• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
She was beautiful.

Ugh, get real. Dude wants to be a girl he should be judged to the same standards other girls are. Look at those eyebrows, i dig the chola look and even i think that's a bit much, looks like a wax job followed by a quick and firm lick of the sharpee, absurd. And the hair? Doesn't appear as if the hair was altered at all. How bout you ditch the emo kid look and grow out something feminine.

I should be an image consultant for these kids. I genuinely could help them a great deal to achieve their goals.

Come on... bit of decency here, please. The kid is dead. From suicide. Did you never make bad fashion choices as a teenager? Besides, her face is rather pretty, despite the emo hair and bright pink lipstick.

I ought to point out some terminology here, though. You describe it as "Dude wants to be a girl"--but that's not actually the case for transgender people. It's more like, "Girl looks like a dude and is sick of everybody thinking she is one." In prenatal development, we all start out as females, and for people with Y chromosomes, that kicks in and makes them into males. But the brain and the body develop at different times, and sometimes, someone with a Y-chromosome gets their body swapped to male, but not their brain. So you have a person whose brain is female, whose personality is female, but whose body is male. Naturally this makes them very uncomfortable. It can happen the other way around, too, but female-to-male transgender is not as common.

What's more truly you--your body, or your mind? This is a girl who's been forced to crossdress as male her whole life because she was born with a penis; she hasn't got much practice at dressing like a girl. Picking on her for not having a lot of practice feels as wrong as picking on a six-year-old girl for not knowing how to apply lipstick without getting it on her teeth.

Ugh I bailed out too early. Now I have so many more good points to make, but I'm sure you will all get to where you're going just fine without my wisdom.

Of course you'll all be getting there on your fancy purple unicorns while I'm sitting in piss on the subway... Such is life of a realist.

I should be an image consultant for these kids.

Well that's a scary fucking thing to think lol. Go for it though! I see support is the theme around here! We need it more than ever now that we have parents turning the future rugged Jack's of the world into little dainty Jack-Lynnes!

Well that's a scary fucking thing to think lol. Go for it though! I see support is the theme around here! We need it more than ever now that we have parents turning the future rugged Jack's of the world into little dainty Jack-Lynnes!

I hate parents coddling their children. I wouldn't support my own kid with this nonsense.

But i have no stake in anyone elses kid, i don't care how they turn out, but dammit if a kid wants to be fabulous he/she needs to be fucking fabulous. I would take great pride in such work.

I hate parents coddling their children. I wouldn't support my own kid with this nonsense.

But i have no stake in anyone elses kid, i don't care how they turn out, but dammit if a kid wants to be fabulous he/she needs to be fucking fabulous. I would take great pride in such work.

I agree. You can't half ass fabulous or you just wind up looking like a dude in makeup...

You clearly haven't seen fantastic drag.

I Didn't say that. The ones that put a sufficient amount of time and effort into it are the ones I wind up taking home most Friday nights... Awwwwkkkkwwwaaarrrd.

Edit: When it's too good to be true, it usually is.

I Didn't say that. The ones that put a sufficient amount of time and effort into it are the ones I wind up taking home most Friday nights... Awwwwkkkkwwwaaarrrd.

Edit: When it's too good to be true, it usually is.
I thought youe were a faithful Slut :wacky::p:nana:

Support the child being whoever they want, labels are for cans! Nobody knows who or what they will decide later. Its their realization.

Newsflash: a human being is not the sum of their parts.
wait a second.. i thought that the reproductive organs (and all that go along with them) ARE what defines a girl as a girl or a boy as a boy. yes of course there is the small percentage of babies born with special conditions or issues that blur the gender lines, but much like being gluten intolerant in Portland Oregon, i think a lot of people are convinced that this tiny percentage applies to them when it does not or maybe should not.

please allow me to offer an example of this. i'm sure sometime, somewhere there have been homosexual people who have confused their desire to date the same sex with their desire to be the opposite sex. as proof, look at the acronym LGBT (and however many letters have been added to it since). that sesame street 'one of these things just doesn't belong here' song comes to mind. Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual. all sexual PREFERENCES as far as who a person is ATTRACTED to. then theres Transgender. whooole other ballgame there, its own separate thing completely. its who a person feels they ARE, inside. it's no wonder the public still fails to understand gender identity versus sexual preference when the transgendered group tacks their own letter onto the LGB.

i have always been a radical extreme liberal and i admit, i do not go online or to gay friends every week looking for any news on whether new letters have been added to LGBT (last i knew, there were 6 or 7 letters total). does anyone? this is an honest question. what is my responsibility as a liberal citizen? one of the last things i would ever want would be to oppress anyone else, as i am a very nonconventional person with a lot of taboo issues in my life myself (bisexuality, mental illness and a recovering formerly homeless addict)... but i have to honestly admit that the way society acts as if everyone who doesnt volunteer for LGBT causes is intolerant is really starting to annoy me.

i've seen people from the trans camp skewer 'intolerant people' who dared to claim that there actually are only 2 genders. now they call anything other than transgender as its own gender, 'cisgender'. no one ever asked me if i wanted to be called this and i was never informed beforehand that i would be. and there are schools now for young children that make up names for gender prefixes to either ignore the differences between boys and girls or classify them all as one gender. what are you gonna tell the kids when they inevitably ask about why peepees are different from weewees, or will their questions just be ignored? and wtf was wrong with 'boy' and 'girl' ?!? its like that south park episode where whichever one of the boys went college hippie and said that there should be someone who bakes in the town and someone to keep an eye on things and another of the boys says, yeah you mean like..a baker, and a cop? ok so we're not using 'he' or 'she' anymore. what will we call them then.. 'zeep's and 'zoop's? that's about as ridiculous as this is to me. but yet that is the direction we are going in. very quickly.

