• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
e0symh.jpg

Crews resume search for missing child along river in Yankton

According to the Yankton County Sheriff's Office, Hilt was reported missing around 7:30 Sunday evening. He was fishing with family members at the boat dock at Riverside Park in Yankton.

A number of law enforcement agencies began a search along the shore, and a Yankton County Search and Rescue Dive team investigated the boat dock area. The search was suspended around midnight due to darkness and cold conditions.

Crews gathered around 6:30 a.m. Monday at a nearby boat ramp to resume the search. A helicopter joined the search later Monday morning.

Hilt is described as having blonde hair, and was last seen wearing tan pants, a green shirt, tan shoes, and glasses. His name was released to KSFY this afternoon by his mother Tina who says the family was out for an Easter fishing trip when her son went missing.

http://www.ksfy.com/home/headlines/...-Yankton-park-298745691.html?device=phone&c=y

UPDATE: 4/11/15 - Lincoln's body was recovered about 100 yards away from the dock where he fell in. The police have determined there was no foul play and the death was accidental.

Very sad...:(

SD police searching for missing boy with wildlife officials
The Hilt family had traveled to Yankton to spend Easter with relatives, mother Tina Hilt told KTIV-TV. Lincoln and his sisters received fishing poles in their Easter baskets Sunday morning.

"We were fishing, and then I got a bite, and I looked away for like a minute, maybe a minute and a half," she said. "Then we looked back, and Lincoln wasn't there. We thought that maybe he had gone up to the bathroom, so we ran up to search the bathroom, and we noticed his rod wasn't around."

"We were fishing, and then I got a bite, and I looked away for like a minute, maybe a minute and a half," she said. "Then we looked back, and Lincoln wasn't there.

So weird that they didn't hear the splashing. Maybe the poor kid hit his head.

Back