• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

gatekeeper

Loves the "Funny" Button
Courtesy of @Buffettgirl

7457437_G.jpg

OREGON CITY, OR (KPTV) - Homicide detectives have identified the 7-month-old boy who died after suffering a skull fracture while in the care of his babysitter.

Izaak Gillen died from his head injury on April 7.

Officers were called to Randall Children's Hospital at Legacy Emanuel the afternoon of April 6. Doctors reported treating an infant who had sustained a skull fracture.

Oregon City detectives immediately began investigating the circumstances surrounding the baby's injury.

Investigators determined that Izaak had been at his babysitter's house in Oregon City when the skull fracture occurred.

The parents were notified and have been cooperating fully with the investigation. Oregon City police classified the case as a homicide and an ongoing investigation is underway.

Izaak's parents released a statement on Wednesday. It said, "Our family is deeply saddened with the loss of our son Izaak. Izaak was an inquisitive and curious little boy, who explored the world with a twinkle in his eyes and a smile on his face. He was our happy beautiful little baby. Although this is a tragic event, we take some comfort knowing Izaak was able to save the lives of other children by donating 3 of his organs. In his seven months, Izaak touched many lives."

Police have not made any arrests in connection to this case at this time.

Picture and video at link: http://www.kptv.com/story/28800864/...ing-homicide-of-7-month-old-boy#ixzz3XQFyx54W

Last edited:
Omg,whenever I read stories like this,then to see a picture of the baby,or child it happened to, a sweet, innocent ,perfect little angel it makes it so much more real for me.And like many of you...fellow parents,protective loving mommies,I wonder...what on earth would possess you to hurt someone as innocent as this?as someone who CHOSE to do childcare its even more insane.you know better!!you KNOW when you should walk away and take a time out.its wrong no matter who or what the circumstances were,but to be a childcare provider it makes this sensless crime that much worse.

Dear god!!!his little face is ripping out my heart,cause I have a picture of my son at that exact age that is eerily similar.I am so thankful I was able to be at home during my kids baby years.my son is now 15.i can see how very fortunate I was.i cannot imagine the families who go through this.

I can't imagine as a parent/grandparent...getting that call. Iazzak was such a handsome little guy. RIP baby boy. You are a hero. You saved the lives of three other little babies. My heart goes out to his parents and loved ones. I hope the one that caused the injuries is soon charged.

Little angel! What a precious, adorable, happy little guy!! So, so very sad. :( This site is convincing me more each day to never let ANYONE except very close family watch my child.

Yeah, his heartbreakingly adorable picture was the part of the reason I wanted to bring this one to everyone's attention. That and the whole at the babysitter's house when he was injured thing. :(
Look at his fat little baby hands!!! I want to just eat them up. He looks a bit like my little baby nephew Connor. Ok I must make someone pay for this dear little human not being here anymore. What a little angel butt. RIP little dude.

Little angel! What a precious, adorable, happy little guy!! So, so very sad. :( This site is convincing me more each day to never let ANYONE except very close family watch my child.
Yup. I totally am with you on that...
Sometimes, and in more cases than not, it is close family who is the one doing the harm...of course I mean apart from the DOTM bitches....js

OMG! Rest in sweet bliss little one..I just can't even..Dear Lord please stop this madness I can't take it anymore. These poor children suffering so.

My heart just shattered. I felt the quake through my whole body. He's so beautiful. :( Any other pic would have affected me, but this particular one...the angle...the look...I'm not a religious person, but I have to believe this gorgeous little angel got his wings and is in the loving arms of "God". It's the only thing that settles me.

Arrested and officially charged today...

f0oqk0.jpg

A woman babysitting a 7-month-old infant who suffered a skull fracture while in her care has been arrested and charged with first-degree manslaughter, according to Oregon City police.

Sarah Martin, 37, of Oregon City, was arrested at 4:30 p.m. Wednesday and booked in the Clackamas County Jail.

Officers were called to Randall Children's Hospital at Legacy Emanuel the afternoon of April 6. Doctors reported treating a baby boy who had sustained a skull fracture.

Oregon City detectives immediately began investigating the circumstances surrounding the baby's injury.

