words without really processing the content and throws out seemingly fitting responses that lack comprehension of content.

Pleasure is not an essential prerequisite for laughter. I would imagine quite a few medical professionals laugh through codes. Humor is a defense mechanism to lighten a mood and reduce stress. It's a way to make the moment better when the situation becomes awful. And then there's nervous laughter, as in the famous Milgram experiment participants. Nearly a third of those delivering "electric" shocks giggled in response to the sound of screaming but their laughter was not from pleasure, but from anxiety. I'm sure sometimes physicians laugh to themselves when someone dies who appears to deserve it, like a murderer succumbing to their injuries. But those same professionals probably aren't sharing a chuckle over every patient because their laughter comes from justice served, not at the happiness of watching patients die.

I don't feel the same about livestock and wild animals as they are not considered companion animals as are dogs and cats. Culturally in the US, pets are elevated from the animal kingdom because of their ability to bond with humans and as a result, it is considered wrong to kill pets for pleasure. Pets are euthanized for overpopulation or sickness, but it is illegal in many areas to kill dogs and cats in the same manner one would legally hunt and kill a wild rabbit, deer or feral hog.

I grew up on a farm where we raised cattle for meat and fresh fish when camping at the lake is very tasty. Very well-versed in the circle of life.

You write like a bot that picks up on key words without really processing the content and throws out seemingly fitting responses that lack comprehension of content.

Pleasure is not an essential prerequisite for laughter. I would imagine quite a few medical professionals laugh through codes. Humor is a defense mechanism to lighten a mood and reduce stress. It's a way to make the moment better when the situation becomes awful. And then there's nervous laughter, as in the famous Milgram experiment participants. Nearly a third of those delivering "electric" shocks giggled in response to the sound of screaming but their laughter was not from pleasure, but from anxiety. I'm sure sometimes physicians laugh to themselves when someone dies who appears to deserve it, like a murderer succumbing to their injuries. But those same professionals probably aren't sharing a chuckle over every patient because their laughter comes from justice served, not at the happiness of watching patients die.

I don't feel the same about livestock and wild animals as they are not considered companion animals as are dogs and cats. Culturally in the US, pets are elevated from the animal kingdom because of their ability to bond with humans and as a result, it is considered wrong to kill pets for pleasure. Pets are euthanized for overpopulation or sickness, but it is illegal in many areas to kill dogs and cats in the same manner one would legally hunt and kill a wild rabbit, deer or feral hog.

I grew up on a farm where we raised cattle for meat and fresh fish when camping at the lake is very tasty. Very well-versed in the circle of life.

*gasp*
You figured me out.
I am a robot from the future, sent back in time to save you from your hypocrisy.
Please read the following in robot voice.

I am aware of the many emotions that laughter can convey. I am aware of the stimuli that can cause laughter. Thank you for the refresher.

Medical professionals laugh at many things. Some that would offend your sensibilities, because of apathy related to saturation.

What you feel is not relevant here. That is what I was trying to share. Thank you for reinforcing my valid argument. Just because the vast majority of society elevates one species above another, does not mean that in scientific or relevant terms that species warrants more attention than the other. Humans elevate cats and dogs, because they are cute, fluffy, sometimes loyal, and felt to be smarter than other species. A pig is capable of the same amount of companionship. I don't see anyone weeping over their morning bacon.

If this woman had gone into someone's yard and sought out Mr.Fluffball, I would not be having this discussion. To kill someone's pet deliberately is an infraction of the law. If Mr.Fluffball was without a collar and had presented himself as a feral cat, then there are mitigating circumstances to consider before deliberately trying to destroy this woman's ability to procure a living and help other sick animals. Most people take offense to this picture, because of the emotion it conveys which is perceived as callous or cruel. An arrow to the head presents just as little suffering, if not less, than 'humane' euthanization. Mr.Fluffball did not suffer. People are appalled by the crude nature of his euthanization, because it offends their sensibilities of how one should feel after killing a cat. Which brings me full circle, to the very hypocrisy of those that despise this woman, yet eat meat.

If a cat is capable of thoughts and feelings, then what differentiates it from a cow, pig, duck, or deer? All of these species have brains, and are capable of displaying higher orders of thinking as well as loyalty.

The human species has a warped mentality when it comes to their treatment of what they consider lesser species. Whether it be a companion pet or livestock raised for food. If cows were small enough to be domesticated, I'm sure they would be considered companion pets as well. If cats were large enough to be herded for food, I'm sure they would be considered livestock as well. Oh, and tasty. They have to be tasty.

