• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Holy shite!!!! 14 absesses?!?! :jawdrop: That is a very special kind of torture!! One that I believe would be reserved for the 7th circle of hell. :nailbiting:

I know I'm just echoing everyone else here, but SHIT, I've had 1 absess that resulted in the removal of all 4 wisdom teeth at once a few years back. That absess made everything in my freaking head hurt. No comfort or relief can be had with just ONE. Not to mention the 4 wisdom extractions were no picnic. My face looked like an obese squirrel for a week, cheeks full of cotton and drool, scribbling on a notepad thru tears to have my boyfriend, "BRING ME THE PAIN MEDS -- NOW!!!!" (Sexy eh?!) :writer::kiss:

So I cannot fucking IMAGINE, even in my wildest nightmarish visions, how painful an entire head full of seething infection/pressure/agony + nearly all your teeth pulled at once would be. :eek: Someone grab the smelling salts, I feel faint...

I think I'm gonna go brush again. :beaver:

Last edited:
Just to put your mind at ease, @amac , while I am sure the child was very uncomfortable and in a lot of pain, none of a six-year-old's teeth have roots even approaching the length of the roots on your wisdom teeth......

I have 2 children 8 &14, neither off them have even had a cavity! I'm 34, and I have never had a cavity either. While some of it is just good genetics, it's also good hygiene skills. That poor little girl. Doesnt having rotten baby teeth effect permanent adult teeth?

Yes...especially with infections under the gum line in basically every tooth. That could have easily gone into the bone which would require surgery and all sorts of unlovely outcomes.

Just to put your mind at ease, @amac , while I am sure the child was very uncomfortable and in a lot of pain, none of a six-year-old's teeth have roots even approaching the length of the roots on your wisdom teeth......
What kind of pain relief can a little have? I remember getting Vicodin when I had a root canal... And I was 32. But the amount of pain this poor kid must have been in.

May 27, 2016

A Lehigh Township mother was cleared of charges Friday that she endangered the health of her 6-year-old daughter by failing to take her to the dentist.

Dentist Eugene McGuire in 2014 called the child's 14 abscessed teeth "the worst case of dental disease he'd seen in his career."

But on Friday the child's mother, Jessica Hoffman, was exonerated, according to her attorney, Philip Lauer.

He said Hoffman, 33, tried to get insurance for the child but struggled to pay for it. She eventually got dental insurance, he said.

"I think everyone agreed it was in the best interest of everyone to conclude the charges," Lauer said.

The child's father, Kenneth Wanamaker Jr., 38, pleaded guilty last year to recklessly endangering the child and was sentenced to 30 days to 18 months in Northampton County Prison.

Lauer said the children were taken from Hoffman and Wanamaker by the Northampton County's Office of Children, Youth and Families but have since been returned.

Northampton County District Attorney John Morganelli confirmed Friday the charges against Hoffman were dropped.
http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/nor...sf/2016/05/mother_cleared_of_charges_she.html

Maybe they were having a family portrait done and wanted the child's teeth to match theirs. Fuckin' Meth Heads...
[doublepost=1516917517,1516914636][/doublepost]I had my wisdom teeth yanked when I was in my teens...all 4.
But 1 of them GREW BACK! Supposed to be a pretty rare phenomenon.

I'm special. :YOW:

"Exonerated" Rubbish!
More like too difficult to take to trial and parents got their shit together enough to get the children back. So rather than waste district attorney resources CPS will keep an eye on them.

Back