Investigators determined that Izaak Gillen had been at his babysitter's house in Oregon City when the skull fracture occurred.

He died the following day.

Investigators said Martin knew the Gillen family through church and had been babysitting Izaak since December 2014.

No other details were immediately released about the investigation.

Martin's bail was set at $250,000. She posted bail Wednesday night and was released from jail.

http://www.kptv.com/story/28936077/...hter-charge-for-death-of-infant#ixzz3YkysRi8Y

Oregon City babysitter 'violently shook' infant a day before his death, police say
Sarah Elizabeth Martin allegedly killed 7-month-old Izaak Gillen "by violently shaking him," according to a probable cause affidavit filed Wednesday by an Oregon City police detective.

Oregon City police arrested Martin around 4:30 p.m. Wednesday on accusations she caused the death of the infant she was babysitting earlier this month.

Martin, 37, was lodged at the Clackamas County Jail on a charge of first-degree manslaughter. Her bail was set at $250,000.

Martin knew the Gillen family through church and had been babysitting Izaak since December 2014, said Oregon City police spokesman Sgt. Matthew Paschall.

Izaak was dropped off at Martin's home around 8 a.m. Aptil 6, according to the affidavit. Martin was the only adult in the home at the time.

Sometime between 12:45 p.m. and 1:06 p.m. that day, Martin shook the baby and inflicted the mortal injury, the affidavit alleged.

Clackamas Fire District 1 responded to a report of a baby who was not breathing at Martin's home in the 1700 block of Ninth Street.

Izaak was taken to Randall Children's Hospital at Legacy Emanuel in Portland. Hospital staff called Oregon City police more than two hours after the 911 call and reported Izaak was being treated for a skull fracture. The baby died at the hospital at 6:38 p.m. the following day, the affidavit said.

The cause of death was determined to be a closed head injury, or a traumatic brain injury, said Dr. Clifford Nelson, a deputy state medical examiner. The child's manner of death was a homicide, Nelson said.

First-degree manslaughter is a Measure 11 crime that carries a mandatory 10-year sentence.

First-degree manslaughter is a Measure 11 crime that carries a mandatory 10-year sentence.

Woooo, scary, ten whole years! I think what she did was a whole helluva alot worse than first degree manslaughter. Plain out murder, anyone who doesn't know that shaking a baby can cause such irreparable harm up to and including death is not capable of taking care of a child in the first place.

I hate seeing shaken-baby cases. Not just because I hate knowing of a deceased or maimed child, but also because the science is super sketch. This is a long but very good read on the subject.

Courtesy @Buffettgirl
His parents chose organ donation <3
OREGON CITY, OR (KPTV) - A woman babysitting a 7-month-old infant who was fatally injured while in her care violently shook the boy, according to an affidavit of probable cause filed in Clackamas County.

Sarah Martin, 37, of Oregon City, was arrested at 4:30 p.m. Wednesday and booked in the Clackamas County Jail on charges of first-degree manslaughter.

Officers were called to Randall Children's Hospital at Legacy Emanuel the afternoon of April 6. Doctors reported treating a baby boy who had sustained a skull fracture.

Investigators determined that Izaak Gillen had been at his babysitter's house in Oregon City when the injury occurred.

He died the following day.

Investigators said Martin knew the Gillen family through church and had been babysitting Izaak since December 2014.

No other details were immediately released about the investigation.

Martin's bail was set at $250,000. She posted bail Wednesday night and was released from jail.

The baby's parents released a statement after his death, describing him as an inquisitive and curious little boy who was their "happy, beautiful little baby."

"Although this is a tragic event, we take some comfort knowing Izaak was able to save the lives of other children by donating three of his organs. In his seven months, Izaak touched many lives," the family statement said.

Sarah Martin, 37, of Oregon City, was arrested at 4:30 p.m. Wednesday and booked in the Clackamas County Jail on charges of first-degree manslaughter.

I can't begin to express my joy and elation the vicious bitch came up with $25K so soon she only had to spend a few hours in that bad, old jail.