As someone that has been brought up in an environment where livestock were raised, I'm sure you can understand what it was like to become attached to a member of a herd and then subsequently see it slaughtered. Because pigs and cows are for eating, and cats and dogs are for loving. I know I have.

Thank you.
Have a nice day.

Well shit, I read all this and was going to resist replying but here it goes. Finding a person's behavior in regards to their treatment of a household pet despicable and still eating meat on occasion does not make me or anyone else a hypocrite.

Drawing a parallel between the two is akin to saying if you take part in sexual relationships, then you must never be disgusted by others sexual behavior, lest you are a hypocrite.

It's apples and oranges @Macabre and you cannot pigeon hole human emotions in regards to other animals. It's far more involved than you would have us believe. Have you ever read the Omnivore's Dilemma? It really is a great book or Foie Gras Wars, both are great books that really try to understand the complicated relationship we have with our food.

Anyway, I think what she did was super fucked up, and I generally abhor trophy hunting. I also enjoy fried chicken (made just right) and love to grill a steak. Still, a hypocrite, no.

Last edited:
Update...

Veterinarian's bow-and-arrow killing of cat prompts action
Members of the veterinary community, including the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and the College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at Colorado State University (CSU), have issued statements of concern and outrage regarding the bow-and-arrow killing of a cat by veterinarian Kristen Lindsey in Texas last week. Some have also taken remedial steps.

The AVMA has set up a special email address to gather complaints: JudicialCouncil@avma.org. They will forward those complaints to the AVMA Judicial Council, which investigates allegations of unethical conduct of veterinarians. From there, they will take appropriate action, including the potential dismissal of Lindsey from AVMA.

CSU, Lindsey’s alma mater (2012), published a letter to CSU students and colleagues expressing its concern, reported KBTX, “decry[ing] the grotesque actions and comments in [Lindsey’s] post” and confirming its support of student and veterinary professionals who are concerned about animal welfare.

Lindsey’s now-former employer, Washington Animal Clinic in Brenham, Tx., immediately fired Lindsey after they learned of the post last week, KBTX reported.

Alley Cat Allies, a national advocacy organization dedicated to the protection and humane treatment of cats, has also offered a $7,500 reward to anyone with evidence leading to the arrest and conviction of the responsible party.

Although neither Washington Animal Clinic nor Lindsey is a member of the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA), AAHA’s Chief Executive Officer, Michael Cavanaugh, DVM, DABVP, perhaps best summed up the veterinary community’s reaction to the incident.

“When I saw this posting on Facebook I was speechless,” said Cavanaugh. “Similar to other organizations, we at AAHA are appalled and saddened by the actions of this veterinarian. Veterinarians have worked very hard to earn the trust of the public and will continue to do so by respecting and celebrating the human-animal bond in our society.

“My hope is this unfortunate act by one individual will not torpedo the efforts of tens of thousands of veterinarians who work tirelessly to do the right thing by their clients and patients every single day.”

This morning, the Austin County Sheriff’s Department completed its investigation, according to its Facebook page. The case has been turned over to the Austin County District Attorney who will file charges against Lindsey under Texas Penal Code 42.092, Cruelty to Nonlivestock Animals. In Texas, Lindsey's actions are classified as a state jail felony.

If convicted, Lindsey could face 180 days to 2 years in a state jail, and up to $10,000 in fines.

Dr. Kristen Lindsey has been fond of “killing things or trying to kill things” for some time, as her old blog reveals. After completing a recent post about Lindsey, I was referred to a 2011 blog she maintained called Life Writings from the Lazy Boot. It appears she abandoned it a short while before she began her journey to become a licensed veterinarian.

The final blog post is about her grandfather, but it’s what is written beneath her blog post that’s particularly chilling. At least, when one considers the photo Lindsey took of herself with a dead cat.
http://www.inquisitr.com/2017999/kr...et-and-killing-animals-according-to-old-blog/
2djyznn.jpg_zpsrspacrjq.png

Her blog was also mentioned in this article...