look, i totally get rebelling against mainstream society, i am the queen rebel myself and i fully support people being who they are and doing what they want provided no one else hopefully including themselves will be harmed or their free will fucked with. but i think SOMETIMES, SOME OF the true intolerants are the ones who make shit up and then lash out at anyone who calls it like it is. its one thing to encourage free choices with your kids (hey, does this make parents who wont let their kids do drugs intolerant?), but quite another to call others sharp, loaded names like ignorant or intolerant for demonstrating any contrary belief or teachings. hmm.. forcefully demanding blind acceptance and agreement from all who are different or were taught differently.. and who is being intolerant here? or like the minority kids in school beating me up when i was growing up in the hood in north sacramento, because i was white. they would complain that the white man did this, the white man did that to my people.. well i may be white but i am now the minority and was actually standing in solidarity with your cause, until you demonstrated the exact racial profiling that you accuse me of. and me, i can honestly say i haven't discriminated against anyone for their race or color or anything like that, but i grew up being assaulted harassed and followed home constantly, all because of my skin color. and who is the racist?!

to me, sometimes the bickering about race seems just as pointless, stupid and damaging as the bickering about peoples terms or beliefs about gender/sexual issues not matching up, or fighting over what they call their god. yes there are societal norms just as there are always situations outside the norm. but i do think we as people have made shit way too complicated in our collective quest to challenge the norm, shock others and push boundaries. much like the gutter punk who gets 20 facial tats and piercings and then gruffly yells 'what are you looking at?' when anyone looks. in SOME cases like the one i just described, i think the attention IS the reason they do it, even if they're assholes about getting that attention. idk, it makes no sense to me either.

yes there are some differences between us. but just look at what we collectively have in common. most of us as people just want safety, security, fun, love, happiness and maybe a lil excitement. that's what matters to me anyway. when will we practice wtf we preach, leave the judgements and the labels and our differences and the mistakes of the past, in the past where they belong, and drop all the bs?

@alifinrox Yes, we categorize newborns based on biological sex. But one's sex does not (well, at least shouldn't...) define them as an individual. And we should not impose attributes, attitudes, behaviours and beliefs onto a newborn due to their sex. Everyone obviously does, but that doesn't make it correct.

To piggyback on what you've said, I feel the fundamental issue with the LGBTQ+ community is, well, it's not a community. It has been designed and structured to be inherently divisive...and I would argue it is divided due to majority treatment. I do not see unity in the 'community' of sexual identity.

I do not know many lesbians, but the gay men I know...Jesus. There are infinite layers of subcultures! X won't get with Y, Y won't touch Z, Z wants a B with parts of X, but definitely not Y...I can't even keep track. But these subcultures exist to the detriment of identities within. To expand, there is a HUGE issue with bisexual erasure (particularly in men). How many people would willingly date a bisexual man? I do not know a single gay man comfortable with dating a bisexual. There is a pervasive belief that a bisexual is going to want to eventually "live a 'normal' life" or something equally nonsensical, and a woman isn't going to want to date a bisexual man because he's been with a guy, or use some other hogwash excuse. So, consequently, bisexuals just 'pick sides' and choose to live without openly acknowledging their attraction to X. Ergo, we have an erasure. I do not support such beliefs, but an anecdotal level we cannot deny they are relatively commonplace...

We would be better off hyphening the acronym: LG-B-T-Q-etc. I guess that would only further categorize people, though.

@brokenandtwisted commented:
There are infinite layers of subcultures! X won't get with Y, Y won't touch Z, Z wants a B with parts of X, but definitely not Y...I can't even keep track. But these subcultures exist to the detriment of identities within. To expand, there is a HUGE issue with bisexual erasure (particularly in men). How many people would willingly date a bisexual man? I do not know a single gay man comfortable with dating a bisexual. There is a pervasive belief that a bisexual is going to want to eventually "live a 'normal' life" or something equally nonsensical, and a woman isn't going to want to date a bisexual man because he's been with a guy, or use some other hogwash excuse. So, consequently, bisexuals just 'pick sides' and choose to live without openly acknowledging their attraction to X.

Outstanding.

aplausos-2.gif

Last edited:
My middle daughter is gender fluid, she is straight but she assumes both rolls depending on her mood. She keeps her hair short, some times even wearing boxers and a binder but then other days wears dresses and makeup, there is no line for her. My oldest daughter had a relationship with a girl for 3 years. I could give a damn. I don't tell my son not to cry or to be tough. I've always allowed my kids to be who they are naturally and organically. I am super agnostic but all my kids went to church and my son still goes now but all the girls grew out of it when it stopped being fun and more about control but I don't make that decision for them either. Sometimes, I want to shake them and tell them when they are fucking up but one of the side effects of raising them this way is having 4 fiercely independent strong willed children but secretly I am super proud.

I personally identify as genderqueer. I share a lot of characteristics that your daughter has. Bravo for being supportive.

Back