Thanks to you, three infants will have a shot at life because instead of an infant who died accidently somewhere, you decided baby Izaak's dead body would look good laying in a crib being mechanically perfused until he could be cut open and "harvested." Well, aren't you the giver. Wonder how your church feels about "God giveth" and Sarah Elizabeth Martin taketh away. I'm sure his parents can hardly contain their rapture...

I hope when you're convicted your home girls stomp your f**kin' ass into a grease puddle, c**t.

ETA: I'm a lifelong advocate of organ donation in my own life and my career. It's the whole baby murder thing that makes my blood boil.

Last edited:
On Wednesday Clackamas County Circuit Court presiding Judge Robert D. Herndon convicted Sarah Elizabeth Martin, 38, of assault in the first degree, meaning she knowingly caused serious physical injury to Izaak Gillan while he was in her care.

00003513765064.jpg

GILLEN FAMILY - Izaak is remembered as 'an inquisitive and curious little boy, who explored the world with a twinkle in his eyes and a smile on his face.'

State medical examiner Dr. Cliff Nelson’s autopsy at Randall Children’s Hospital found sheared nerves in Izaak’s spinal cord in addition to Izaak’s optic nerve. Injuries consistent with head trauma found by Nelson included a skull fracture, bruising and hemorrhaging.

Martin’s defense argued that the medical establishment’s “full force of the fervor to rush to judgment and [to] land on abuse” was inappropriately and incorrectly directed at Martin. She told police told that Izaak choked on a Gerber Puffs snack before she gave him five back blows in an unsuccessful attempt to clear his airway.

Herndon said he couldn't believe Martin's story that medics must have inflicted the injuries to Izaak; sentencing is scheduled for later this month.

After meeting the Gillen family at a church just south of Oregon City, Martin had baby-sat for Izaak since December 2014. Martin also was caring for her own 9-month-old child at the time of Izaak’s death, but no other adults were present at Martin’s home in Oregon City. Izaak died on April 6, 2015.

http://www.pamplinmedia.com/cr/24-n...lizabeth-martin-convicted-of-murdering-infant

OREGON CITY, Ore. -- An Oregon City woman accused of killing an infant she was babysitting by violently shaking him has been sentenced to life in prison.

In April 2015, 37-year-old Sarah Elizabeth Martin was arrested on a manslaughter charge in the death of 7-month-old Izaak Gillen.

Gillen was injured on April 6, 2015 at Martin's house and brought to Randall Children's Hospital, where doctors discovered Izaak's skull was fractured. He died the next day.

“From the moment I found out that I was pregnant, I knew that my heart and my life had been blessed forever,” said his mother Stacy Gillen.

She spoke inside a Clackamas County courtroom Tuesday. Her hands shook as she grabbed the podium during her statement.

“Izaak was truly a gift from God. God gave me the honor and the privilege of being Izaak’s mom and allowed me to love and care for him for seven wonderful months,” Gillen said.

Martin was sentenced Tuesday to a minimum of 25 years in prison without the possibility of parole.

“I trusted Sarah with the most precious thing in the world to me,” Gillen said. “I have spent every day for the last year wishing I could have done more to protect Izaak. My guilt of not being there for my son has been overwhelming.”

Investigators said Izaak suffered skull fractures from being shaken too hard. Martin has maintained the baby choked on food and flopped out of her arms onto the ground.

“As much as I hurt for you and your family, my heart breaks and crumbles even more because not only will you not get to experience the greatest moments of your children’s lives, I will not be able to experience the greatest moments of Izaak's life,” Gillen said.

Justin Gillen, Izaak's father, said he wants to tell other parents not to take their kids for granted.

“Always love your child a little more, give them one more hug, tell them you love them one more time. For it may seem that all of life is ahead, but you never know," he said. "It could be the last time you ever see your child again.”

For Stacy Gillen, the pain is still raw. But she finds comfort in her faith.

"I will see my Izaak one day in heaven and what a day of rejoicing that's gonna be,” she said.

Martin was given an opportunity to speak at the sentencing, but her lawyer advised her not to.

Some of Izaak's family members said they feel justice has been served.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/clack...to-life-in-prison-for-infants-death/199644323

Back