BREAKING: Texas Cat Killer Case Turned over to DA for Filing of Charges

For those following the heartbreaking story of Kristen Lindsey, the veterinarian accused of posting a photo of herself proudly holding a cat she allegedly shot with an arrow through the head, the Austin County Sheriff’s office just released the following statement:“At 7:59 this morning, the Austin County Sheriff has completed the investigation of the Animal Cruelty case first reported to us last Friday. The completed case file has been turned over to the Austin County District Attorney for filing of charges under Texas Penal Code 42.092.”

The Sheriff’s Office also noted that they “will not release any further comments or updates to this case” and that “any comments, questions or information requests must be made directly to the District Attorney’s Office.” This is good news; things are progressing swiftly, as they should be.

Millions of animals die every day, sadly without much fanfare, but there’s just something about this case that struck a raw nerve with so many. I don’t know if it’s because so many folks have orange tabbies with white chests and white boots, as mine does, or because the alleged killer is a vet and we trust that our veterinarians will uphold their oath to protect the wellbeing of our furry friends. Or if perhaps it’s just that smug smile in the photo that screams mass murderer in the making. When I saw it, I flashed back to memories of Jeffery Dahmer, who also put sticks through cats’ heads; he proudly displayed them in his yard before moving on to killing people.

Perhaps it’s Lindsey’s alleged history of killing animals, noted on her Life Writings from the Lazy Boot blog, which appears to have now been removed. Lindsey describes her interests to include: ”killing things or trying to kill things.”

If that’s not a red flag for a mental illness, I don’t know what is.

I have a feeling it’s a combo of all of this - and more - that has so many of us simply dumbfounded. How could someone be so heartless? How could someone be smart enough to endure the rigors of mastering veterinary medicine, yet be so lacking in common sense no greater than that held by a five year old. How could a mother, who was allegedly equally proud of the kill, happily document it with a photo? Nothing makes any sense here. Just makes the mind swirl and a good heart weep.

I can’t give any legal advice, but it appears that if the accusations are true, she will be charged with Cruelty to Non-Livestock Animals (citing subsection 8: torture), of the Texas Penal Code 42.092. Under Texas law, this is a felony. Based on what I’ve read, I don’t see any applicable defenses.

Well shit, I read all this and was going to resist replying but here it goes. Finding a person's behavior in regards to their treatment of a household pet despicable and still eating meat on occasion does not make me or anyone else a hypocrite.

Drawing a parallel between the two is akin to saying if you take part in sexual relationships, then you must never be disgusted by others sexual behavior, lest you are a hypocrite.

It's apples and oranges @Macabre and you cannot pigeon hole human emotions in regards to other animals. It's far more involved than you would have us believe. Have you ever read the Omnivore's Dilemma? It really is a great book or Foie Gras Wars, both are great books that really try to understand the complicated relationship we have with our food.

Anyway, I think what she did was super fucked up, and I generally abhor trophy hunting. I also enjoy fried chicken (made just right) and love to grill a steak. Still, a hypocrite, no.

It is not I that has pigeonholed human emotion towards animals. It is society.

You speak of this animal as if it were her own. As if she had raised it, fed it, cleaned it, and pet it until one day she decided to take it out for target practice. This is not the case. A seemingly feral cat presented itself, and she eliminated it. Funny thing is, society does the former with numerous other animals, and doesn't bat an eye. Cats and dogs get special treatment, cows and pigs don't. Who divined us the ability to decide which animals are worthy of slaughter, and which are not?

I like the sex analogy. It further ramifies my point. Sex is something that occurs between two consenting adults. One can find disgust for other consenting adults' sexual relationships and practices, but should not villify them. (Much like the arguments against homosexual relationships.) In order to apply this analogy successfully to the relationship humans develop with animals, we must acknowledge that one party in the relationship is unable to give consent and is often deemed of less worth than the other. No animal wants to be killed. It is foolish to think that they consent to their roles of subjugation within society, and that the not so fluffy loving species consent to their own slaughter. Logically, a nonconsensual sexual relationship is rape. We villify rape because it is the unwilling subjugation of one human to another. We, as a society, have decided what roles each species should play in our world. When an animal acts like an animal, and opposes it's role it attacks, defies, or escapes. Punishment is then brought upon it. Us humans, we think we know so much about how things should be done.

It is hypocrisy.
I like my steak medium rare.

She looks like an evil bitch, like the kind of cunt that would make her kid eat hot sauce and other dumbass torturous like shit as punishments for silly things like breathing!
Hope the bitch gets her own "pussy" shot with an arrow.....or fisted by some bulldyke in prison, either/or/both.

Back